Gillette Fusion

66 mustang

how is everyone's Fusion holding up?

This is the best shaving apparatus I ever laid my hard earned dough down on the counter for. Thanks for asking... :tumbsup:

hmmm, well for me, the blades last about 5 nights, anyone else???? I thought I would get more since they are 12.99 for 4, does a good job though!!!!

I have a Gillette Mach 3 Turbo and a Schick Quattro. The Schick is a piece of crap. After only a shave or two the stupid blades are worn out or full of hair so I have to toss it. The Mach 3 is a better blade. I still have shaving though. I bought an electric shaver and I rarely use it because the stupid thing won't shave your face unless you have 2 or less days of facial hair. Should I invest in a Fusion? I thought about it and never did.

I've been thinking of retiring my Trac II and Gillette Sensor now for years but the damn blades for the newer shavers are outrageously expensive....and if I can only get 4-5 shaves per blade well fuck!! Maybe I'll just grow a damn beard and be done with it....

Loved the Fusion at first, but the blades (as mentioned above) only last about a week, and at the price it costs for refills I was quickly back to my Mach 3 and my wallet thanks me.

Now Thats a shave!!! I tried that other one, wasnt even close, you can fucking blindfold me, and give me the gillette shave test, i'll know it the first stroke down my face, the cadillac of razors!!!

• 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...

so I put my fusion on the bench today. I really needed some new blades but they are just so expensive. I picked up the Schick with the 5 blades. used it tonight and it was a good shave. the reason for the switch? the blades were about half the price. got the razor and 2 blades for $5 so if it was a piece of crap I wasn't out much but it if holds up I will be able to actually afford blades. I'd get a good honest 4 weeks out of one fusion blade. now lets see how this does.

Not even a close second, by far the best and only razor ive used since its inception, I buy every new one that is released, almost as readily as I wait for the release of one of my favorite bands new cd's, I have NO!!! problem dropping a bill on blades either, when I got my income tax returns, I spent $500 on blades, and I will NEVER!! feel buyers remorse buying those things, I have a years worth of blades, a clean smooth face, and im a happy motherfucker, great thread!!

• 1 month later...

so I put my fusion on the bench today. I really needed some new blades but they are just so expensive. I picked up the Schick with the 5 blades. used it tonight and it was a good shave. the reason for the switch? the blades were about half the price. got the razor and 2 blades for $5 so if it was a piece of crap I wasn't out much but it if holds up I will be able to actually afford blades. I'd get a good honest 4 weeks out of one fusion blade. now lets see how this does.

one month later and no sign of needing to change my first set of blades on the new Schick. still a great shave so this is a WINNER in my book.

one month later and no sign of needing to change my first set of blades on the new Schick. still a great shave so this is a WINNER in my book.

man ive tried that Quatro, my ex bought one for me, I went into my bathroom and started shaving, one drag down my face, and I said FUCK THIS SHIT!! it wasn't even comparable, honestly im not just saying this, I'm not a particular guy about most shit like this, but when I found something so incredibly comfortable, it's almost like it feels good, I enjoy shaving, I gave that Quatro to Tiffany, for her legs and other, and I drove all the way to the nearest Walmart, cause it was like 3am, and I got me a new Phantom Fusion Power, this was when they first came out, I ran straight home(with one swipe of clean face in the middle of my 5oclock shadow,) and finished shaving, it was then i swore my allegiance to Fusion, NOTHING EVEN IS KIND OF LIKE IT!!, for those of you who haven't tried it, do not let the price of the blades or anything sway you, i am one of the most frugal cheapskate fuckers on the planet, and really it is fucking hard to buy the blades, I have to make myself buy them, but I AM NEVER SORRY I DID BUY THEM, and I don't know about other men's facial hair, but those blades are pretty heavy duty, I don't know how you can only get 5 days worth of use out of them, I can usually pull about 3 weeks out of each blade, then I transfer it over to my other Phantom I have, that is strictly for head and body, so in all these little fuckers keep me hairless forever, and I find anybody who says it's not the best highly suspect??

it's not the quatro, its the hydro 5 . it is their 5 blade razor and it 's pretty sweet

I know I was just explaining my "moment of clarity" it was at the use of a Quattro, I have not tried the Hydro, because I just don't really feel a reason to, other then im the type of guy who cannot sit and wonder "well I wonder what the Hydro feels like, what if it's better then...(gulp)the Fusion" and it will sit and eat at me, until I either go buy one, or just eventually decide not to worry about it, and forget it, I just have tried so many different systems, my personal preference is and always will be a straight razor, IMO there is no comparison, it is the absolute only perfect shave I have ever had, so the Fusion is as close to a str8 razor shave Ive ever gotten, it's even more comfortable of a feeling, so I have NOT!! tried the Hydro, i have to admit im a bit curious, but I guess if it aint broke don't try to fix it right? I just cant see anything being better then the Fusion. That's all.

The Fusion is the king of the 100m dash. The Hydro5 starts out a step behind but when you are running the 200m dash the Hydro5 wins. in short the Hydro5 isn't quite as good the first 3 shaves but from that point on it is better / longer lasting good shave for me.

The Fusion is the king of the 100m dash. The Hydro5 starts out a step behind but when you are running the 200m dash the Hydro5 wins. in short the Hydro5 isn't quite as good the first 3 shaves but from that point on it is better / longer lasting good shave for me.

I get that