What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Rockarma - Bring It

Well everyone else seems to have this... :whistle:

The UK Kivel shipment obviously arrived in the last 2 days.

The Australian shipment hasn't yet. :(

Been spinning a lot of my Ipod lately... the joys of the equivalent of a perfect radio station. :)

They don't send decent music over there mate obviously, so you will have a long wait :lol:

Yeah, actually, you,re right, Jez. I haven,t got a decent CD for a long time. Only great-excellent CDs these days for me. Surely that includes, Rockarma, though.

Looking at your playlists, though... You know, mate, it wouldn't hurt you to listen a decent album every now and then. ;)

Rockarma - Bring It

Been spinning a lot of my Ipod lately... the joys of the equivalent of a perfect radio station. :)

They don't send decent music over there mate obviously, so you will have a long wait :lol:

Yeah, actually, you,re right, Jez. I haven,t got a decent CD for a long time. Only great-excellent CDs these days for me. Surely that includes, Rockarma, though.

Looking at your playlists, though... You know, mate, it wouldn't hurt you to listen a decent album every now and then. ;)

And those Excellent CD's would be what exactly :lol: Don't worry your little head about my listening pleasures around these parts my lad, as you obviously have your own worries in that dept. Kid Corageous, Motor Arse, Freaking Faber Drive and all the other 'Quality Melodic Hard Rock' (:lol:) bands that you listen to and make your 'Best of' years lists, then I would really start really worrying. :whistle:

Allen/Lande - The Battle

Allen/Lande - The Revenge

Mother's Finest - Iron Age

Rockarma - Bring It

Rockarma - Bring It

And those Excellent CD's would be what exactly :lol: Don't worry your little head about my listening pleasures around these parts my lad, as you obviously have your own worries in that dept. Kid Corageous, Motor Arse, Freaking Faber Drive and all the other 'Quality Melodic Hard Rock' (:lol:) bands that you listen to and make your 'Best of' years lists, then I would really start really worrying. :whistle:

I can't remember all my latest CDs that arrived - Faber Drive and Avaiator were the last two.

Haha, my good buddy... just keep in mind, I think there was about one CD on your 20 best CDs of 2007 that we had in common and I didn't have the rest on mine because *gasp* I thought they were horrid piles of dogshit. :)

I have no problem with an abundance of quality, but I think you'd best assess your self-convinced collection of bland tomfoolery. ;) Just keep in mind there are plenty of people out there who believe Kim Mitchell is an outdone over-the-hill nobody who's only place is to try recording average dime-a-dozen, passion-less rock songs to be forgotten as the song fades out, or that Robbie Valentine's voice and over-the-top excuses for "melody" are like having your penis eaten by bullants, or Pride of Lions is arguably the blandest stack of horse manure disguised as music the genre has seen in 20 years.

May not be the majority of voters, but there are plenty out there with such opinions. :)

Rockarma - Bring It

I can't remember all my latest CDs that arrived - Faber Drive and Avaiator were the last two.

Haha, my good buddy... just keep in mind, I think there was about one CD on your 20 best CDs of 2007 that we had in common and I didn't have the rest on mine because *gasp* I thought they were horrid piles of dogshit. :)

I have no problem with an abundance of quality, but I think you'd best assess your self-convinced collection of bland tomfoolery. ;) Just keep in mind there are plenty of people out there who believe Kim Mitchell is an outdone over-the-hill nobody who's only place is to try recording average dime-a-dozen, passion-less rock songs to be forgotten as the song fades out, or that Robbie Valentine's voice and over-the-top excuses for "melody" are like having your penis eaten by bullants, or Pride of Lions is arguably the blandest stack of horse manure disguised as music the genre has seen in 20 years.

May not be the majority of voters, but there are plenty out there with such opinions. :)

We are talking your horrible 2nd list here by the way, so keep your skids on!!!

Most of the discs on my list wouldn't be of interest to you basic tastes anyway, so I wouldn't expect you to have many of them there. Bland - nah Don't think so there matey! Rush, Dream Theater, Nightwish, Starcastle etc etc not your thing, although from your 'goodish' list I have 13 of them ,although not all made the heady top 20.

Your dislike of Robby Valentine (sometimes killer by your own admission - confused? I am)) and Kim Mitchell (who bar one disc, you know fuck all about anyways) are well documented, so I won't hark on about them, except to say that Kim Mitchell especially is a pretty highly regarded artist even today (just like many crap bands on your 2nd list - oh how they dream :lol:) - He only recorded his latest album after being hassled soo much by the people who care about his music (and I pre warn you that another one is on the way so you can slag it as well ) - sure some won't like him and will have the same opinion as yourself, but what the hell.

The rest of my list I know of at least 4 or 5 discs that you rated pretty highly, so saying only one is a slight exageraton me thinks. Voices Of Rock, Gotthard, Loverboy, Keldian you said was pretty ok, Allen/Lande, Goodbye Thrill. Of the rest, how many can you honestly say you have even heard - not many I would wager, so an opinion is rather difficult I would say?

Of your lists, I can honestly say that I tried and tasted most of them, even the horrid 2nd one (didn't buy anything from there except tht Faber thing which was awful) so I can at least give my own honest opinion on most of these.

Hades - $AVIOR$ELF

Twisted Sister - YOU CAN'T STOP ROCK N ROLL

Most of the discs on my list wouldn't be of interest to you basic tastes anyway, so I wouldn't expect you to have many of them there. Bland - nah Don't think so there matey! Rush, Dream Theater, Nightwish, Starcastle etc etc not your thing, although from your 'goodish' list I have 13 of them ,although not all made the heady top 20.

Your dislike of Robby Valentine (sometimes killer by your own admission - confused? I am)) and Kim Mitchell (who bar one disc, you know fuck all about anyways) are well documented, so I won't hark on about them, except to say that Kim Mitchell especially is a pretty highly regarded artist even today (just like many crap bands on your 2nd list - oh how they dream :lol:) - He only recorded his latest album after being hassled soo much by the people who care about his music (and I pre warn you that another one is on the way so you can slag it as well ) - sure some won't like him and will have the same opinion as yourself, but what the hell.

The rest of my list I know of at least 4 or 5 discs that you rated pretty highly, so saying only one is a slight exageraton me thinks. Voices Of Rock, Gotthard, Loverboy, Keldian you said was pretty ok, Allen/Lande, Goodbye Thrill. Of the rest, how many can you honestly say you have even heard - not many I would wager, so an opinion is rather difficult I would say?

Of your lists, I can honestly say that I tried and tasted most of them, even the horrid 2nd one (didn't buy anything from there except tht Faber thing which was awful) so I can at least give my own honest opinion on most of these.

I probably heard a hell of a lot more on your list than one would assume. Most didn’t even make it past the ‘worth commenting on’ stage in my line of commentary. But seriously mate, I don’t mean to spite you and get you so fired up. I think different opinions are healthy and I’m happy for you to enjoy your tunes (which I generally dislike) and me to enjoy my tunes (which you generally dislike).

I just sometimes get the feeling you think a lot of what I enjoy is pure shit (not in your opinion… you think it is actually shit) and what you listen to is flawless. I’m merely pointing out that there are plenty of people out there who would rather listen to urine in a bowl than Kim Mitchell, or Saga, Panic Division, (the horrid) Roadstar etc…. as well as Faber Drive or Motor Ace. I know very well people hate a lot of what I listen to… but I also know that the same applies to a lot of what makes up your list of 20 and what you think of Faber Drive is no different to how I view Toto.

We probably agree on a lot of the core stuff on this site, but when we deviate from the basic “essentials” we deviate on very, very different paths. :)

I probably heard a hell of a lot more on your list than one would assume. Most didn’t even make it past the ‘worth commenting on’ stage in my line of commentary. But seriously mate, I don’t mean to spite you and get you so fired up. I think different opinions are healthy and I’m happy for you to enjoy your tunes (which I generally dislike) and me to enjoy my tunes (which you generally dislike).

I just sometimes get the feeling you think a lot of what I enjoy is pure shit (not in your opinion… you think it is actually shit) and what you listen to is flawless. I’m merely pointing out that there are plenty of people out there who would rather listen to urine in a bowl than Kim Mitchell, or Saga, Panic Division, (the horrid) Roadstar etc…. as well as Faber Drive or Motor Ace. I know very well people hate a lot of what I listen to… but I also know that the same applies to a lot of what makes up your list of 20 and what you think of Faber Drive is no different to how I view Toto.

We probably agree on a lot of the core stuff on this site, but when we deviate from the basic “essentials” we deviate on very, very different paths. :)

Agreed on some points, especially that you are way off what I listen to on quite a lot of stuff, but we meet on a few things, but as I said before you seem to be basing your opinions on for example Kim Mitchell on one disc that you have mentioned - Have you heard and given any of his other stuff a listen (you hadn't the last time I asked you!)That is also a point, that I think you hear one disc by a certain artist say Saga for example, and just because you don't like one of their discs, they are then labelled shit for life? I just think that is extremely narrowminded. You confuse the fuck out of me - you like Some Robby Valentine stuff, then the next moment are slating him to death, you seem to have no consistency in some of your opinions on certain things. And yes I do genuinely think that some of the stuff you listen to is complete Shit as you mention and I certainly have a wide range in music to be able to make a justified opinion for myself. Well never agree much on anything to be honest, so I will keep my opinions to myself from now on and leave it at that :drink:

Agreed on some points, especially that you are way off what I listen to on quite a lot of stuff, but we meet on a few things, but as I said before you seem to be basing your opinions on for example Kim Mitchell on one disc that you have mentioned - Have you heard and given any of his other stuff a listen (you hadn't the last time I asked you!)That is also a point, that I think you hear one disc by a certain artist say Saga for example, and just because you don't like one of their discs, they are then labelled shit for life? I just think that is extremely narrowminded. You confuse the fuck out of me - you like Some Robby Valentine stuff, then the next moment are slating him to death, you seem to have no consistency in some of your opinions on certain things. And yes I do genuinely think that some of the stuff you listen to is complete Shit as you mention and I certainly have a wide range in music to be able to make a justified opinion for myself. Well never agree much on anything to be honest, so I will keep my opinions to myself from now on and leave it at that :drink:

My thoughts have been the same on Robbie Valentine from day one. He does have some simply immaculate songs in his catalogue, BUT, he has one of the top 5 worst voices in rock and when he’s not producing his 1-2 outright gems per album, the rest of any album is complete and utter, over-the-top garbage. And his new album had no redeeming qualities, aside from the closing ballad. IMO he is an awful artist… but an awful artist with several songs I confess I love.

And if you’ve “properly” heard every artist on my 2nd ‘Best of’ list that you are so quick to write off, I resign my ballsack to you and ask you to do with it what you wish. I may not know much about much in life, but I know pretty soon if an artist is one I like or not. I don’t need 3-4 albums in full to help me decide. It is very obvious to me. I can guarantee you there are just as many modern bands you’ve written off without a decent listen.

The only thing I’ve ever tried to point out is that, for every band you genuinely think is actually factually shit, I think the same of others you may enjoy. I truly do believe POL and Toto are horrible bands with talented musicians. I know. It may be shocking to you, but it’s how it is. It doesn’t mean you know an encyclopedia’s worth more about music than me… it’s just that we think differently. :drink:

We probably agree on a lot of the core stuff on this site, but when we deviate from the basic “essentials†we deviate on very, very different paths. :)

My thoughts have been the same on Robbie Valentine from day one. He does have some simply immaculate songs in his catalogue, BUT, he has one of the top 5 worst voices in rock and when he’s not producing his 1-2 outright gems per album, the rest of any album is complete and utter, over-the-top garbage. And his new album had no redeeming qualities, aside from the closing ballad. IMO he is an awful artist… but an awful artist with several songs I confess I love.

And if you’ve “properly†heard every artist on my 2nd ‘Best of’ list that you are so quick to write off, I resign my ballsack to you and ask you to do with it what you wish. I may not know much about much in life, but I know pretty soon if an artist is one I like or not. I don’t need 3-4 albums in full to help me decide. It is very obvious to me. I can guarantee you there are just as many modern bands you’ve written off without a decent listen.

The only thing I’ve ever tried to point out is that, for every band you genuinely think is actually factually shit, I think the same of others you may enjoy. I truly do believe POL and Toto are horrible bands with talented musicians. I know. It may be shocking to you, but it’s how it is. It doesn’t mean you know an encyclopedia’s worth more about music than me… it’s just that we think differently. :drink:

Keep you ballsack to yourself thanx - ye gads what a horrible thought. Like my stuff, loathe my stuff, your loss really is all I will say and no you certainly don't shock me in tany way, shape or form. An encyclopedia - I don't think so, but a good novel maybe compared to a your note book maybe a better way of putting it.

If you judge an artist after one disc then more fool you. Many bands/Artists I am into I didn't like some of their stuff, but took each album on it's own merits and quite often have stuck with those bands ever since. Some on your list I will check again next time they release a new album, if I like them I will get it, if not,I will be here telling you how shit they are IMO - simple really. Kim Mitchell - no 2 discs are the same, especially compared to the latest one, but you would know that right. Same with Toto - every one different, but as you have heard them all you'd know that as well!!! You like the Work Of Art demos which are pure 'Isolation ' era Toto down to a note, yet you hate 'All' Toto's stuff because you don't like their style the way they write stuff.???? Bizarre.

inspired by Wotty....

Bon Jovi - 100 000 001 Bon jovi fans cant be wrong disc 1.

(i added an extra 1 to the the number just for Wot)

Better make it 5 more, as Ian's Brothers, Jon, Tico, Alec John, Richie And David Wotty are fans as well!!! Oh Ian you have been a very very naughty boy haven't you. You lying, underhand little country boy you!!! :rofl2:

inspired by Wotty....

Bon Jovi - 100 000 001 Bon jovi fans cant be wrong disc 1.

(i added an extra 1 to the the number just for Wot)

Better make it 5 more, as Ian's Brothers, Jon, Tico, Alec John, Richie And David Wotty are fans as well!!! Oh Ian you have been a very very naughty boy haven't you. You lying, underhand little country boy you!!! :rofl2:

Dont forget his collection of Bon Jovi dolls... apparently they all have personalities...

Beyond Fear - S/T