Support your local P2P site

Guest wings

this is a grea site, I use it to reference alot of my music.

But people....you can get much of this stuff for free.

I currently use e-mule and Ive increased my collection by 20 gigs in 3 weekes alone....

MUSIC CAN BE FREE>>>GO GET IT :bunch:

I currently use e-mule and Ive increased my collection by 20 gigs in 3 weekes alone....

That'll be one big nest of hornets you'll be stirring there.

First post as well.

That'll be one big nest of hornets you'll be stirring there.

First post as well.

:agree:

I think you'll find that many people here would rather support the bands by buying the music, unless it's OOP or unreleased. This whole site was created by, run by, and frequented by people who love the music and want to foster the long term existence of it. If nobody pays for the music, the bands will stop putting it out as far as I can see. We're not talking about major label performers here for the most part, we're talking about small labels like Frontiers, MTM, Z Records, etc.

I'm no stranger to downloading, but if I like it enough to keep it, I buy it. Just my opinion is all... :blink:

:soapbox: out. :)

Good for you,now tell us something we (and the rest of the world) dont already know!

No doubt <_< Not a good way to start off here bud.....

I dislike the P2P clients in general for all the piggyback ad/spyware they sneak onto your PC. eMule is okay because they do have binary version, but it is a bitch to try downloading something with it.

I tried it to download some English premiership soccer games, and got people leaching form me the very second I connect to their network, while in contrast I had to wait HOURS to get someting coming to me with the whooping speeds of 0.5kbps ... and then if you dont download something very popular the chance of getting stalled is very real and makes it worthless. It is very frustrating to spend hours downloading to 96% and get stalled, so in 2 words, or one emoticon -> :2up: p2p

Oh yeah, almost forgot, Music can be free, but that's called STEALING and is a bloody lame! :fu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I do download music, but like Charvel said, its usually OOP or really hard to find stuff..

I downloaded some Jaded heart (Which is seriously great) and now my project is to buy all of their cd's...

It has to be give and take...To me, its kind of like the radio...Songs are there for you to listen to, then you say "I have to have that" and go buy the cd...

Plus, opening a new cd...the smell, the liner notes...ITs an experience that makes me smile

I've downloaded tons of freebie MP3s off of various band's/label's official web sites (cuz that's what they're there for) but I don't visit any of those P-2-P sites. Dang things 'll give ya viruses... :puke:

I guess I'm old school too cuz I like to have the original CD whenever it's at all possible. Even when I finally break down and make a CD-R copy of some old hard to find or OOP favorite it just bugs me that I don't have the "real" CD. I guess it's a kind of music-collector's version of O.C.D. :)

Even when I finally break down and make a CD-R copy of some old hard to find or OOP favorite, it just bugs me that I don't have the "real" CD.  I guess it's a kind of music-collector's version of O.C.D. :)

Hey, I have that too! Is there a support group I can join?? :blink:

We would be able to start a chapter right here on this board. I'll start the first meeting:

"Ahem...Hi, my name is Fat Freddy, and I'm a compulsive music geek."

(Room full of H.H. members): "HI FREDDY!"