Bad eBay buyer: cdkarl2005 , beware

This guy is some serious quack!

He never contacted me, nor paid, so after 3 weeks or so I started the FVF refund process. ON the 27th day, in the very last minute of the grace period erBay gives for responding to the FVF, this twat paid me via unconfirmed PayPal account, and on top on that requested his CDs to be shipped to a different mailing address. Yet he DID NOT respond to the FVF

Accepting such unconfirmed LATE payment with instructions to send to outside mailing address rang a huge warning bell for me, so I said "no thanks, your CDs are no longer available" (which is true btw as they went to other interested buyers already), and immediately refunded his payment.

Then on the next morning I accomplished the FVF (he failed to respond within the 8 days required period, so I was able to complete the process and receive the refunds).

Now, as you can imagine this sent him straight into the sky, and now he pestering eBay AND threathening to give me negative if I dont removie his non-paying bidder strike immediately... I usually would laugh at such phony threats, but given what horror stories I've read here recently one starts to wonder if eBay could somehow screw me in this twat's fawor... <_<

So beware

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He never contacted me, nor paid, so after 3 weeks or so I started the FVF refund process. ON the 27th day, in the very last minute of the grace period erBay gives for responding to the FVF, this twat paid me via unconfirmed PayPal account, and on top on that requested his CDs to be shipped to a different mailing address. Yet he DID NOT respond to the FVF

Accepting such unconfirmed LATE payment with instructions to send to outside mailing address rang a huge warning bell for me, so I said "no thanks, your CDs are no longer available" (which is true btw as they went to other interested buyers already),  and immediately refunded his payment.

Then on the next morning I accomplished the FVF (he failed to respond within the 8 days required period, so I was able to complete the process and receive the refunds).

Now, as you can imagine this sent him straight into the sky, and now he pestering eBay AND threathening to give me negative if I dont removie his non-paying bidder strike immediately... I usually would laugh at such phony threats, but given what horror stories I've read here recently one starts to wonder if eBay could somehow screw me in this twat's fawor...  <_<

So beware

Since you refunded his payment and Ebay granted you the FVF, there is not anything he can do. He did not respond within the alotted days so that is his problem. I always avoid buyers who want something sent to a "different" address unless i know them. I would just forward all the info over to Ebay's Safe Harbor with his threats etc. And that will cover you all the way around....

Later

Lon

Accepting such unconfirmed LATE payment with instructions to send to outside mailing address rang a huge warning bell for me, so I said "no thanks, your CDs are no longer available" (which is true btw as they went to other interested buyers already),  and immediately refunded his payment.

Now, as you can imagine this sent him straight into the sky, and now he pestering eBay AND threathening to give me negative if I dont removie his non-paying bidder strike immediately... I usually would laugh at such phony threats, but given what horror stories I've read here recently one starts to wonder if eBay could somehow screw me in this twat's fawor...  <_<

So beware

Since you refunded his payment and Ebay granted you the FVF, there is not anything he can do. He did not respond within the alotted days so that is his problem. I always avoid buyers who want something sent to a "different" address unless i know them. I would just forward all the info over to Ebay's Safe Harbor with his threats etc. And that will cover you all the way around....

Later

Lon

I thought I was the only one who was going to have a problem with this guy.....I bought "CANNON--THUNDER AND LIGHTNING" from him, and I sent his payment a couple of days after the auction's end. Wouldnt you know, he emailed through ebay three times about the payment not getting there. And I tried to explain the first go round about how long it takes for a payment to get from here to whereever the hell he was at. He started asking me how come I didnt use Western Union. To my knowlege, WU is expensive, and should not be used on ebay unless you know the seller. And besides I never used WU before. Money Gram either. I can understand his concern for getting his payment. Good seller, but a little nerveracking. Eventually he got the payment.....and then left good feedback for me hoping I buy from him again soon....I don't know if I should or not. If I do, I probably will get another dose of the same medicine.

So beware

Anyone whose has been on ebay for awhile can pretty much see the signs and should do what they need to protect themselves. I would have done the same thing and at this point I wouldnt worry to much whether he leaves negative or not. Ebay or Paypal are going to do what they want either way so I would do what you think is best for you.

My listings as you have probably already seen are pretty basic. Either contact me within 3 days or I expect payment in 7. After 7 I file the NPA and 7 days later the FV. I definetly would not remove the bidders strike under any circumstance. If payment cant be made in 14 days I figure they desrve it.

Later

Lon

Yep, i'll wait to see if eBay will take his moans seriously and contact me before forwarding his e-mails to the safe harbour. eBay is a mess and I prefer to stay away unless it is absolutely necessary to get involved.

Anyone whose has been on ebay for awhile can pretty much see the signs and should do what they need to protect themselves. I would have done the same thing and at this point I wouldnt worry to much whether he leaves negative or not. Ebay or Paypal are going to do what they want either way so I would do what you think is best for you.

My listings as you have probably already seen are pretty basic. Either contact me within 3 days or I expect payment in 7. After 7 I file the NPA and 7 days later the FV. I definetly would not remove the bidders strike under any circumstance. If payment cant be made in 14 days I figure they desrve it.

I agree with you, and my policies are very open. In general I wait 3 weeks to receive a payment and then file for NPA/FVF. If a buyer contacts me and ask for extra time, I always agree and try to be helpful (well, in case he is not james arWhine of course).

But if I havent received the payment within 3 weeks NOR havent heard form the buyer, then the deal is off and I may not accept late payments if I dont feel I like to, that simple. If they dont like it, too bad, try Amazon instead. :)

This guy wants his money right away, yet he never pays or takes his sweet time. I had to threaten him with negative feedback if payment wasn't sent, finally paid after over a month. Piss me off, I forgot to block the bidder, still has to pay for another item he just won. Look at his feedback now. Not the most trustworthy is an understatement.

Here is an update on my lastest transaction with cdkarl2005, like he did zacharyamelie, he took over 3 weeks to pay me, then paid me with paypal on the 24th, but yesterday I got a notice that paypal was holding his payment.....so I called paypal and they told me, "they couldn't tell me what was wrong with his account" but they did say it was probably he paid me with a bank account that had insuffient funds....he was supposed to clear this up by calling them..I got the austrian/german number for paypal and put him onto it.....but paypal still has my funds in hold....shitty thing is I sent the cd's the day before but I have not told him that, if he knows he is getting the cd's without paying I might be screwed....I will let everyone know what happens, but he is now blocked from my auctions, 3 weeks to pay then his payment turns out lame, I have had enough!!! :angry:

This guy wants his money right away, yet he never pays or takes his sweet time. I had to threaten him with negative feedback if payment wasn't sent, finally paid after over a month. Piss me off, I forgot to block the bidder, still has to pay for another item he just won. Look at his feedback now. Not the most trustworthy is an understatement.

I told you guys he is a quack. Did he speaks to you in gibbersh like Tarzan from the jungle when you ask him something inconvenient, and then suddenly would get his English miraculously sorted out when something doesnt go his way?

Way uncool guy, I'm sure I'd have gotten the same paypal treatment if I havent rejected his payment...

Guest ypsmusik

This guy is a little "James Arvine" from Ausria.

Big buyer, but unfortunately an absolute "slow payer" with a few blackouts > "I have forgotten to pay the Cds "<. :anon: blablabla.

He also had already a few ebay usernames and I'm sure he will end his current very soon.

Poor boy!!! :blink:

cdkarl2005 is Thomas Reisinger of Austria.....many of you are familiar with him. In my last auction, I had to file a non paying bidder alert on him, after which he did respond and make payment with paypal. I was lucky this time around........

I've had transactions with him previously, but I've got to try an avoid him in the future. A close friend of mine "smiley1969" just got hit with a Paypal notice similiar to Mike Butt stating the payment of $57 was being held and investigated by paypal. Trouble is, the payment arrived Nov 24 and my friend sent the CDs the very next day. Then, Nov 28 Paypal decides to have an investigation and freeze the funds.......

I'm not sure what is going on, but this is another fellow you want to be wary of.....he is also a SELLER who offers some super rare titles !!!!

So even if you aren't a seller, if you buy on E Bay, beware of this guy!

This may be a stupid question, but why would anyone keep their feedback 'private'? Unless you have something to hide, that is. I don't understand why eBay would even give you the option of doing it? People are automatically going to mis-trust anyone that isn't open about it, I assume...

Kinda late to decide to keep your feedback private. Do it from the start, not all of a sudden after accumulating 11 negative feedbacks in a month.

Too bad there's no smilies of Forman's dad from that 70's Show, saying ''Dumbass''.

Alright Koogles you beat me to the punch by one minute. Not next time. I will be quicker, faster and yet not any wiser.

On Guard! :joust:

Here is another one of his e bay ID's ...... redkatalin2005

You want to block this one because it is still active. His cdkarl2005 has been yanked.... 14 negative feedbacks already this month!!!!

If you look at the feedback on his redkatalin2005 ID, you'll notice that he gave himself feedback using cdkarl2005 when he first signed up......isn't that something?

What I can't understand is, with all the technology at hand, why can't E Bay and PayPAL cross reference these people who continually sign up using new ID's after being suspended for ripping people off. All they need do is properly verify their Credit Cards, names, addresses and bank accounts.......

They need to verify that people are who they say they are and can provide adequate identification before allowing them to participate.......

Its called shillbidding and is forbidden by ebay rules. But then ebay had proved they tend to close thir eyes for some bad stuff, and yet overjumped the gun for something absolutely pointless. Thus scumbags like James arWHINE will always be permitted to make new accounts using the very same name adn address and credit card. It is just good for ebay business I guess

thanks for the heads up on redkatalin2005. I'm about ready to post some cool AOR/Melodic stuff on ebay and people like karl or jamez would be the first to come and screw. Now at least I can block karl temporarily