Cricket !

Wotty

Well,Well.Well.Who won the bloody Ashes then ?? I'm tempted to let rip but the Aussies helped make it a great series.So just a few ::: :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

Unbelievable. This has been one of the most incredible days imaginable. I'd all but given up. Pietersen is a freak. How can you play so well under so much presure.

Thanks Dave for the Aussie Banter and I look forward to our boys giving your boys a good stuffing in your back garden in two years.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Fair play :drink: to Dave for all the humble banter, & to the Aussies who played this in the right spirit. They aint used to losing so to take it so well is pretty cool.

Pietersen was outstanding on the last day, I really thought this would be a nail-biter but he came good when we needed him. Obviously it's great to win, but this has been incredible entertainment since Day 1....

Totally agree TIM -Brilliant series. Can't wait for the 3 dvd to come out next month to watch it all again. The best team won in the end though. Got a little worried at lunch today, but Pietersen & Giles brought us home. Dave - Cheers mate and well played. It's been fun with all the comments, we'll have to find another topic to get into now!!!!

:drink: :drink: :drink:

:bunch: :bunch: :bunch:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Congrats to England on well fought series.

:crying: I think next time we, Aussies, play you guys, we going have few new faces. I don't think Warnie, McGarth, Gilchrist, would be going around again.

Without Mcgrath & Warne you will have major problems. Have been talking to a few Aussies recently and all say that there isn't much up and coming in the bowling department. They reckon that your long reign is coming to an end. Don't know about that, as I don't know any of your other players, Tait looks promsing, but will need alot of coaching to get his consistency together. Otherwise I can't really comment.

To Ian , Jez , Tim & Pete :bowdown: To you guy's. A well deserved victory without a shadow of doubt.To be brutally honest , the 2-1 result and the outcome of the series not being guaranteed until halfway through the last day of the last test really flattered the Australian team because make no mistake about it , we were absolutely hammered by the English throughout the entire series with bat , ball , feilding and catching {except Warnie}.

Jez , you make the point that things don't look good after McGrath and Warne and you are dead right and that is something they are seriously going to have to look at.

I hear talk from alot of our players that they are looking forward to playing the English over here????? Well let me tell them, that side would not beat England in a Test series in Australia or any other country in the World. That side is young and a class above them and unless some changes are made to prepare for that series now , the result will be the same.

We are still ranked the #1 Test nation but i know along with a large majority of other Australians that we are not.England is without a doubt #1 and i can see that side staying there for quite some time.

Make no mistake , the torch has been passed to the English and they are going to make a mess of alot of other teams. :drink:

Ian ,Jez ,Tim & Pete , had a great time with this !!! Hat's off to you all :drink:

Well,Well.Well.Who won the bloody Ashes then ?? I'm tempted to let rip but the Aussies helped make it a great series.So just a few ::: :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

Don't hold back mate, let fly.Hit us with your best shot :lol: .

Just one question for you Ian , Why do you English pay so much to go and see the Cricket, yet cheer and clap so loudly when it rains or play is stopped because of bad light?????.

I thought you paid to go to the Cricket to watch it ????????????? :lol:;):drink:

What are we to do now ?? But Dave,I love your humility and the underlying fact that you knew you were going to lose !!!! <_<  <_<  <_<

Don't worry , this thread is not finished yet. I have praised your guy's for a great performance but i'm about to unleash on our's :soapbox: Stay tuned , i'm waiting until they all get back and have their say first. :angry: .

I already don't like what i have heard from some of them :lame::lame::lame: and it ain't gonna cut it with me <_< .

Anyway , i hope you are celebrating long and hard and sink a few cold ones for me :drink:

Dave - Will be interesting to hear the views of everyone over there, as obviously we don't get to hear in ol' Blighty. :drink:

Well mate , the rumblings have started with Dennis Lillee calling for Ponting to be sacked as captain and replaced with Warne.

He also said "If we are to get this team back on the rails , the plan has to go way deeper than making a few cosmetic changes to the team.We were ambushed by England because way too many people right across the board were living in a comfort zone.

Cricket Australia executives , the coach , the manager , the selectors , the captain and the support staff must all be held accountable for this disaster".

One other thing he said which would make England supporters smile even more , is that "English bowlers Harmisson , Flintoff , Jones and Hoggard would perform even better on harder Australian wickets". :yikes: , that's something for us Aussies to look forward to :lol:

I will keep you informed with any news :drink:

Martyn , Gillespie and Kasprowicz have been dropped from the Test side for this Super Series thing coming up. Hayden and Katich have been given another chance probably because it would look a bit silly having 5 changes to a side that is playing a very classy World team :yikes:

Hayden has been dropped from the one day side. :drink:

WARNIE WAS AT IT AGAIN DURING THE FOURTH TEST :rofl2: .

What is it with these English women???????? All they want to do is get Warnie in the cot and then run to the newspapers to get their picture all over the front page saying "We shagged all night long".

The parents of these "SO CALLED WOMEN" must be really proud of their daughters achievements in getting the family name known world wide due to their daughter being known as the town bike :lol:

P.S....Loved that email Jez , i think you should send it to Ian & Tim.Even us Aussies are having a good laugh at it :lol::drink:

• 2 weeks later...

And Warnie is trying to make it up with the missus?

Yeh right. What fantasy world does he live in? He's got buckley's unless he can keep it in his pants.

btw the recent ashes was some of the best cricket for some time, and even though I'm choking on my works.....we'll done England.

Mace

And Warnie is trying to make it up with the missus?

Yeh right. What fantasy world does he live in?  He's got buckley's unless he can keep it in his pants.

btw the recent ashes was some of the best cricket for some time, and even though I'm choking on my works.....we'll done England.

Mace

Well done Mace.Good comments,especially the well done England!!! <_<

Dave - Aussie bashing time again (nice to say that for a change!!!!). The World XI and Flintoff are going to tear into them next week. Should be an interesting little series. What's the general opinion over there - looking forward to, or the big dread & a loss of interest???

Dave -  Aussie bashing time again (nice to say that for a change!!!!). The World XI and Flintoff are going to tear into them next week. Should be an interesting little series. What's the general opinion over there - looking forward to, or the big dread & a loss of interest???

To be honest mate , there has not been too much interest as of late because we have just had our Aussie Rules Final and today is the NRL {National Rugby Leauge} Final.

The only people they have spoken to since they arrived are Freddy{The Aussies will like him, he is very down to Earth sort of guy},Pietersen , {the Aussies will like him too because he told the media here to get off Warnie's back} and Lara.

The first game is on Wednesday so when the NRL final is over today , the interest will swing over to the Cricket.

I think alot of Aussies know they are no longer the best so that has taken alot of interest away from it and most of the Aussie players are still trying to defend Ponting's captaincy and their poor showing on the Ashes tour.

Will be interesting to see though what happens :drink:

Ticket sales are very poor and they are starting to get worried it is going to be a fizzer.

I think you will see more supporters for the World Team as the interest in this just does not seem to be there. :drink:

Ticket sales are very poor and they are starting to get worried it is going to be a fizzer.

I think you will see more supporters for the World Team as the interest in this just does not seem to be there. :drink:

I really hope this tournament dies a quick death. It's an exibition series and I expect there to be some good entertaining cricket but the passion that defines top level sport will not be there.

I'm actually looking forward to the one dayers but this 6 day test match? No thanks.

Can this be true ??? The Aussies playing quite well !!! :P

Yeah , when it is a crap series that no one here gives a flying f :censored: k about .

This world team and whole concept has been given the biggest spray i've ever seen in cricket from our press.

The first question they asked Pollock in the press confrence after the second one dayer was "Are you guy's fair dinkum'.

Lara and Akhtar are walking around thinking they are god's gift to women and cricket when clearly, they are both in my opinion past their use-by date. :soapbox: .

Can this be true ??? The Aussies playing quite well !!! :P

Yeah , when it is a crap series that no one here gives a flying f :censored: k about .

This world team and whole concept has been given the biggest spray i've ever seen in cricket from our press.

The first question they asked Pollock in the press confrence after the second one dayer was "Are you guy's fair dinkum'.

Lara and Akhtar are walking around thinking they are god's gift to women and cricket when clearly, they are both in my opinion past their use-by date. :soapbox: .

Add Inzamam to that list aswell.He does not even seem interested when he is playing for Pakistan so how interested is he going to be playing for this side?????

His attitude would be :gives:

Dave - Have to totally agree with you. The lack of interest shown by alot of the World players is pretty bad if truth be told, especially the batsmen. Not being bias but the English boys have played ok, especially in the Test aswell as the Mighty Muralitheran who is always a good role model for the game & marks also to Daniel Vettori. The rest should take a leaf out of their books. Fair play to the Aussies - they have played pretty well overall, but looked decidedly dodgy again yesterday when Flintoff and Murili got going. I was really looking forward to the whole of this series, but to be honest it has been pretty much a damp squib.

I just got the 3 DVD Ashes test box set yesterday, so have over 8hrs of Aussie bashing to re live all over again for all the rest of my born days. Now that is what cricket is all about, 2 teams that actually want to play. Dave - Will you be obtaining this said masterpiece of DVD technology?????

:drink::drink:

Dave - Have to totally agree with you. The lack of interest shown by alot of the World players is pretty bad if truth be told, especially the batsmen. Not being bias but the English boys have played ok, especially in the Test aswell as the Mighty Muralitheran who is always a good role model for the game & marks also to Daniel Vettori. The rest should take a leaf out of their books. Fair play to the Aussies - they have played pretty well overall, but looked decidedly dodgy again yesterday when Flintoff and Murili got going. I was really looking forward to the whole of this series, but to be honest it has been pretty much a damp squib.

I just got the 3 DVD Ashes test box set yesterday, so have over 8hrs of Aussie bashing to re live all over again for all the rest of my born days. Now that is what cricket is all about, 2 teams that actually want to play. Dave - Will you be obtaining this said masterpiece of DVD technology?????

:drink:  :drink:

<_< Mate , watching it the first time was bad enough , i think i will give it a miss :lol::drink:

Okay lads , do we all have shares in the company that makes those "Lollies" :lol:;)