AI generated music… is this where we’re heading?

On 6/23/2024 at 12:36 PM, Darkstone said:

This is an example of what you can do.

You choose the style, main instruments, etc.

You then have a choice of using your own lyrics (out of my league) or typing in key words and a rough description of what you want the lyrics to incorporate. 

A mate of mine named Tony drives a white Ford Raptor ute. That's basically a luxury car down here.

I incorporated that info into a Hard Rock song and it spat this out.

I DID FUCK ALL! and it creates this killer.

Even the artwork is spot on.

https://suno.com/song/8711e34c-84a6-41af-aec7-ad1fc390272e

Bloody hell, that's close to the coolest music track I've heard it spit out yet. It can be hit and miss, even with identical prompts, but man I'd be stoked if it spit out some riffage like this for some of my cuts. I think I need to simplify my prompts, lol. I might be getting too detailed and complicating it too much. Very cool. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Bloody hell, that's close to the coolest music track I've heard it spit out yet. It can be hit and miss, even with identical prompts, but man I'd be stoked if it spit out some riffage like this for some of my cuts. I think I need to simplify my prompts, lol. I might be getting too detailed and complicating it too much. Very cool. 

I've done a few now and they're all coming out Killer like that.

Like you said, keep it simple. 

Keep the details for the lyrical content.

We've been working at the Melbourne Knights soccer ground for the last couple of weeks.

This is the first track I did on Friday. When it spat this out after 6 seconds, I was immediately hooked.

This site blows me away!

https://suno.com/song/893c3e55-574c-4904-8175-24592342a696

• Like 2

Another excellent video by Rick Beato; I’m posting this here because he mentions Suno, and the fact that they’re being sued by the big music publishers.  He also makes some excellent points as to why todays youth don’t seem to value music like we did/do. 

Wow, I was looking for another goofy satirical AI song, and I somehow came across this masterpiece. It's not comedic, it's actually pretty good, and is probably the most realistic AI glam metal song I've ever heard. It took me a few to realize it was even AI!

• 2023 Gold Donors

This is my first "biographical" attempt. 

It's not the most imaginative title, just for context my name is Dustin A.K.A. "Dusty" and as my profile states, I'm from Macedon. 

As with the other tracks, I did fuck all.

Some key words for the lyrics and choice of style with an emphasis on certain instruments, that's it.

I'm pretty happy with it.

https://suno.com/song/43d08617-3308-44fe-957e-38cd60181796

10 hours ago, GarrisonDreams said:

Wow, I was looking for another goofy satirical AI song, and I somehow came across this masterpiece. It's not comedic, it's actually pretty good, and is probably the most realistic AI glam metal song I've ever heard. It took me a few to realize it was even AI!

That's a very, very customised AI generated song, I'd dare say. No way someone's thrown in a couple of keyword prompts and had that spat out at them. 

8 minutes ago, Geoff said:

That's a very, very customised AI generated song, I'd dare say. No way someone's thrown in a couple of keyword prompts and had that spat out at them. 

I'm guessing that they wrote the song (or at least the lyrics) themself, then had the AI sing it.

On 6/25/2024 at 1:02 PM, Geoff said:

Haha, nice. Are they your own lyrics? 

I legit had my/(our's - Suno and I, lol) creations in my head all weekend. Had a long weekend hiking in the mountains and filled my car playlist with the best songs we've generated so far, and they were in my head all weekend. Have a big handful of ones now that I play regularly. So addictive. 

And I have literally about 100-200+ more sets of lyrics I've written in the past, all neatly filed for me to go through one by one. 

I don't know if paid subscription addresses this, but 100% my biggest "gripe" with it is that when it spits out something near-perfect, but there's just a few things you want to adjust, you can't, without generating an entirely new/different song. I wish there was a way you could keep a version you love, but amend a lyric, or add a chorus or just minor little tweaks to an already completed project. That'd be my one request, otherwise I love it. 

yes agreed. that irks me too. There's a great online document which has literally every prompt you can use. Also has some ready made ones for dance music if that's your thing.

Using the Ready made ones does dramatically improve the output so I might play with these for rock music and see what happens 

impressive that you've written so many lyrics. I'm working on a dance track at mo but it's difficult. Makes you realise how talented these songwriters are 😉

• My Little Pony
On 6/25/2024 at 6:37 PM, whiplash1972 said:

Another excellent video by Rick Beato; I’m posting this here because he mentions Suno, and the fact that they’re being sued by the big music publishers.  He also makes some excellent points as to why todays youth don’t seem to value music like we did/do. 

Great video. Most of his points are things I've spent a lot of time thinking about over the past few years. It's why I started pulling my albums off the shelf and listening to the physical, instead of simply streaming it online. I miss the level of consumption that can only be had with liner notes in hand as you listen along. 

• Like 1