Who can identify this song?

Kristian

1 hour ago, Kristian said:

It's not sung in Danish, from what I can tell, the lyrics sound like: "but do you know how to love without blowing my head off, dead dead dead, baby", then the guitar solo starts.

Have you tried using Shazam?

9 hours ago, auslander said:

Have you tried using Shazam?

No idea what that was, but I googled it, neat little tool, except I got this message when trying:

Couldn’t quite catch that

Couldn’t find your song right now.

So, I'm putting my faith in you guys, rather than some stupid bot-thingy.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kristian said:

It's not sung in Danish, from what I can tell, the lyrics sound like: "but do you know how to love without blowing my head off, dead dead dead, baby", then the guitar solo starts.

I did a Discogs search, with title. Came up with Demark.

I have no idea for sure, but my initial thought was just that it was a song recorded for use in the show alone? I don’t know how big or capable the show was of doing this, but it just came to mind as my kids watch these kids shows and several times there’s songs featured, created I assume by the writers, for the show. I wonder if this is the case here? I don’t know otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

I have no idea for sure, but my initial thought was just that it was a song recorded for use in the show alone? I don’t know how big or capable the show was of doing this, but it just came to mind as my kids watch these kids shows and several times there’s songs featured, created I assume by the writers, for the show. I wonder if this is the case here? I don’t know otherwise. 

That would be my guess as well. Looking at the soundtrack all the songs featured on that are specifically created for the film. They may not have wanted to pay to licence an actual song, and may have recorded just that snippet of song rather than a whole song.

You might be right, not sure though, I mean the snippet sounds legit, and (if so) they have bothered to record both vocals and an entire guitar solo, I have a hunch that it could be a whole song, guess we'll never know :(

It's not a show, but a movie, which premiered in cinemas back in 1992.

Edited by Kristian

• 2023 Gold Donors
10 hours ago, Kristian said:

You might be right, not sure though, I mean the snippet sounds legit, and (if so) they have bothered to record both vocals and an entire guitar solo, I have a hunch that it could be a whole song, guess we'll never know :(

It's not a show, but a movie, which premiered in cinemas back in 1992.

I agree with you, I think it's a legit song. 

Even though it's not on the soundtrack, it could still be mentioned in the movie's end credits.

Could be worth a look.

I remember an epic scene from the movie "Don't tell Mom the babysitter's dead" that included the intro to Valentine's "Runnin' On Luck Again" and that wasn't on the soundtrack.

Edited by Darkstone

10 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I agree with you, I think it's a legit song. 

Even though it's not on the soundtrack, it could still be mentioned in the movie's end credits.

Could be worth a look.

I remember an epic scene from the movie "Don't tell Mom the babysitter's dead" that included the intro to Valentine's "Runnin' On Luck Again" and that wasn't on the soundtrack.

I don't think it would be in the end credits because if it was it would be included on the IMDB page for the movie, and it isn't.

edit:just watched the credits on  YouTube and no songs at all are listed in them

Edited by Captain Howdy
extra info
  • Like 1