You mean these songs...

New album 'IV' out October 13th.

Sounds good.

TRACKLIST

1. My Old School Metal Heart
2. Kill A Motherfucker That Breaks Your Heart
3. Growing All My Hair Out
4. If We’re On Fire (Let It Burn)
5. PTSD (Post Touring Singer’s Depression)
6. Jackie and Tina
7. The Devil Made The World While God Was Sleeping
8. Time To Let It Go
9. She Sheila
10. Curtains

Edited by Stefan

Hope Butch and band could change their mind and release it on CD, as it's on vinyl at the moment.

Or might have drag out my old gramophone to listen to it.

20 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Nice to see Southgang footage in that second video. Thats the first time I have seen Butch actually acknowledge that era of his career.

Yeah, I hadn't really ever seen it mentioned much, but he doesn't shy away from the fact they existed in this interview I saw recently. Nothing juicy in it, but at least he doesn't seem embarrassed to acknowledge them;

Funny thing about that Southgang footage is you'd swear they were a three piece band if you were unfamiliar with them. Appreciate Jesse Harte isn't part of the continued story, but he's definitely been sliced out of that old footage. 

Anyway, as for new M3, holy shit! Where on earth did that come from?? Had no idea this was even be a consideration again. Neither song has the immediate impact of their older works, but I'm sure this will be a good album and I don't really care if it's perfect or not - just can't wait to hear them back together again. Can't believe how soon the release date is too. Very excited. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts on the new album?

I think 5 songs sound like Butch solo songs and 4 M3, with one cover song thrown in. Butch should have been able to write enough songs for a 12 or so song album.

Was hoping for more on the first M3 album in a long time but I will probably end up liking it more with time. 

On 10/3/2023 at 4:04 AM, Geoff said:

Yeah, I hadn't really ever seen it mentioned much, but he doesn't shy away from the fact they existed in this interview I saw recently. Nothing juicy in it, but at least he doesn't seem embarrassed to acknowledge them;

Funny thing about that Southgang footage is you'd swear they were a three piece band if you were unfamiliar with them. Appreciate Jesse Harte isn't part of the continued story, but he's definitely been sliced out of that old footage. 

Anyway, as for new M3, holy shit! Where on earth did that come from?? Had no idea this was even be a consideration again. Neither song has the immediate impact of their older works, but I'm sure this will be a good album and I don't really care if it's perfect or not - just can't wait to hear them back together again. Can't believe how soon the release date is too. Very excited. 

I think when Jesse left to try and fill Jani's spot in Warrant in the early 90's, it really sat spur with the other 3 guys. Here's one of the Demos if you've never heard it

51 minutes ago, T-BONE said:

I think when Jesse left to try and fill Jani's spot in Warrant in the early 90's, it really sat spur with the other 3 guys. Here's one of the Demos if you've never heard it

Yeah, always loved that song. So did him leaving Southgang actually end the band? Were the other three hoping to continue as Southgang at the time? I'd never put that Jesse Harte / Warrant story together and I assumed 'Girl' was just a random one-off like I assumed most the other songs on that 'Demos for Diehards' album were. 

On 10/17/2023 at 5:00 AM, Captain Howdy said:

So it's digital only I take it. Cannot find anywhere selling anthing physical and all the links on his webpage take you to digital sites. If its only digital, fuck that.

I got an email and they are printing vinyl and cds. 

• Like 1

Wow, has my head done some spinning today. When I heard 'She Shiela' I was all like, what are they doing re-recording a Storyteller song? I then finally recalled that it was actually 'She Sherea' that they recorded, and that it was actually Nelson, who I'd heard perform this song on their 'Life' album. Either way, at the time I assumed it was their original song. Had no idea this awesome original version existed;

Anyway, suits M3 well too, and it's one of my preferred songs on the album. 

Regarding the album, I like it but have similar thoughts to the new Boys Like Girls album. The last M3 album had absolute killer songs as far as the eye could see. This is a nice album, and a nice surprise too. But it is undoubtedly M3 mixed with Butch's solo style, and one might even suggest it's more of the latter. But it's a solid album.

My picks are 'If We're On Fire (Let It Burn),' 'PTSD (Post Touring Singer's Depression),' 'She Sheila' and the best tune on this and the Boys Like Girls album combined; 'Kill A Motherfucker That Breaks Your Heart.' Really awesome song... just wish there were a few more like it. But it's a nice album and I'm very happy to hear it happen and I hope there are more. 

Edited by Geoff
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

Wow, has my head done some spinning today. When I heard 'She Shiela' I was all like, what are they doing re-recording a Storyteller song? I then finally recalled that it was actually 'She Sherea' that they recorded, and that it was actually Nelson, who I'd heard perform this song on their 'Life' album. Either way, at the time I assumed it was their original song. Had no idea this awesome original version existed;

Anyway, suits M3 well too, and it's one of my preferred songs on the album. 

Regarding the album, I like it but have similar thoughts to the new Boys and Girls album. The last M3 album had absolute killer songs as far as the eye could see. This is a nice album, and a nice surprise too. But it is undoubtedly M3 mixed with Butch's solo style, and one might even suggest it's more of the latter. But it's a solid album.

My picks are 'If We're On Fire (Let It Burn),' 'PTSD (Post Touring Singer's Depression),' 'She Sheila' and the best tune on this and the Boys Like Girls album combined; 'Kill A Motherfucker That Breaks Your Heart.' Really awesome song... just wish there were a few more like it. But it's a nice album and I'm very happy to hear it happen and I hope there are more. 

Wow, nice find! First time for me as well and it's actually one of the best songs I have heard this year lol. 

5 hours ago, Ponen said:

Wow, nice find! First time for me as well and it's actually one of the best songs I have heard this year lol. 

I want to check out the Producers now, as I actually like the original song best of all of them.