Bruce Dickinson - The Mandrake Project (New release coming 2024)

whiplash1972

*** PRESS RELEASE ***

Renowned around the world as one of the greatest and most distinctive heavy metal vocalists of all time, Bruce Dickinson will be releasing a brand-new solo album in early 2024 on BMG Records. Entitled “The Mandrake Project”, it sees him reunited with long-time musical collaborator and producer Roy Z.

The Mandrake Project will be Dickinson’s seventh solo album and his first since Tyranny Of Souls in 2005.

Dickinson explains, “This album has been a very personal journey for me and I am extremely proud of it. Roy Z and I have been planning, writing and recording it for years, and I am very excited for people to finally hear it. I’m even more excited at the prospect of getting out on the road with this amazing band that we have put together, to be able to bring it to life. We’re planning to play as many shows as we can in as many places as possible, for as many people as we can!
As for what The Mandrake Project actually is… all will be revealed soon!”

www.themandrakeproject.com

The first live shows to be announced are in Mexico and Brazil in April and May 2024, with further touring plans to be revealed in due course.

Bruce Dickinson - The Mandrake Project Tour
18th April - Diana Theater, Guadalajara, Mexico
20th April – Pepsi Theatre, Mexico City, Mexico
24th April – Live Curitiba, Curitiba, Brazil
25th April – Pepsi On Stage, Porto Alegre, Brazil
27th April – Opera Hall, Brasilia, Brazil
28th April – Arena Hall, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
30th April – Qualistage, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
2nd May – Quinta Linda, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
4th May – Vibra, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Tickets will be available from https://brucedickinson.lnk.to/tourPR

IMG_5449.jpeg

I used to be a massive Maiden fan and used to pick up all of Bruces solo output, but after he returned to the band over 20 years ago I have had little or not interest in them as their output has been pretty bland and repetitive. As for Bruces solo stuff, it was very hit or miss. Tattooed Millionaire was a cool commercial rock album, Balls was a bit more out there but had a few songs on it liked, Freak was awesome but everything else was "meh".

I will probably do the same with this as I do with Maiden these days, wait til the price drops before picking it up.

It's about friggin time!

Bruce's last three solo albums (Accident of Birth, Chemical Wedding, and Tyranny of Souls) are better than any of the albums Maiden has done since he re-joined. Yup. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

New single/video "Rain on the Graves"

Might just be my old ears, but the vocals seem buried in the mix, especially on the first song.

They do sound good, but just wish I could actually hear what he is singing.

Oh and the videos themselves are awful. Bruce has many talents, acting is not one of them.

• 1 month later...

Been listening to this one on and off over the last few days; nothing really blowing me away, but I’m enjoying it a lot more than the last few Iron Maiden releases. 

I am enjoying the short vids that Bruce is posting about the making of the album; I knew the album had been worked on for years, but had no idea that the majority of the tracks have been done for 14 years! 😳

VERY interesting how they achieved that sound at the beginning of “Eternity Has Failed” 😎