Tigertailz Announce New Singer

whiplash1972

Hey Maniacz!

When Metal Collides…

Tigertailz welcome phenomenal hard-hitting
Power Quest / Dendera front man

Ashley Edison as their new vocalist.

ca369b57-e5fe-e10b-c75b-de96f3c62dc4.jpg

It’s said certain metals cannot be mixed, they cause corrosion. Surely this is true when trying to meld together a power metal vocalist and the UK’s most prolific Glam Metal band?

Jay Pepper: ‘Some things should never happen, and yet when Ashley came to the studio and began singing ‘Sick Sex’, the mountains in Wales started to rumble, an earthquake was happening, and his voice was causing it! From that moment I knew people had to hear it. Ashley singing Tigertailz songs is like a jet engine running on Nitroglycerin!’

Ashley Edison: ‘I am SO excited to be joining the legends in Tigertailz! A band that not only inspired so many but still put on a hell of a show! When I was with Jay singing Sick Sex, everything just felt right and fell into place perfectly! The guys have been so incredible to work with and I can’t wait to get going on some exciting future projects together!’

Today we release Bezerk’s ‘Sick Sex’, reworked and accompanied by a powerful video depicting stereotyping of women and the dark world of S&M.

On 12/20/2022 at 8:44 AM, Geoff said:

Yeah, he’s pretty terrible but definitely fits the style Kim Hooker showcased on the original version. 

Wash your ears out. He isn't even close. :P

Listening to the stripped down "new" version, in my opinion it just sounds like the original, but 40 years, a few thousand miles and a couple hundred pounds later. Old men trying to do what they once did effortlessly, but now having to really work at it.

Sure it doesn't touch the original and its 48 track over saturated epicness.

What does Kim sound like these days?

12 hours ago, martinsane said:

Listening to the stripped down "new" version, in my opinion it just sounds like the original, but 40 years, a few thousand miles and a couple hundred pounds later. Old men trying to do what they once did effortlessly, but now having to really work at it.

Probably like this guy. ;)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, martinsane said:

On 12/30/2022 at 9:31 AM, Geoff said:

Didn't know about this. Can't say it's doing a lot for me, though. 

It was actually a reunion of sorts with 3/4 of the Wazbones line up of Tigertailz, with only Pepsi Tate missing, obviously.

Unsurprisingly it's very much in the same style as Wazbones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doggy said:

I cannot confirm but Steevi, original singer, passed away recent of a massive stroke he had before or after Christmas.

The few news bits I can find all say he's currently resting at home...

Original TIGERTAILZ Frontman STEEVI JAIMZ Suffers 'Massive Stroke' - BLABBERMOUTH.NET

From Blabbermouth (via Metal Sludge TV)

Original TIGERTAILZ Frontman STEEVI JAIMZ Suffers 'Massive Stroke'

January 5, 2023

According to Metal Sludge, original TIGERTAILZ frontman Steevi Jaimz suffered a "massive stroke" at the end of last month.

The 60-year-old Jaimz, who was born Steven Denham, suffered the stroke two days before Christmas, on December 23, 2022, at 4:30 a.m. He was rushed to an area hospital where he was admitted for several days. Jaimz is now said to be at home resting and on prescribed medications with strict doctor's orders to stay home and try to get healthy.

Jaimz told Metal Sludge: "I am gonna beat this… and word has it diabetes was the root of it all!" He added that he was home on "heavy meds" and recuperating as best he can considering the serious circumstances.

Last October, Jaimz performed TIGERTAILZ's seminal debut album "Young And Crazy",in full at a one-off London show at the 229 Club.

The LP, which includes the anthems "Livin' Without You" and "Shoot To Kill", was responsible for bringing the British glam-punks to global attention.

Jaimz was joined at the concert by drummer Robin Guy (SHAM 69, RACHEL STAMP, BRUCE DICKINSON),bassist Rob Lane (BULLETBOYS, JETBOY, RYAN ROXIE) and guitarist Kai (ESPRIT D'AIR).

Since leaving TIGERTAILZ, Jaimz has toured across Europe, rocked festivals and released the albums "Damned If I Do… Damned If I Don't", "My Private Hell" and "Time Machine". This London concert marked his first return to the stage in over 10 years.

• Thanks 1

He posted on his personal FB page so yeah, defo at home resting.

· Just to let you all know... I had a medical emergency here on the 23rd December. I've suffered a massive stroke... A lovely Xmas present eh!?!?!
I am now recuperating, feeling rough as fukk...
But like Arnie... I WILL BE BACK!!
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...

You Can’t Stop the Rock 

17 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

You Can’t Stop the Rock 

I was gonna post this yesterday, but didn't really think there was much interest in them here.

I really did not like the new version of sick sex that they did as really did not think his vocals worked with that track, but this is much better.