Disturbed and Nickelback

nyoilers

• 2023 Gold Donors

Both these bands started out around the same time which is a little over 25 years.This past Friday both bands releases new material.Disturbed-Divisive and Nickelback-Get Rollin".

Is anyone getting both, one or none of the above. I personally am getting both.

Have never listened to Disturbed but have been checking out Nickelback as discussed in their thread.  I suspect it'll probably be a polarizing album which is usually the case with Nickelback.  I feel like they're a little like Def Leppard in terms of the wide range of opinions you often get on their stuff.  If somebody wants a balls out, rocking album....This won't be it.  But I'm liking it for a change of pace and something different than my normal listening.

• Like 1

Musically and production wise, Disturbed sound great. Something these two bands have in common. 

Sadly, in Disturbed’s case I’m yet to hear a song from them, on any album, that I really like. 

Nickelback are always a pretty safe bet, though. 

Edited by Geoff

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 11/21/2022 at 7:45 PM, Geoff said:

Musically and production wise, Disturbed sound great. Something these two bands have in common. 

Sadly, in Disturbed’s case I’m yet to hear a song from them, on any album, that I really like. 

I like most of Disturbed's songs.

If I had to pick just one I'd probably go with Stricken

I hate saying that bands suck. Especially bands that have honed their craft and achieved massive success over the course of decades like these two have. It's just factually inaccurate to say that they aren't talented musicians.

That said, I've always hated both of these bands. The most infuriating part is that I can't even really tell you why. Between the perception of being as edgy as possible when they came out (Disturbed and the nu-metal scene in general), the generic, watered down production of 2000s alt rock (Nickelback), the subject matter being presented (there's a section in Disturbed's "Down with the Sickness" where David Draiman begs his father to stop beating him up, which should be sad and heartbreaking, but the way it's presented just comes off as comical), etc. have always made me cringe whenever these two bands in particular are mentioned.

Some bands from the same period can get away with the above offenses, so even I don't really understand my disdain for these guys, so I'm fully aware that I'm a musical hypocrite. Be that as it may, however, I can't stand either band and I'm afraid I never will, even though I will admit that they do, objectively, write some good songs.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
17 hours ago, Kristian said:

Ten Thousand Fists and Indestructible are two really great albums imo, way better and more consistent than any Nickelback album, who usually only have about a handful of enjoyable songs on them.

I was lucky to see Disturbed when they toured after the Ten Thousand Fists CD was released.

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2022 at 12:45 AM, Geoff said:

Two songs I like by Disturbed. Their cover of Land of Confusion and The Glass Shatters (Stone Cold Steve Austins entrance music).