Best of Geoff's Main site reviews

auslander

57 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Pyn Siren, do you still spin that disc every now and then?

I remember liking it when it came out, but I don't think I've listened to it since then, can't recall any songs from it.

Haha, yeah, I'm exactly the same. I'm actually really surprised I gave it that much praise, even back then. Entirely solid disc, but sadly not one I've spun for a while. I did actually spin a few songs from it not too long ago and was impressed with how they held up. But haven't spun the full thing for a while...

Review seems a bit heavy handed today, but I'd need to give it a spin again to confirm if it is or not. 

• 1 month later...

This one is not hard to guess, but still funny, again with the balls :lol:

'Resurrection time' is killer!!! A riff with balls so large they'd not fit through the door. Absolutely killer and some of Johns best work ever! Oh, just before I go... the rest of the album is a stinking pile of shit, IMO. This is where it all started to go downhill for the very talented Mr Norum... but 'Resurrection time' is still a killer track! Amazing solo too...
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Kristian said:

This one is not hard to guess, but still funny, again with the balls :lol:

'Resurrection time' is killer!!! A riff with balls so large they'd not fit through the door. Absolutely killer and some of Johns best work ever! Oh, just before I go... the rest of the album is a stinking pile of shit, IMO. This is where it all started to go downhill for the very talented Mr Norum... but 'Resurrection time' is still a killer track! Amazing solo too...

lol. Still feel exactly the same about this song and album 20 years later. ;)

• 1 month later...

FFFFFUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!! I had this CD about a year ago and fetched usd$10 on ebay for it. At the time I knew nothing about it, not I see it's worth $77 and I'm thinking of murder! FUCK! What happened... what went so wrong... I honestly want to cry. FUCK!!! BTW, decent hard rock album. Not bad at all. I only sold it because I thought it'd fetch a bit. FUCK!

Re: Reward - Break Out

On 12/23/2023 at 5:10 AM, Geoff said:

Haha, yeah, I'm exactly the same. I'm actually really surprised I gave it that much praise, even back then. Entirely solid disc, but sadly not one I've spun for a while. I did actually spin a few songs from it not too long ago and was impressed with how they held up. But haven't spun the full thing for a while...

Review seems a bit heavy handed today, but I'd need to give it a spin again to confirm if it is or not. 

Ya it's a decent CD, not groundbreaking or anything but decent disk.

On 3/22/2024 at 11:32 PM, auslander said:

FFFFFUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!! I had this CD about a year ago and fetched usd$10 on ebay for it. At the time I knew nothing about it, not I see it's worth $77 and I'm thinking of murder! FUCK! What happened... what went so wrong... I honestly want to cry. FUCK!!! BTW, decent hard rock album. Not bad at all. I only sold it because I thought it'd fetch a bit. FUCK!

Re: Reward - Break Out

lol. Guess I should have set a Buy It Now price? Bit of a steal, whoever got it for usd$10. I think I paid au$2 for that one at Millenium Records in Merrylands. I think... Not 100% sure.   

• Like 1