ABBA - Voyage (2021)

heavyharmonies

I know it's not everyone's thing, but ABBA is one of my not-so-guilty pleasures. I've listened to them my entire life. With their first album in 40 years dropping in 2 days, I figured it was deserving of a thread of its own.

The second video, which goes into the CGI work for the upcoming 2022 concert film/event/experience is pretty incredible.

• My Little Pony

I've never been big into these guys. Their music always felt impossibly happy. But I'll def be giving the new album a spin. Feels like a historic moment. 

30 minutes ago, Jez said:

Just great Pop music...Timeless

Totally agree Jez, it doesn't have to be your cup of tea,they are what they are...a classic band...who love em or hate em...but everyone knows who they are, and we've all sung along at some point lol

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

Yeah, love ABBA.

Most Aussies do. We absolutely embraced them in the Seventies and they make up a lot of my earliest musical memories. 

When they were in Melbourne in '77, they stayed at the Old Melbourne hotel. My Uncle was working there at the time and he got myself and my cousin autographed singles of "Knowing Me, Knowing You".

He also let my Mum know when they were leaving. I'll never forget being in the hotel reception, just my Mum, my Aunt and myself. We were the only ones there when they came down to get in their limo. They stopped, we got more autographs and I, being 4 years old, actually got a kiss on the cheek from Agnetha! 

I'm very proud of that claim to fame.

Forget earliest musical memories, the "Mamma Mia" video was mesmerizing at that age for other reasons.

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2021 at 7:11 PM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

This was actually an enjoyable listen. Perhaps I should give the back catalogue a chance. 

what do you mean, give the back catalogue a chance??

Surely everyone alive must have heard the top 20 Abba songs at some point in their life? 

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Glen said:

what do you mean, give the back catalogue a chance??

Surely everyone alive must have heard the top 20 Abba songs at some point in their life? 

Surely, by now, you must know just how adept I am at tuning out the world. "Mamma Mia," "Money Money Money," and "Dancing Queen" are probably the only songs I could list. "Money Money Money" I only know because of Tommy ReinXeed's cover. "Mamma Mia" I've heard in its entirety for the first time watching the music video Darkstone posted above. And "Dancing Queen" I know because it's "Dancing Queen," but I've never actually listened to it. 

48 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Surely, by now, you must know just how adept I am at tuning out the world. "Mamma Mia," "Money Money Money," and "Dancing Queen" are probably the only songs I could list. "Money Money Money" I only know because of Tommy ReinXeed's cover. "Mamma Mia" I've heard in its entirety for the first time watching the music video Darkstone posted above. And "Dancing Queen" I know because it's "Dancing Queen," but I've never actually listened to it. 

bhahaha, you must live under a rock 🪨 

• My Little Pony
22 minutes ago, Glen said:

bhahaha, you must live under a rock 🪨 

This has been said about me on numerous occasions. I'm truly in my own world. 

3 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

This has been said about me on numerous occasions. I'm truly in my own world. 

you must be to somehow have not heard some of the most played tracks in history of pop music. lol 

• My Little Pony
39 minutes ago, Glen said:

you must be to somehow have not heard some of the most played tracks in history of pop music. lol 

Well, nobody in my family likes ABBA, apart from my sister only recently, and radio where I'm from is even more shit than it already is, generally, everywhere. 

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Guys, give Karpetface a break. You forget, he's only 14 years old, so he's never even heard of ABBA, let alone actually heard their music.

:lol:

I just can't wait to go through puberty!