New Treat album coming soon

AlphaMale

7 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

This is a good solid typical Treat album but the lyrics and quality of the songs themselves are just not quite to the level of their recent output. Nobody expects another Coup De Grace from them, but somewhere between GoG and CDG would be perfect. The last 2 discs have just not been to the level IMO. Still good solid stuff but not as memorable. 

I rated Tunguska 76% and this album 79% so I still like it and think it's good stuff.

I've only spun once and would need to play the others back to back but I felt this was closer to Coup personally.

I've never rated Coup as the masterpiece some others have, I think I gave it a 85%. 

10 hours ago, Glen said:

I've only spun once and would need to play the others back to back but I felt this was closer to Coup personally.

I've never rated Coup as the masterpiece some others have, I think I gave it a 85%. 

Coup was easily 90% for me and Ghost scored 87%

On 4/24/2022 at 2:27 AM, Glen said:

I'd tend to agree with this.  Maybe part of it for me is that I mainly started listening to this band when Ghost dropped and I worked back to Coup after the fact.  But I liked Ghost and Tunguska both slightly more than Coup.  All 3 are very close though.  I'd probably have Coup around something like an 85 and Ghost/Tunguska both around 90.  It's really splitting hairs between them though.  

As for the new one, it's still coming in a distant 4th for me.  I really think I'd have it at something like a 75 if I were rating it.  It sounds great musically but the songs just haven't grabbed me.  I gave it 4-5 listens, tossed 2 songs into my playlist (Rabbit Hole and Carolina Reaper) and I've basically moved on from it.

If I had to pick a fav from them it'd be Organized Crime,been a staple of my listening pleasure ever since its release...and much and all as I love the new stuff...for me that vibe of 80's melodic party rock still holds a firm place in my heart, and like Geoff its in my all time top 10/desert island discs.

3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I'd tend to agree with this.  Maybe part of it for me is that I mainly started listening to this band when Ghost dropped and I worked back to Coup after the fact.  But I liked Ghost and Tunguska both slightly more than Coup.  All 3 are very close though.  I'd probably have Coup around something like an 85 and Ghost/Tunguska both around 90.  It's really splitting hairs between them though.  

As for the new one, it's still coming in a distant 4th for me.  I really think I'd have it at something like a 75 if I were rating it.  It sounds great musically but the songs just haven't grabbed me.  I gave it 4-5 listens, tossed 2 songs into my playlist (Rabbit Hole and Carolina Reaper) and I've basically moved on from it.

You and I are on the same page.  For me, Ghost & Tunguska are my favorite Treat albums.  This one is definitely not on their level.

• Like 1