New Treat album coming soon

AlphaMale

1 minute ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Is there another new song, or are we still talking about "Carolina Reaper"?

Yes the chillies and spicy song. 

The one minute samples on itunes are fantastic and leads me to believe this will be better than the last 2(which I quite like)

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
7 minutes ago, The Rocker said:

The one minute samples on itunes are fantastic and leads me to believe this will be better than the last 2(which I quite like)

Excite!

• My Little Pony
16 hours ago, Y&TForever said:

Let’s just have some Always Have, Always Will, Build The Love, Riptide, and Undefeated-like tunes in there…of course with a lot of Coup De Grace in there :)

I recall nearly everyone hating 'Build the Love' when that single dropped. "The song doesn't go anywhere," they whined. 

I'm glad to see someone, apart from me, appreciated it. 

2 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I recall nearly everyone hating 'Build the Love' when that single dropped. "The song doesn't go anywhere," they whined. 

That song grew on me. The album in general is full of very anthemic songs.

I'm seeing a lot of comments in this thread talking about Coup de Grace. I don't think they will ever top that one. To me it's an absolute classic of contemporary melodic rock and will always be one of the first albums I think of when it comes to great releases from 2010 onwards.

(How the hell does it only have an 83 on the main page?)

Edited by Eric3

2 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Ya, I love the song…Riptide is my fav off that disc, though…

• Like 1

23 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Hope so.but Treat have never let me down...not a bad disc in their armoury for me.

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
34 minutes ago, lettard said:

Hope so.but Treat have never let me down...not a bad disc in their armoury for me.

Can we just all agree on this? Instead of bitching about, "Oh, I wish it was more like Coup de Grace," or, "I hope there aren't any songs with weird lyrics like 'Carolina Reaper'"? 

Let's just acknowledge that Treat are doing their thing better than nearly everyone else. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Y&TForever said:

Ya, I love the song…Riptide is my fav off that disc, though…

"Man Overboard" is my favorite off that album but "Riptide" is great, too.  If I really like a song, I rate it as 4 stars in iTunes.  I've got 6 of the tracks rated 4 stars on "Tunguska" - more than any other unexpanded (non-deluxe) album or greatest hits compilation in my entire collection.  "Always Have, Always Will", "Best of Enemies", "Rose of Jericho", "Man Overboard", "Riptide", and "Undefeated".  Fabulous album.

• Like 1

Another I received today...sounding really really good...just like the Treat we have grown used to over the last few releases...only 2 spins in but im enjoying it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lettard said:

Another I received today...sounding really really good...just like the Treat we have grown used to over the last few releases...only 2 spins in but im enjoying it.

Niiiiice.  I got my tracking for this and Black Swan…so should have them by Monday!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Y&TForever said:

Niiiiice.  I got my tracking for this and Black Swan…so should have them by Monday!

Happy days..i got them two and the new First Signal...Treat & Black Swan are very good...FS is ok...few more spins needed to form a more concrete appraisal  :)

Gave this a listen and first impression for me is that it's just okay.  Basically, it feels like the weakest of the last 4 albums to me at least initially.  It does have a great overall sound musically.  But I guess my issue is just the songs themselves.  Just don't find them very engaging or something.  Maybe topics like Freud, Rabbit Holes, Sinbiosis, Hollywood Jesus and hot peppers just don't peak my interest much I guess ;)

Will give it a couple more spins to see how it settles.

Fantastic album

Holy shit, it's already out? Better listen asap. That 'Carolina Reaper' song (yep, that's how far behind I am) is cool, but definitely not something I'd be turning into a lyric video if I was the band, lol. 

• Haha 1

Great album!

As with the previous albums, this is consistent as hell with some fabulous tracks. A couple i'm not completely sold on namely 'Dark To Light' and 'Jesus From Hollywood' (which are both on the old 'side 2') but the rest are fabulous, especially closer 'To The End Of Love' which goes down in my book as one of the best tracks they have ever recorded. All in all a brilliant album and definitely on par with the last 3

• Like 1