Kent Hilli - Vital 4 EP

Stefan

81dcnolf5-l._ss500_.jpg

From Frontiers:

Hot on the heels of the release of his well received debut solo album, "The Rumble", Perfect Plan frontman Kent Hilli has announced the release of a new covers EP, 'Vital 4'. As with his debut, Kent once again teams up with producer Michael Palace to offer his take on songs by Joe Lynn Turner, Michael Bolton, Signal, and Europe. Today, fans can hear his cover of 'Arms Of A Stranger' by Signal with the release of the single and music video. 

The full tracklisting for the EP is:

1. Losing You (Joe Lynn Turner cover)

2. Can't Turn It Off (Michael Bolton cover)

3. Arms Of A Stranger (Signal cover)

4. More Than Meets The Eye (Europe cover)

”I chose these four songs because they are among my top 10 songs of all time and these singers are on my top 10 list of the best Melodic Rock/AOR singers of all time. I have always wanted to cover these songs and I enjoyed every second doing them with my buddy Mike [Palace]…listen to his guitar playing on these songs, wow!" - Kent Hilli

Line-up:

Kent Hilli - Lead vocals and backing vocals

Michael Palace - All instrumentation and backing vocals

facebook

Edited by Stefan

I love Kent Hilli's work and even I'm not excited for this.  I don't much care for covers to begin with let alone after 18 months of COVID-inspired covers.  Definitely don't need yet another covers project.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't love the whole covers idea myself. But jeez they're some nice cuts. Just listened to the 'Arms of a stranger' version and it's awfully delicious.