Guilty Music Pleasures

A thread to 'fess up your hidden pleasures of the pop and rock world... those deep, dark (or, more likely, lightweight) secrets of songs and artists you love... the ones you'd be afraid that any peer on HeavyHarmonies forum night find out about...

It's time to seek absolution, or judgement and ridicule.

You'll feel better about it getting it off your chest... trust me!

I'll start...

I kinda really really like Oasis...

Live Forever is one of my favourite songs. Even hearing it now transports me back to my final year of high school... 

I will never be able to stop loving them  especially the first two albums...

(Ducks)

• 2023 Gold Donors

I think there's another recent thread along these lines.

I can't remember who said it, but there was a comment about the fact that however cheesy or unpopular a band was, if your a fan, then it wouldn't be considered a "Guilty" pleasure. 

I agree with that sentiment. 

There is however one example I have that I would truly consider a guilty pleasure. Even though I love these tracks, I rarely listen to them, for obvious reasons. 

TBH, I sort of feel that way about Michael Jackson as well.

17 hours ago, auslander said:

A thread to 'fess up your hidden pleasures of the pop and rock world... those deep, dark (or, more likely, lightweight) secrets of songs and artists you love... the ones you'd be afraid that any peer on HeavyHarmonies forum night find out about...

It's time to seek absolution, or judgement and ridicule.

You'll feel better about it getting it off your chest... trust me!

This is a fun one. I must admit, hidden pleasures is a lot of music produced by past contestants from American Idol. I know, cheesy, but IMO there are actually some really stuff. Adam Lambert is fantastic, with Queen, I mean come on the guy is amazing. Some other rockers, Bo Bice's debut is good, guy named Caleb Johnson put out a good album, check out the album Constantine Maroulis put out. He's more known on Broadway, but his singing is underrated, David Cook, straight up rocker, & James Durbin, ditto. And then on the pop/country side, Katharine McPhee, her second album, Kellie Pickler, Lauren Alaina and then flat out superstars, Kelly Clarkson and my personal favorite, Carrie Underwood.  Okay rip away..... :) 

• Haha 1

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I already had a thread like this. Didn't like my thread auslander?

Guilty Pleasures - General Music Discussion - Heavy Harmonies Forums (ipbhost.com)

Yeah, I don't wanna be an asshole, but there have been a couple recent threads that are just rehashing old threads. A quick search could've cleared that up. 

But in fairness, nobody likes your threads. 

;}

• Thanks 1

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, All Nights Reserved said:

I basically have a favorite or two in every single musical genre around... ;) I think the most extreme one - regarding to this forum - is psytrance. E.g. these guys. Be warned.  :D

I used to love Psytrance. In my final year of highschool, it was pretty much all I listened to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Yeah, I don't wanna be an asshole, but there have been a couple recent threads that are just rehashing old threads. A quick search could've cleared that up. 

But in fairness, nobody likes your threads. 

;}

Maybe, but also if people don't create new threads all you'll be left with are the stupid "song game" type threads and this will get boring real fast.

• Like 1

Jamiroquai

Fucking loved these guys right from the start..and it was rubber stamped when they released "Return Of The Space Cowboy" when I was in Magaluf for the first time in the mid '90s...brilliant...although "Travelling Without Moving" is still for me their masterpiece...

The tunes on the albums released since then are hit and miss..but the best tunes are Great...I could however do without the digeridoo ones..they fit in on hols in the summer..but back home in the pishing rain they ain't as fun  :)

• Like 1