Melodic Hard Rock Song of the Day

Darkstone

3 hours ago, lettard said:

back around 1999 I spoke to legendary glam scene regular, Kelv Helrazer via email (had never used anything like that before but was working in an office at the time and one of the metal mags at the time printed a list of email addresses of rock stars and journos etc) and I knew he was the guy to go to if you wanted unreleased stuff. He sent me a cassette with Poison - Crack a smile on one side and a bunch of PBF demos on the other. So this song was already familiar to me by the time they started releasing all those demos through Perris. This song always stood out to me as one of the best from those sessions.

I am sure most of the songs that appeared on those three albums were as old as the songs on the debut as most of them were almost certainly written by Ariel Styles.

Even the Public Enemies album released in 2017 was mostly re-recorded Styles songs from these demo sessions, with the only exceptions being the cover songs.

Kristy Krash Majors only contribution to these classics was the title track of the debut, but even that was barely written by him.

I was talking to Rob Wylde a few months ago about PBF and he said that barely anyone in the industry has a good word to say about Majors.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
13 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I don't like the HOL version. Slamers version is superior (and he did co-write it anyway)

Yeah, there's several tracks from those two Steelhouse Lane albums written by him that have been recorded previously by other artists.

• 2023 Gold Donors
22 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Funny thing is I had never heard of them back in the day, but bought the CD off Dan over a decade ago.

I had this track on a compilation cassette back in the day along with Hurricane's "Next to You".

I can't remember the name of the compilation. 

It wasn't until the good old internet that I was able to hear the rest of the album and see the clip you posted.

35 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

I had this track on a compilation cassette back in the day along with Hurricane's "Next to You".

I can't remember the name of the compilation. 

It wasn't until the good old internet that I was able to hear the rest of the album and see the clip you posted.

Think it might be this:

https://www.discogs.com/release/14338936-Various-Scream-Until-You-Like-It

Funny thing is I used to own this CD https://www.discogs.com/release/9811968-Various-Foundations-Forum-90-CD-Sampler

and that also has a Trouble Tribe song on it, but I dont remember it.

I kinda regret getting rid of it as it obviously wasn't something common in the UK, and while it can still be picked up cheap it's always from the USA/Canada so postage is ridiculously high. (one US seller selling it on Discogs wants $10 for the CD and $50 for postage)

12 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Looking in hearing the new album they are recording at the moment. Especially it would be easier get as going through Frontiers.

2 hours ago, Doggy said:

Looking in hearing the new album they are recording at the moment. Especially it would be easier get as going through Frontiers.

I obviously cant speak for the rest of the world, but their last album was easy to get hold of. I bought it about two years after it came out direct from Amazon UK.

Probably out of print now as no longer on Amazon and prices on Discogs are steep.