AOR Song of the Day

Darkstone

16 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Yeah, Mike Tramp's ex is named Fleur Thiemeyer, an Aussie, and they have a son named Dylan, but she's not Daryl Braithwaite's ex.

I don't know where you got that from mate.

Paul, who played with him in Australia and also had his own band the Stand.

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Doggy said:

Paul, who played with him in Australia and also had his own band the Stand.

Daryl Braithwaite may have dated her in the late 70s/early 80s, but they weren't married.

She was/is quite famous as a Rock costume designer and has dated heaps of Rock stars.

I checked her out on Google images. I'm sure she's a very lovely lady, but I don't think she's particularly attractive to look at. Not even back in the day.

4 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Daryl Braithwaite may have dated her in the late 70s/early 80s, but they weren't married.

She was/is quite famous as a Rock costume designer and has dated heaps of Rock stars.

I checked her out on Google images. I'm sure she's a very lovely lady, but I don't think she's particularly attractive to look at. Not even back in the day.

His partner at moment is Ayu Azhan

With two kid, Isbel and Lennon

• 2023 Gold Donors

Little River Band - The Night Owls.

I've posted this before, but it should be in this thread.

Classic Australian AOR from 1981 at it's best!

I think hearing this track when I was about nine or ten had a big influence on my future musical tastes. Full of memories for me and I absolutely love it.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Three tracks from one of the best AOR albums of all time. Great Commercial success as well.

I find it hard to pick a favourite from these three, maybe if I had to, I'd go with "Don't Slow Down".

BTW... "Kyrie eleison" means "Lord, have mercy", from the Ancient Greek, as my Greek mate eagerly pointed out to me back in the day.  

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

Ian Moss - Out of the Fire.

I'm not sure how well known "Cold Chisel" are overseas, but the word Legendary doesn't begin to describe how they're thought of down here.

Ian Moss was/is the Lead Guitarist and co Lead Vocalist. Not only a great Guitarist, but this guy could stand on stage and go toe to toe with Jimmy Barnes vocally, which is no mean feat.

In 1989 he released a solo album called "Matchbook", which had great commercial success and was critically acclaimed. Unfortunately he didn't really follow it up at all.

The single "Tucker's Daughter" was massive and still gets regular radio airplay. I always preferred "Out of the Fire". It just oozes class.

On 3/21/2021 at 6:06 AM, Darkstone said:

Three tracks from one of the best AOR albums of all time. Great Commercial success as well.

I find it hard to pick a favourite from these three, maybe if I had to, I'd go with "Don't Slow Down".

BTW... "Kyrie eleison" means "Lord, have mercy", from the Ancient Greek, as my Greek mate eagerly pointed out to me back in the day.  

3 great songs indeed, but if memory serves me correct those we the only songs I really liked off that album 

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Glen said:

3 great songs indeed, but if memory serves me correct those we the only songs I really liked off that album 

Yeah, you're right actually. I still consider it a great album though, based on those three tracks alone.

15 hours ago, Mr.AOR said:

Awesome!!! album...

Something about label politics, why Rock Candy etc haven't release it official on CD

There heaps, and I mean heaps, of bootlegs of the two albums they did.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Icehouse - Don't Believe Anymore.

One of my favourite tracks ever regardless of genre.

The "Icehouse/Flowers (Iva Davies)" discography is ridiculously good. 

• Like 1