I Like Beer!

Blue Charvel

Tonight I drunk a 440ml can of Guinness Draft and now Kilkenny Irish Ale. I have one more of each in the fridge, which I will down... but never again afterwards. Still, glad I got to try them. Interesting, to say the least.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tonight I drunk a 440ml can of Guinness Draft and now Kilkenny Irish Ale. I have one more of each in the fridge, which I will down... but never again afterwards. Still, glad I got to try them. Interesting, to say the least.

Admit it ! You can't take the strong stuff !! :lol:

My mother-in-law called it strong too. I'm all like, this is only 4.3% alcohol! :lol: Is that what you mean... the alcoholic content? Or just the far stronger taste it has? It's an aquired taste, I have no doubt of that. Not one I'm sure I'm willing to acquire. :lol:

My mother-in-law called it strong too. I'm all like, this is only 4.3% alcohol! :lol: Is that what you mean... the alcoholic content? Or just the far stronger taste it has? It's an aquired taste, I have no doubt of that. Not one I'm sure I'm willing to acquire. :lol:

No, I meant the taste. It is stronger and it does take time getting used to it. Personally I prefer the Kilkenny.

No, I meant the taste. It is stronger and it does take time getting used to it. Personally I prefer the Kilkenny.

Yeah, no doubt about it, mate. Kilkenny was far better.

Made the switch to Arrogant Bastard. Oh yeah. My wife is not excited.

:lol: Been there...

Oh Pete. Many, many times over. She still just shakes her head in the disapproving way (not the good way). :beerbang:

See like that. Wouldn't it be great for that motion and have her hold a beer for you as well. :tumbsup:

Oh Pete. Many, many times over. She still just shakes her head in the disapproving way (not the good way). :beerbang:

See like that. Wouldn't it be great for that motion and have her hold a beer for you as well. :tumbsup:

I would suggest that to her, but then I'd just get another one of those disapproving looks you were talking about... ;)

:rofl2: Awesome !! :tumbsup:

I went to a beer tasting last night and tried some good stuff such as Widmers Drop Top Amber, Widmers Broken Halo IPA(my fav IPA), Beach Bum Blonde Ale from Anheiser Busch, and Hoegaarden.

I bought a six pack of the Beach Bum, Hoegaarden and a six of Molson.

I went to a beer tasting last night and tried some good stuff such as Widmers Drop Top Amber, Widmers Broken Halo IPA(my fav IPA), Beach Bum Blonde Ale from Anheiser Busch, and Hoegaarden.

I bought a six pack of the Beach Bum, Hoegaarden and a six of Molson.

Having many Hoegaarden Beligian White Ale's today. :headbanger:

the double chocolate sounds wonderful. :D

It is very tasty...I found a place called The Englander near where I work that has it on tap along with Old Speckled Hen and about 20 other beers, mostly Cali microbrews and/or U.K. treats...when you're in the neighborhood, I'll buy you a pint or two

The original Belgian White and new fav of mine. :bowdown:

hoegaarden.jpg

Nice pick Wes. Damned fine beer and one I drink fairly often.

labatt_blue_beer.jpg

I'm drinking one of these right now. My desire to drink beer is back. Hoorah!

That's a great beer and probably my second fav from Canada after Molson. :tumbsup:

The first time I tried Labatt Blue I also got a 6 pack of Molson Ice. Me, my cousin, and a couple other people tried it. We all agreed that it smelled like skunk and didn't taste much better. I haven't tried anything else Molson since and that was about 3 years ago. Strangely enough I'm getting the urge to buy another 6 pack now. Maybe I will.

landshark_lager.jpg

I just bought a ton of beer this morning. Land Shark was one of them. I just drank one and it was pretty good. It tastes like a lighter MGD. My friend/boss at work kept telling me to get some so I did. I also bought a 6 pack of Widmer Drifter Pale Ale and Widmer Broken Halo IPA. My dad lives near Portland and he's pretty big on Widmer. I bought it for $5.95 a 6 pack. If I can drink enough of the beer I just bought I'll go back for the other 2 varieties I haven't tried yet. For the candy alcohol I bought Kahlua Chocolate Latte. I was on auto pilot and I accidentally bought a keg can of Fosters Lager and Foster's Bitter. I thought it was Heineken. I saw keg cans and didn't even think about what the can actually said.

I should be asleep right now. It's 11:16 am at the moment. I'm not tired so I'm going to drink like crazy. I wonder how long until I hit the wall?

labatt_blue_beer.jpg

I'm drinking one of these right now. My desire to drink beer is back. Hoorah!

That's a great beer and probably my second fav from Canada after Molson. :tumbsup:

The first time I tried Labatt Blue I also got a 6 pack of Molson Ice. Me, my cousin, and a couple other people tried it. We all agreed that it smelled like skunk and didn't taste much better. I haven't tried anything else Molson since and that was about 3 years ago. Strangely enough I'm getting the urge to buy another 6 pack now. Maybe I will.

landshark_lager.jpg

I just bought a ton of beer this morning. Land Shark was one of them. I just drank one and it was pretty good. It tastes like a lighter MGD. My friend/boss at work kept telling me to get some so I did. I also bought a 6 pack of Widmer Drifter Pale Ale and Widmer Broken Halo IPA. My dad lives near Portland and he's pretty big on Widmer. I bought it for $5.95 a 6 pack. If I can drink enough of the beer I just bought I'll go back for the other 2 varieties I haven't tried yet. For the candy alcohol I bought Kahlua Chocolate Latte. I was on auto pilot and I accidentally bought a keg can of Fosters Lager and Foster's Bitter. I thought it was Heineken. I saw keg cans and didn't even think about what the can actually said.

I should be asleep right now. It's 11:16 am at the moment. I'm not tired so I'm going to drink like crazy. I wonder how long until I hit the wall?

That Broken Halo rocks but it's 6% APV for be careful.

Widmer has another new one called Drop Top that's a good Amber Ale. :tumbsup:

Beer Alert::

WOW- Just discovered this little tasty treat. 'Old Speckled Hen: The New Version'. Same brewery as before, but this stuff rocks.

'Old Crafty Hen' is the name and boy is this stuff wickedly good - 6.5% and it tastes absolutely awesome - I am having one as we speak. Never seen it on draft, so I presume this is bottled only at the moment. Definitely one to try for the ale fans out there - you will thank me. :drink:

old-crafty-hen.jpg

Scroll down a little on this page

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...sa%3DN%26um%3D1

• 3 weeks later...