Audi A4 or BMW 330i

Dead Planet

• 2023 Gold Donors
15 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

There are quite a few vehicles made in North America but the parts come from the US, Canada and Mexico and some from Europe so the answer I think is no.....

That's exactly what I'm saying

• 1 month later...

Damn I've been checking insurance costs for the BMW and Audi and it is ridiculous.....I'm thinking about going with a North American car.....may take a hard look at a new Mustang GT.....insurance for it is about half the cost of the other 2....at least those are the numbers I see online, reality may be different....

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 4/12/2021 at 11:42 PM, Dead Planet said:

Damn I've been checking insurance costs for the BMW and Audi and it is ridiculous.....I'm thinking about going with a North American car.....may take a hard look at a new Mustang GT.....insurance for it is about half the cost of the other 2....at least those are the numbers I see online, reality may be different....

I told you before.When you retire it's time to start cutting back.

My sister who is older than me is still working because she likes leasing a new Lexus every couple of years.

I prefer not to have to work and am happy with my Suburu !

50 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

I told you before.When you retire it's time to start cutting back.

My sister who is older than me is still working because she likes leasing a new Lexus every couple of years.

I prefer not to have to work and am happy with my Suburu !

Yeah there is something in what you say ....the one thing I am sure of is that my time left is getting shorter every day and I want to enjoy the years I have left without being overly concerned about finances ... there's not much sense in going to the grave with a full bank account.... being overly cautious may feel safe but it is not always the best approach... in a way it might be best if we all had expiry dates, then you could be broke when you finally drop....:)

• 2023 Gold Donors
5 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Yeah there is something in what you say ....the one thing I am sure of is that my time left is getting shorter every day and I want to enjoy the years I have left without being overly concerned about finances ... there's not much sense in going to the grave with a full bank account.... being overly cautious may feel safe but it is not always the best approach... in a way it might be best if we all had expiry dates, then you could be broke when you finally drop....:)

I'm sure that we could pick out our end date if we really wanted to but I'd rather not go there.

Plus for me having a new ,expensive car isn't that thrilling as it used to be.I'd rather spend my money on other enjoyable things.

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, nyoilers said:

I'm sure that we could pick out our end date if we really wanted to but I'd rather not go there.

Plus for me having a new ,expensive car isn't that thrilling as it used to be.I'd rather spend my money on other enjoyable things.

Hookers and blow?

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

My biggest problem will be holding on to my license...lol

Funny, but a little true.

So tell us all about her. I see a big ole 5 liter badge on the fender but what else makes her tick? And do new Mustangs have cd players?

• 2023 Gold Donors
14 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

IMG_0007.thumb.JPG.bef2868dedcb5132fe9c5262e892feba.JPG

Nice one mate.

Over the last few years we've been seeing quite a few of these new Mustangs on the road down here. They're a very nice looking car.

I reckon I've seen just about every color combination including pinstripes, but I have to say that your choice of solid black is killer.

It's like a combination of the Batmobile and KITT.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, martinsane said:

Funny, but a little true.

So tell us all about her. I see a big ole 5 liter badge on the fender but what else makes her tick? And do new Mustangs have cd players?

Yeah, 5L 460 HP and it does have a cd player although I probably won't use it as I generally rely on USBs for music in cars....this video gives a pretty good description of the car without an irritating voiceover, the only difference between it and my car is the color and the fact that it is a standard....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, martinsane said:

Looks like a blast and manual trannies are overrated, unless I had an F1 McLaren or a Porsche.

That dash and all the computer options looks like a frickin Davinci Code. 

And 12 speakers, woah, I bet it bumps a bit.

Yeah I have never been a fan of standard trannies...I have only owned 1 and I bought it so that I could teach myself to drive a standard....man there are so many settings to mess with that it is ridiculous, I needed the car manual to figure out much of it and it will probably be weeks before I get it all nailed down...lol...that stereo is crazy good and I love it...the subwoofer in the trunk is nice too...

Edited by Dead Planet