C.I.T.A. / Guild of Ages.

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

I love these guys. I haven't included anything from "Rise" because I'm not as familiar with it as their previous work. This is a selection of my favourite tracks from their earlier albums.

A bit of a "Gnostic" theme to their lyrics and artwork, which I always love. 

Three of these tracks are covers BTW.

It's a bloody hard choice, but I think "Through the Years" is my favourite. 

Edited by Darkstone

Have a few,love the track Relapse Of Reason but not overly keen on the full releases in general but prefer the CITA material to that theye recorded as Guild Of Ages...might have a revisit.

Edited by lettard

• 2023 Gold Donors
7 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I only have Relapse of Reason, and haven't listened to it enough to form a solid opinion. 

I think "One" is possibly their most consistent album.

I loved CITA so much, but never thought they captured that same magic as GOA. Don't get me wrong - I like all the GOA albums and they're all good. But a bit more "sluggish" to me, for lack of a better word. They never displayed the fire they had in tracks like 'Through the years' and 'Everytime (I close my eyes),' which arguably remained their first and best songs of all. 

That said, that debut was a little patchy and for me and, by a long way, their finest hour is the second CITA album. For me, that's one of those no-skip filler free albums you speak of. So many killer tunes. Favourite is probably the super catchy 'Can't We Make It.' 

In terms of GOA, their debut was my favourite and they have some good songs on those albums, but it's CITA all the way for me.

Regarding Relapsed - good songs, terrible production. :(