C.I.T.A. / Guild of Ages.

Darkstone

• 2021 Gold Donors

I love these guys. I haven't included anything from "Rise" because I'm not as familiar with it as their previous work. This is a selection of my favourite tracks from their earlier albums.

A bit of a "Gnostic" theme to their lyrics and artwork, which I always love. 

Three of these tracks are covers BTW.

It's a bloody hard choice, but I think "Through the Years" is my favourite. 

Edited by Darkstone

• My Little Pony

I only have Relapse of Reason, and haven't listened to it enough to form a solid opinion. 

Have a few,love the track Relapse Of Reason but not overly keen on the full releases in general but prefer the CITA material to that theye recorded as Guild Of Ages...might have a revisit.

Edited by lettard

• 2021 Gold Donors
7 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I only have Relapse of Reason, and haven't listened to it enough to form a solid opinion. 

I think "One" is possibly their most consistent album.

I loved CITA so much, but never thought they captured that same magic as GOA. Don't get me wrong - I like all the GOA albums and they're all good. But a bit more "sluggish" to me, for lack of a better word. They never displayed the fire they had in tracks like 'Through the years' and 'Everytime (I close my eyes),' which arguably remained their first and best songs of all. 

That said, that debut was a little patchy and for me and, by a long way, their finest hour is the second CITA album. For me, that's one of those no-skip filler free albums you speak of. So many killer tunes. Favourite is probably the super catchy 'Can't We Make It.' 

In terms of GOA, their debut was my favourite and they have some good songs on those albums, but it's CITA all the way for me.

Regarding Relapsed - good songs, terrible production. :(

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Vital Designs - Tony Mills
    • Born Again Tomorrow - Bon Jovi
    • Vital Signs-Survivor
    • Crimson Idol - W.A.S.P.
    • Born Again-Black Sabbath
    • Bad Company-The Original Anthology Def Leppard-Adrenalize Deluxe Edition Limp Bizkit-The Unquestionable Truth  (Part 1 ) Lynyrd Skynyrd-Pronounced Leh-nerd skin-nerd Now Volume 23-Compilation Poison-Look What The Cat Dragged In Styx-Brave New World Time Life Classic Rock 1965-Compilation
    • 1. Agreed 2. Agreed. Well, not that it's great all the way through, but it's "their" best album by a long way. 4. Agreed they're over-rated, but don't like a think about 'Blackout' at all. 'Face the heat' would be my favourite album, and it's solid but generally mediocre at best.  5. Agreed. No interest in the band whatsoever. 6. Yeah, bad singer for sure, but Slaughter were great. 7. Agree that Led Zep never did a thing for me, but Deep Purple no better is I guess my controversial opinion. Both did what they did, but not for me at all. 8. Van Halen's best albums are none of them because there aren't any. They're all terrible with a good song sprinkled here and there across the whole discography. 9. 'Organized Crime,' by a good margin is Treat's best album, imo. 'Dreamhunter' is easily on par with recent output too, but I agree the first two are probably behind most of all their recent output.  10. I actually agree, even though 'LWTCDI' is probably my personal favourite album from them. But yes, 'Flesh and Blood' is obviously a much better album.   1. I have probably been Journey's biggest and harshest critic on this forum, but to say they have zero good songs, imo, is a bit ridiculous. Agree on Steve Perry, though. 2. I wasn't aware they had a good song. News to me. A bunch of okay background noise songs but that's about it.  3. Don't think you'd get much disagreement there at all. Not sure if I'd call it "great" but it's good for sure with some excellence on it.    
    • I would think it's a single according to this blurb:  the 5th Santa Cruz record ”THE RETURN OF THE KINGS” due next Fall
    • Have heard the album and like it.  Basically for me there's 5 excellent tunes classic, melodic, Leppard sounding tunes (Take What You Want, Kick, Fire It Up, SOS Emergency, Gimme A Kiss), then maybe 5-6 others that are pretty good depending on your tastes.  Then there's probably 4 tunes that are going to be skips for me (This Guitar, Gone for Good, Lifeless, From Here to Eternity). .  I'd say This Guitar might be one of my least favorite songs they've ever done lol. Still though, at least for me there's a decent "normal" album of material in this album (10 tracks or so) if you didn't mind the Slang through X era of the band.  I say that only because a lot of these tunes just seem to remind me of different songs from those albums. I definitely like it more than the past couple albums they've done but if somebody hasn't cared for what they've done the past 20 years or so then they should just skip this and move on as they won't like this either. 
    • 1. Agree...didn't think anyone else here agreed with my view of Journey. 2. Nope. 3. Agreed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.