Rust n' Rage - One For The Road

Stefan

132039397_3628113430578015_3206750353047

Rust n' Rage signs with Frontiers for their third album with Jimmy Westerlund (One Desire) as the producer. The 2 previous albums are 'Showdown' (2013) & 'Tales From The Wasteland' (2018).

From Frontiers:

Frontiers Music Slr is pleased to welcome Finland's Rust n' Rage to the label's ever-growing stable of exciting new young talent. The band has just started recording their label debut with producer Jimmy Westerlund (One Desire).

Coming from a small town in Finland called Pori, Rust n’ Rage is made up of four guys who all live for a similar cause: Rock n’ Roll. While individually practicing a lifestyle of hard rockin’ and playing their hearts out around their small town, it didn’t take long for Vince, Johnny, Jezzie, and Eddy to meet and realize they had a shared musical vision. Their musical influences originate from the '80s, with their idols being such legends as Guns n’ Roses, Judas Priest, Mötley Crüe, Dokken, and the like. Rather than merely be the sum of their influences though, Rust n' Rage concentrates their songwriting on being separate from their influences, while still maintaining those awesome hard rock riffs and high-pitched vocal screams.

In 2020, things started rolling for the band, having found a new manager and a new producer to help them get their musical vision properly recorded. Based on the strength of their newly created/recorded singles, the band caught the interest of Frontiers Music Srl, who have signed them to a worldwide deal. Signing with Frontiers is an opportunity to release their music to a global audience and to show the world what they are made of. 2021 is gonna be a busy year and the recording of their upcoming album has now commenced.

"We couldn’t be more psyched to join the Frontiers family! We’re huge fans of their releases and to be a part of something so awesome is a dream come true. The album is gonna be fire and we just can’t wait for all of you to hear it. With lots of new kick ass material and our producer Jimmy Westerlund (One Desire), we can promise a musical sensation soothing for your rock-yearning eardrums. We’re gonna drop some singles during the year for you all to get hyped up for the release, and well, what we can say is that you better hold onto your seats, ‘cause it’s about to get wild!" - Rust n' Rage

Starting to make a name for themselves, Rust n’ Rage has been rockin’ all over Finland. With energetic live shows and anthemic songwriting, this rock n’ roll-quartet is ready to introduce themselves to the world more than ever before.

facebook

2 new songs (from 2019) not featured on their previous albums:

Edited by Stefan

• My Little Pony
44 minutes ago, melodicrock said:

So how many MRR bands have Frontiers picked up now? Someone must have good ears :)

And is prolly very humble about it, too. 

;}

• 10 months later...

Premiere for the new song 'Heartbreaker'.

From Frontiers:

As previously announced, Frontiers Music Slr is pleased to welcome Finland's Rust n' Rage to the label's ever-growing stable of exciting new young talent. The band has recently wrapped up recording their label debut with producer Jimmy Westerlund (One Desire). Ahead of an announcement about the aforementioned album, the band has released a single and video for the track 'Heartbreaker'.

Through lots of hard work and gigging, Rust n' Rage have been starting to make a name for themselves in their home country of Finland. With energetic live shows and anthemic songwriting, this rock n’ roll-quartet is ready to introduce themselves to the world more than ever before. Be sure to stay tuned for their Jimmy Westerlund produced debut album, which will be chock full of anthemic, hard rocking, melodic tunes.

Coming from a small town in Finland called Pori, Rust n’ Rage is made up of four guys who all live for a similar cause: Rock n’ Roll. While individually practicing a lifestyle of hard rockin’ and playing their hearts out around their small town, it didn’t take long for Vince, Johnny, Jezzie, and Eddy to meet and realize they had a shared musical vision. Their musical influences originate from the '80s, with their idols being such legends as Guns n’ Roses, Judas Priest, Mötley Crüe, Dokken, and the like. Rather than merely be the sum of their influences though, Rust n' Rage concentrates their songwriting on being separate from their influences, while still maintaining those awesome hard rock riffs and high-pitched vocal screams.

In 2020, things started rolling for the band, having found a new manager and a new producer to help them get their musical vision properly recorded. Based on the strength of their newly created/recorded singles, the band caught the interest of Frontiers Music Srl, who have signed them to a worldwide deal. Signing with Frontiers is an opportunity to release their music to a global audience and to show the world what they are made of. Stay tuned for more exciting things to come from these Finnish rockers in 2022.

Vince - Vocals

Johnny - Guitar

Eddy - Bass

Jezzie - Drums

www.facebook.com/rustnrageofficial

Edited by Stefan

• My Little Pony
On 11/24/2021 at 5:16 AM, Stefan said:

Sounds good to me.

You're just happy there's another Finnish band on the scene. ;}

But, yeah, it's not bad. 

• 1 month later...

rustnrageonefortheroad_over.jpg

New video for 'Prisoner'.

'One For The Road' out March 11.

Tracklisting:
1.    Prisoner
2.    Ghost Town
3.    One For The Road
4.    The Future Is For The Strong
5.    Heartbreaker
6.    Hang ‘Em High
7.    Ride On
8.    I've Had Enough
9.    Unbreakable
10.    The Throne
11.    Moving On

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

• Stefan changed the title to Rust n' Rage - One For The Road
On 1/12/2022 at 7:37 AM, The Rocker said:

Nice!

I can see One Desire doing this song

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another I got on Thursday...pretty good stuff...opening track "Prisoner" is excellent as is "Ghost Town",like "Hang 'Em High" also,my favourite tune has to be "Ride On" love that dirty bar room build up vibe,another good tune follows in "I've Had Enough" then the atmospheric "Unbreakable",it really is a nice surprise for me as I was never much of a fan of these guys...so kudos to em  :)

• 10 months later...
On 3/13/2022 at 2:19 AM, lettard said:

Another I got on Thursday...pretty good stuff...opening track "Prisoner" is excellent as is "Ghost Town",like "Hang 'Em High" also,my favourite tune has to be "Ride On" love that dirty bar room build up vibe,another good tune follows in "I've Had Enough" then the atmospheric "Unbreakable",it really is a nice surprise for me as I was never much of a fan of these guys...so kudos to em  :)

I also am a fan of this album.

Had never heard them before so I went back to listen to their first two albums.

Expectations were high.

And then....
Well I tried, a lot.
Listened to each album 3 or 4 times, but really they are both pretty shit.
Then I started wondering if they changed singers, because the vocals were really bad on the first two.

Maybe the producer got more out of the singer?
The music on the early albums was good, perhaps a little too 'try a little bit of everything' but still, solid.
But n ot solid enough to work in any way with the vocals sadly.

So onwards and upwards, and look forward to the next release :)