Aussie Rules Football. VFL/AFL

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Doggy said:

Dusty , that dirty trick Collingwood done by starting a fire, especially you were in front. You were afraid that Adelaide might making amazing comeback.

The only things on fire were the PIES!

Edited by Darkstone

I mean as a Swans fan, it was cool to see, but kinda concerned that there were no dickheads doing any damage to him.
Was kinda hoping it would happen next week so I could be there at Marvel Stadium.
Good to get it out of the way, great start to the season with two wins over a semi finalist and preliminary finalist from last year
Next week hope to top it off with a win over a grand finalist in the Dogs.
Then we have Kangaroos and Eagles, so looking pretty sweet for a 5 win start.

As to the predictions for the season

Premier: Swans
Brownlow: Isaac Heeney (I got him for 15 bucks at 67 to 1 so I have a vested interest here :)
Coleman Medalist: Ben Brown
Wooden Spoon: Eagles
Improvers: North Melb

Edited by CureTheSane

• 2023 Gold Donors

I completely despise both of these teams, particularly Port Adelaide, but this is a perfect example of the Greatness of Aussie Rules Football. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2022 at 11:25 AM, Darkstone said:

WTF did Zorko say?

Presume you know by now, but just in case, he said "I hope your mother dies"

There was speculation that Petty's mother was sick, but turns out she isn't and it was just a throw away comment.

Petty sooking about this (physically crying) on field is now kinda weird, especially after it turned out that he had been jabbing at zorco all day with comments about him cheating on his ex wife and mother of his child who have split. Also comments about her business venture, literally marketing cum cleanup rags lol

• 2023 Gold Donors
49 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Presume you know by now, but just in case, he said "I hope your mother dies"

There was speculation that Petty's mother was sick, but turns out she isn't and it was just a throw away comment.

Petty sooking about this (physically crying) on field is now kinda weird, especially after it turned out that he had been jabbing at zorco all day with comments about him cheating on his ex wife and mother of his child who have split. Also comments about her business venture, literally marketing cum cleanup rags lol

Yeah, it was a bit weird. It wasn't a nice thing to say, but you wouldn't really expect that reaction.

We see players in all sports get emotional and tear up at times. Usually after a big win, big loss, milestone games or career threatening injuries, but to see a player cry over something nasty being said is not something you see very often if at all.

When it comes to sledging (trash talk), anything racial or homophobic is taboo these days, but everything else is fair game surely. 

In Aussie rules as with most contact sports, when you trash talk, you risk the target player taking it out on you physically. You don't expect the target player to start crying.

It was a bit of an embarrassment TBH. Something you'd see in under 9s junior footy.

On a side note. Where can I get some of those rags? (Asking for a friend)

The cricket association , where my team play for , has given warn to all clubs if player of ones or two get caught sledging by the umpire. The player gets automatic one game suspension.

Amazing that there's as many Aussies as there are on this board and none of them watch proper footy. 

Out of curiosity, though, and it just came to mind, do any of you guys play AFL Fantasy or Supercoach? I'm absolutely mad for the NRL one, but curious if any of you guys are into it. I tried the AFL Fantasy one about two years ago but it's entirely pointless when you don't know the who's who. Went okay for a short while, though... 

23 hours ago, Darkstone said:

On a side note. Where can I get some of those rags? (Asking for a friend)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11140949/Dayne-Zorkos-ex-wife-Kalinda-Salla-launches-X-rated-product-amid-Harrison-Petty-sledge-scandal.html

61712555-0-image-a-13_1661410755102.jpg

• Haha 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

• 2023 Gold Donors
7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Amazing that there's as many Aussies as there are on this board and none of them watch proper footy. 

Out of curiosity, though, and it just came to mind, do any of you guys play AFL Fantasy or Supercoach? I'm absolutely mad for the NRL one, but curious if any of you guys are into it. I tried the AFL Fantasy one about two years ago but it's entirely pointless when you don't know the who's who. Went okay for a short while, though... 

I used to play "Super Coach" years ago, like 20 years ago.

I enjoyed it then, but probably couldn't be bothered now.

3 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I used to play "Super Coach" years ago, like 20 years ago.

I enjoyed it then, but probably couldn't be bothered now.

Yeah, it can be a solid investment if you're half serious about it, but I do love it. Adds a lot to the viewing experience. A lot of frustration, that is. ;)

I used to love AFL but stopped watching a few years ago when everything got so political. I mean it was supposed to be an escape, but it stopped being that for me. Every round seemed to push some social justice cause and come with some controversy. I stopped playing supercoach at the same time. Now I watch Premier League soccer. 

8 hours ago, auslander said:

I used to love AFL but stopped watching a few years ago when everything got so political. I mean it was supposed to be an escape, but it stopped being that for me. Every round seemed to push some social justice cause and come with some controversy. I stopped playing supercoach at the same time. Now I watch Premier League soccer. 

Haha, word. I'm not sure how national the story of the Manly Sea Eagles Nrl team and a group of them refusing to wear a gay pride Jersey was, but that was a scene. Pisses me off immensely too, but not to the point I've turned off. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Hey CTS, 

I'd like to think we can all move on from last week's unpleasantness.

We should be concentrating more on the things we all have in common (impeccable taste in music), instead of our differences. 

I would also like to apologise for your impending heartbreak this evening.

I, Doggy, Auslander and yourself were lucky enough to witness an era of one Daicos playing for Collingwood who dominated the league.... DOMINATED!

Now we have TWO!

A new Black & White Dynasty begins tonight!

GO PIES!!!

Edited by Darkstone

On 9/17/2022 at 3:14 PM, Darkstone said:

Hey CTS, 

I'd like to think we can all move on from last week's unpleasantness.

We should be concentrating more on the things we all have in common (impeccable taste in music), instead of our differences. 

I would also like to apologise for your impending heartbreak this evening.

I, Doggy, Auslander and yourself were lucky enough to witness an era of one Daicos playing for Collingwood who dominated the league.... DOMINATED!

Now we have TWO!

A new Black & White Dynasty begins tonight!

GO PIES!!!

Not sure why you're bringing stoopid shit to this post.
You guys keep track of unpleasantness obviously more than I do.

Anyway, this is a very unfortunate post for you.
Talk of heartbreak imparted from the Wobbliest of teams?
We just decided to save some energy for next week, and took the foot off the pedal tpwards the end :) 
Or maybe the Swnas were thinking the same thing I was, which is....

"What's better than beating Collingwood by 100 points?".....

307115183_10225270034552838_1386300204684716466_n.thumb.jpg.8cca4a0bdd7f339b23d901d5f60710f0.jpg

Grand Final here we come...

• 2023 Gold Donors
17 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Not sure why you're bringing stoopid shit to this post.
You guys keep track of unpleasantness obviously more than I do.

Anyway, this is a very unfortunate post for you.
Talk of heartbreak imparted from the Wobbliest of teams?
We just decided to save some energy for next week, and took the foot off the pedal tpwards the end :) 
Or maybe the Swnas were thinking the same thing I was, which is....

"What's better than beating Collingwood by 100 points?".....

307115183_10225270034552838_1386300204684716466_n.thumb.jpg.8cca4a0bdd7f339b23d901d5f60710f0.jpg

Grand Final here we come...

Dredging up old posts again. You can't help yourself mate.   ;)

Seriously though, it was fucking heartbreaking. 

We were always gonna come home hard, but 6 goals was a big ask to over run.

The worst part was being resigned to a loss at three quarter time, then having hope build up only to be ripped away.

Fucking heartbreaking. 

The new era of a Black & White Dynasty will have to wait until next year. 

Edited by Darkstone

• 11 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors
9 hours ago, Doggy said:

Get your tickets next weeks blockbuster yet, Dusty?

Nah mate,

I'll be watching the Glorious Pies Victory from home.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Haha 1

DAMN!!! I was looking forward in hearing the Meatloaf tribute band.

Wonder if they would drag out the bat mobile, to take the members to the stage?