Aussie Rules Football. VFL/AFL

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors
20 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

They are pretty close.
1 meter = 1.09361 yard

A metre is still longer than a yard.

Who's side are you on anyway?

It's our duty as Aussie Rules fans to undermine the NFL at any given opportunity. 

3 hours ago, Darkstone said:

A metre is still longer than a yard.

Who's side are you on anyway?

It's our duty as Aussie Rules fans to undermine the NFL at any given opportunity. 

Nah, then NRL maybe.
Our duty should be to have the only 3 countries on the planet to not accept and use the metric system to use it.
USA
Burma
Liberia

• 1 month later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

The State of Victoria has always been the Mecca of Australian Rules Football. There is, however two other Australian States who have a rich Aussie Rules history. South Australia and Western Australia. 

Up until 1990, before the game became the AFL, playing for a club in the VFL was, to use a Baseball term, like getting a call to the Major Leagues.

The SANFL and the WAFL produced many VFL stars and back in the day each league received a tremendous amount of support. 

This is an SANFL clip from 1974. Back when this was a true man's game. Bear in mind, most of these "bumps" were considered fair back then and play continued.

Edited by Darkstone

A good friend ( rip ) who was life member ( a trainer ) , told me he won't go back to watch a Maggie game until Bucks and Eddie Everywhere are gone.

• 3 months later...

Well it's back and so crowds.

Looks two games played so far, I think the Blues aren't going be easy beats this year not like previous years

• 5 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Hulk Hogan gets it.

It's a week and a half away, but this years AFL Grand Final will be Epic.

I have a soft spot for both teams, but I think I'm going for Melbourne. 

The Doggies have had some recent Glory and it's been a long time between drinks for the Dees.

Two Victorian teams are in the Grand Final, as it should be, but it's being held in Perth? Fuck off!

Fuck this covid shit for denying the Mighty MCG (at full capacity) two Grand Finals!

Edited by Darkstone

Will be perfect karma if the Demons are favorited by the umps like the dirty Dogs were in 2016.
Worst game of umpiring ever and slammed by all sections of the media and experts.
Moving on, I hope to see many Dogs players crying at the final siren.

Don't give a shit the Melbourne haven't won a flag for 57 years or whatever it is, this is a spite game for me.

• Like 1

Like to see the Dees win it, but if do I will be disappointed my club, St. Kilda, would been longest without a last flag this before it went AFL.

Entertainment has bee released 

200.gif

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Darkstone said:

All true Aussies are going to be offline for the next two and a half hours.

I say "true" Aussies because I'm obviously not counting NRL supporters, of course.

What shit weekend I have, Melbourne for two goals Ben Brown for Norm Smith, Storm losing and top it off Liverpool drawing, I am going back to my kennel.

• 5 months later...

It is back in couple weeks. 

Any early predictions.

Premiers : Brisbane

Spoon : Nth Melbourne

Big improves : Carlton

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I don't mind saying that this brought a tear to my eye and I reckon CTS feels the same way, also Auslander perhaps? 

The crowd "field invasion" when a player achieved a goal kicking milestone was common place and expected back in the day.

The only two times in recent history this has happened have been for Lance "Buddy" Franklin.

It's interesting that when he kicked his 100th goal (in one season), It was the first time in a while that this had happened and it was a different world.

As a result, the AFL announced that anybody running on to the field would be issued with a $5000 fine.

The third clip shows you how well that went.

This time for his 1000th, the AFL basically sanctioned it.

I don't know if this could happen anywhere else in the world without it getting ugly.

Edited by Darkstone

Dusty , that dirty trick Collingwood done by starting a fire, especially you were in front. You were afraid that Adelaide might making amazing comeback.