Aussie Rules Football. VFL/AFL

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

Okay here it is. A place for us Aussies and others who have seen the light, to discuss the greatest game on earth. I agree with CureTheSane about how inappropriate the opening video to the "Pat McAfee gets it" thread was, so I'll start this thread with something more fitting. I'm looking forward to posting many great Footy videos here. Go Pies!

Edited by Darkstone

12 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Okay here it is. A place for us Aussies and others who have seen the light, to discuss the greatest game on earth. 

Hey mate, not sure I understand. You want to discuss the NRL? In an AFL thread? I'm confused. 

Edited by Geoff

• 2023 Gold Donors
7 hours ago, Doggy said:

Sad, they changing the Red Skins' name. What else can the Maggies supporters going suck on ?

We suck on the hearts of St. Kilda supporters. One of the only teams I haven't seen win a premiership in my lifetime. 😊

• 2023 Gold Donors
9 hours ago, Geoff said:

Hey mate, not sure I understand. You want to discuss the NRL? In an AFL thread? I'm confused. 

The NRL. Basically, hold a football and run as fast as you can into a brick wall. Yeah, huge skill levels involved in that.  😆

Edited by Darkstone

10 hours ago, Doggy said:

Sad, they changing the Red Skins' name. What else can the Maggies supporters going suck on ?

Yep, they sure as hell can't chew them :D

17 hours ago, Darkstone said:

We suck on the hearts of St. Kilda supporters. One of the only teams I haven't seen win a premiership in my lifetime. 😊

The Gee is uneven, that would bounce would fall straight in Milne's hands, GOAAAAAAAL he would kicked.

I would never forgiven  Shaw that smoother he done on the Roo in goal square

23 hours ago, Darkstone said:

The NRL. Basically, hold a football and run as fast as you can into a brick wall. Yeah, huge skill levels involved in that.  😆

Thumbs down. ;)

Yes, that is, um, all there is. To it. 

Heart Throw Away GIF by Griffics

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 6/25/2020 at 7:38 PM, CureTheSane said:

Yep, they sure as hell can't chew them :D

Nice one. 😄

If you notice, I went with the laughing emoji that has no teeth.

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 6/26/2020 at 10:00 AM, Doggy said:

The Gee is uneven, that would bounce would fall straight in Milne's hands, GOAAAAAAAL he would kicked.

I would never forgiven  Shaw that smoother he done on the Roo in goal square

Don't worry mate. Unfortunately, when it comes to Grand Final heartbreak over the years. I think we have you beat.

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Meh. The season is a shambles. I've almost lost interest.

Most of my Collingwood friends feel the same way. :)

Guarantee if you win the flag, it will be 'a hard fought win in a harder than usual season'

• 2023 Gold Donors
30 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Most of my Collingwood friends feel the same way. :)

Guarantee if you win the flag, it will be 'a hard fought win in a harder than usual season'

Of course.

10 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Great result for the Pies. A hard fought win in a harder than usual season.

Hard to watch as a Swans fan.
Solace in that we had such an inexperienced team out there who were in it all game.

• 1 month later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I need to make more of an effort with this topic. I was reminded over the weekend of this amazing one man effort during the 2005 AFL Finals. The Swans would go on to win the Grand Final (Superbowl) on the back of this performance. 

I'm sure CTS will appreciate this one. 

I was watching as it happened.
Amazing, come from behind.
Still don't know how we got there, I still get nervous watching replays.
I was at the 2005 GF and it was amazing.

Glad we lost on the weekend.

Last two rounds we lost to two top 4 teams by narrow margins, with quite a few injuries.
Our best forward (Franklin) , our best backman )Rampe), our best ruckman(Naismith), and our best mid-forward (Heeney) among others.

The loss on the weekend means we finished 3rd bottom instead of 5th bottom, which is great when draft season comes along.
We will get the 4th best player in the draft, then two academy picks where we match the other clubs selections.
So basically 3 first round picks for the price of one :)
Look out next season.

Also talk of Moore or Degoey coming to the Swans, that would be fun Coliingwood supporters. :)

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 6/24/2020 at 8:22 PM, Darkstone said:

Okay here it is. A place for us Aussies and others who have seen the light, to discuss the greatest game on earth. I agree with CureTheSane about how inappropriate the opening video to the "Pat McAfee gets it" thread was, so I'll start this thread with something more fitting. I'm looking forward to posting many great Footy videos here. Go Pies!

I thought i'd edit this original post and include an AFL tutorial video. Remember, it's Aussie Rules, not Rugby.

• 2023 Gold Donors

These aren't the greatest Long Bomb goals, as the title suggests. These are all relatively recent, but you get the idea.

BTW, when the commentators refer to distance, such as 50, 65, 70, they're talking metres, not yards.