Worst Of The Recent Reunion Releases

What are the worst of the reunion releases by popular 80's/90's bands?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well sorry to be all-encompassing, but I voted for all but Roxy Blue and Babylon AD. I thought that all things being equal, the new Roxy Blue was not much better/worse than the debut because although the debut had a cool vibe and style, at the end of the day, I only kept three ballads / mid-tempo tunes off each album.

And Babylon AD is monster stand-out from this list as it's actually a very good to excellent album. Nothing dud about that. 

And I have to say, I wish I could retract my vote for Banshee as that wasn't that bad. Never was a made fan, but it was a decent throwback to their sound. 

But they rest - they all suck! ;)

For what it's worth, the worst of the worst;

Tora Tora

TNT 

Riverdogs

Spread Eagle 

I am surprised you didn't include Quiet Riot or Enuff Z' Nuff.   I'm with Geoff on picking Babylon AD's album as the standout of this group. Roxanne wasn't far behind returning with a pretty good release. There were other albums that I thought had a few solid tracks or were OK listens overall, but most of these were disappointing when compared to their early releases.  But for me the worst of these were:

Roxy Blue - horrible - a modern/grungy sounding mess of an album that was as far away from the original sound as any of the artists

TNT - XIII - no fault of the new vocalist who I thought did a nice job, this just paled in comparison to their best efforts, while there were a few OK tracks it was another in a line of major let downs from a band that I had considered my favorite for years

Edited by Crazysam

Babylon A.D was a pretty good comeback album liked that one a lot....but of the list above I went with Kane Roberts,that was a major disappointment for me because I so wanted another Saints & Sinners even though I knew that I wouldn't...but one can hope..so many others there Steelheart,Spread Eagle,Roxanne,Jetboy & Roxy Blue were awful for me...and as Crazysam added Enuff Z' Nuff & Quiet Riot as both recent release sucked so much balls...but then again I wasn't holding out hope in either of those bands,others had promise but ultimately were let downs.

wait could I vote for more than 1?

Edited by lettard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lettard said:

Babylon A.D was a pretty good comeback album liked that one a lot....but of the list above I went with Kane Roberts,that was a major disappointment for me because I so wanted another Saints & Sinners even though I knew that I wouldn't...but one can hope..so many others there Steelheart,Spread Eagle,Roxanne,Jetboy & Roxy Blue were awful for me...and as Crazysam added Enuff Z' Nuff & Quiet Riot as both recent release sucked so much balls...but then again I wasn't holding out hope in either of those bands,others had promise but ultimately were let downs.

wait could I vote for more than 1?

Yes!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Kane Roberts win , the worst come back Imo. Too much heavy and modern, I enjoi the video with Alice Cooper.

I didn' t like the latest from Steelheart.

Spread Eagle was my of my favorite 2019 release, I' m surprise the get 3 votes.

I enjoy the new Tnt ,.