Underrated / missed / forgotten guitar solos

CureTheSane

Was listening to this today and it hit me what a great guitar solo it is, blending into the song for an extended time.

Any others out that that stand out as being overlooked?

• Like 1

One of my favourite ones is the solo in Firewind's My Loneliness. 

And also the solo by Bobby Barth in the rerecorded version of Burn The City Down. 

Another favourite is the long solo in The Journey by Molly Hatchet. 

Edited by Mafisen

11 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Was listening to this today and it hit me what a great guitar solo it is, blending into the song for an extended time.

Any others out that that stand out as being overlooked?

Oh man, every Eddie Van Halen solo is outstanding and pure class. ;) What about this one, talking about underrated stuff. (Solo part starts at 1:45)

I don't think it's really underrated, missed or forgotten in music history, but perhaps not fully appreciated by many of us 80's hard rock fans... at least not by the rockers I grew-up with who didn't think there was life outside of Iron Maiden...

Duane Allman and Eric Clapton on LAYLA... I've never heard guitars tell such a painful story anywhere else.  It's like Hemingway reading The Old Man and the Sea to you in-person.

• Like 1

UFO - Profession Of Violence. Paul Tonka Chapman did a great job here. 

On 1/17/2020 at 6:10 AM, gener8tr said:

I don't think it's really underrated, missed or forgotten in music history, but perhaps not fully appreciated by many of us 80's hard rock fans... at least not by the rockers I grew-up with who didn't think there was life outside of Iron Maiden...

Duane Allman and Eric Clapton on LAYLA... I've never heard guitars tell such a painful story anywhere else.  It's like Hemingway reading The Old Man and the Sea to you in-person.

Yeaaah...I hate that solo.  For me, the second half of that song is awful.  The first is off the charts great.  That signature riff?  Incredible.  But when it slows down, it dies.

I don't know if you could call anything Diglio did under-rated because the dude was the Jesus of guitar playing, but always loved this solo (as well as all the others he recorded);