Music videos that you (maybe) didn't know/forgot existed

Captain Howdy

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Haven't heard of most of your posts but bookmarking them to check out. Can't find much on these guys. I see this is from their s/t album from 1986 - the band is called The Metros. Did they release anything else? I think it's hard to search as there was a punk band of the same name. 

https://glorydazemusic.com/vf/discussion/8062/metros-the-1986-the-metros

18 hours ago, Mr.AOR said:

No, surely that does not exist, lol! Wonderful find. One of my all-time favourite tunes. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
11 minutes ago, Geoff said:

No, surely that does not exist, lol! Wonderful find. One of my all-time favourite tunes. 

Was listening to the Blind Date album this morning on my way to work so thought I'd see if any videos existed,and lo and behold there it was, fantastic album.

Well, who'd have thunk it;

The thing I don't understand about 'Please come back' is that a studio version wasn't released until 1998, so why was a video recorded back in the day? Confusing. 

My guess would be that the label/band had planned to release the album, and used this as a typical pre album single release, but then when the album fell through, that was all we got.

Damn, I never knew they did a video for Mammoth - Fatman. That album is one of my alltime favorites.

So many of these vintage music videos only publically exist as Nth-generation copies of VHS recordings. I gotta wonder how many higher quality film/video masters are languishing in record company vaults that could be re-rendered using modern technology. There's gotta be some awesome stuff out there.

2 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Damn, I never knew they did a video for Mammoth - Fatman. That album is one of my alltime favorites.

So many of these vintage music videos only publically exist as Nth-generation copies of VHS recordings. I gotta wonder how many higher quality film/video masters are languishing in record company vaults that could be re-rendered using modern technology. There's gotta be some awesome stuff out there.

I should go through all the ones I have on CDR. I have 30 CDRs/DVDs with nothing but videos.

22 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

I remember seeing this back in the day (I think it was on the VHS tape that was a companion to the Protect the innocent compilation) and was the song that introduced me to the band. I still wonder if there was ever a video done for All the days, as that song is for me one of the catchiest songs of that era and sure it was released as a single (Chris Jericho even used an instrumental version of it in his debut for WCW back in the late 90s).

On a side note, always made me laugh that all the way through the video John McCoy is playing bass, but when it comes to the solo he is playing the lead guitar. Kinda makes you wonder how much guitar Mac Baker actually contributed to the album.

Edited by Captain Howdy