4.I See You Everywhere
5.Angel
6.Nothin' But Love
7.Still Here
8.Burning Out Fast
9.I Need You Red
10.Stained Glass
11.All You Need Is A Heartbeat

I'm happy to see them including All You Need Is A Heartbeat and Never Enough on this release :)

Link to info:

https://stationnyc.bandcamp.com/album/stained-glass

And a new tune:

Edited by tts42572

• 3 weeks later...

Gave this a listen...Not too bad.  It's probably in line with their last album although initially I think I liked the last album more.  Tough to say after only a couple listens.

My favorite tunes are probably the two that were released awhile ago with Never Enough and All You Need Is A Heartbeat...nice to see those included and it think they might've beefed up the sound on them a little bit.  Might be my imagination though.

I do like a few of the "new" tunes also....Matter Of Time, Nothin' But Love and Burning Out Fast all pretty good.

There's 2 or 3 ballads though that honestly didn't grab me much first time through....and an instrumental tune that doesn't do much for me but it's only a little over a minute long.  Something about their ballads on these past two albums that aren't doing much for me...they just drag a bit.

Not blowing me away but not too bad either.  I think if you've liked these guys in the past, there's some stuff here you'll like.  And if you've been lukewarm on them, probably not much here that will change that as I don't think they really offer anything new or groundbreaking here.

• My Little Pony

Three ballads and an instrumental on an album that's only eleven tracks long? That's a bold strategy, Cotton. 

Wow, that's s surprise. Didn't expect that at all. Cool news. That new song doesn't excite me much, and it doesn't sound like they've done much in terms of sound/production, which is my only (but big) issue with these guys. They're a good band with good songs, but such a soft/weak sound. I want to hear them with a big beefy sound. Will reserve judgement until I hear it, but I fear this album won't be the answer I've been waiting for. 

10 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Wow, that's s surprise. Didn't expect that at all. Cool news. That new song doesn't excite me much, and it doesn't sound like they've done much in terms of sound/production, which is my only (but big) issue with these guys. They're a good band with good songs, but such a soft/weak sound. I want to hear them with a big beefy sound. Will reserve judgement until I hear it, but I fear this album won't be the answer I've been waiting for. 

I like these guys a lot but I'd bet this isn't what you've been looking for....

Chris Lane had said in an interview that this album is mostly just a collection of older songs they had laying around that didn't make their first two albums for whatever reason and it does kinda feel a little like leftovers in that the songs don't really seem to bring much new to the table.  I mean, there's some good tunes but about half of it isn't really doing much for me which I think is due mostly to the 3 ballads and 1 instrumental.

For me, A Matter of Time, Never Enough, Burning Out Fast and All You Need Is A Heartbeat are my highlights.  Emily and Nothin' But Love are okay but probably will be forgettable.  And the ballads all kinda drag for me kinda in the same way the ballads dragged on their last album.   

Basically, if I could combine this album and their last album and pick my top 11 songs....I could make a really killer album :) 

Good, talented band and I really like a lot of what they've done.  I wonder though if it might be time for them to get with a label and/or work with a producer that can inject some fresh ideas and really help take them to a different level.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Havent had time today to listen to this after receiving it from em earlier today but ill get it a spin over the weekend,judgement well and truly reserved until then...but 3 ballads and an instrumental? really  :( my only slight struggle with these guys is the vocals sound so strained at times,hes not the greatest singer but maybe that's just me as no-one else seems to mention it.

12 hours ago, lettard said:

Havent had time today to listen to this after receiving it from em earlier today but ill get it a spin over the weekend,judgement well and truly reserved until then...but 3 ballads and an instrumental? really  :( my only slight struggle with these guys is the vocals sound so strained at times,hes not the greatest singer but maybe that's just me as no-one else seems to mention it.

Nah, I'm sure it's acknowledged. He's not a very good singer, and sadly the weaker sound amplifies it a bit. If they had a big beefy sound you wouldn't notice it anywhere near as much, would be my guess.

I agree above that it'd be awesome to see them team up with a producer who's going to bring out the best of their sound. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

I haven't pulled the trigger on picking this one up yet.  I was a little disappointed with their last release.  I much preferred their debut EP and S/T releases.  The More Than The Moon release just didn't do as much for me.  Then they had the two other songs that came out around the same time (Never Enough and All You Need Is A Heartbeat) but weren't on that album.  I actually loved both of those songs and think it might have made More Than The Moon better had they been on it.  I'll probably get this one but just going to wait to hear more first.  Maybe I can find a used copy of it for cheap price or catch it on sale.

18 hours ago, headbanger4life said:

they had the two other songs that came out around the same time (Never Enough and All You Need Is A Heartbeat) but weren't on that album.  I actually loved both

The two songs you mention are now on this new release  :) I think its actually quite a good nice album,safe but nice and better than "More than the Moon" for me.

Edited by lettard

I like Station.
Would prefer that the singer use his lower range more.
not wy lower, just a bit lower so it's less screatchy.
I'm sure some of the higher end songs will grow on me, but instantly liked the ones wherehe sung rather than screatched.

• 2 months later...

I finally got back to this one, and I really like it.

Never Enough is pretty much the same as what was already released.
All You Need Is A heartbeat is much cleaner and more modern, if that makes sense after only 2 years.

Aside from them it's a solid album with overall only a couple of songs that I can miss.
Stained Glass (instrumental)
I See You Somewhere

So I'm really a couple of weeks late to this as it would have made my top 10 pretty easily, probably top 5.
But the top lists change all the time anyway.

• 1 year later...