Ebay suspendeds Sellers account

Hahahaha :yikes: I just won a cd from Antan7 and I never even realized it. It's nothing big or worth bitching about. Evidence One - Criticize The Truth. He's had very good communication so far, so I won't complain :( I was just reading the above posts and saw the name and couldn't figure out where I had just seen it 15 minutes ago :lol: Brainfart!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been annoyed by this Russian guy for some time though. Certianly in Germany he lists 50 or 100 CD's all ending at the same time and does this a few times an evening. I quite like browsing the closing items to try and pick stuff up and he made it a nightmare.

Well, in all fairness, most sellers use bulk listing software of some sort to upload and start their auctions en masse, rather than manually start them one by one. So, as fast as Ebay can list them, the auctions start -- and end -- at approximately the same time. Yes, you can schedule auctions to start at various times, but (1) that's a pain in the ass, and (2) scheduled auction times are an additional fee from Ebay.

You should either make your bids in advance, instead of waiting for the ending time, or use a sniping service. I've been using esnipe.com for several years.

Either way, I would not be blaming the seller...

-Dan

Of course your right but maybe things are different here in Germany? You have to pay 10 cents to say when you want an aution to start. If this is the same guy , and I think it is, that's a lot of 10 cents considering from what I saw only 1 in 10 of his auctions got a bid. Either that or, being in St Petersberg, he just stayed up until 11 or 12 and started his auctions then. I havn't seen anybody else who has done the same type of selling so agrressivly on the German ebay , I get the impression there are a lot more in the US?

Perhaps, as someone who was brought up in England, my view is slightly different on the gray import questions. Ever since CD'S came out the UK and European prices have been a lot higher. I work for an American firm so whenever I can I buy in the US. I don't have a huge amount of sympathy for record companies as they operate a cartel and make huge amounts from that cartel. Why is it Illegal to import from Russia , if it indeeed is? Because they want to keep the cartel going. If the price of CD's in the UK and Europe were cheeper there would be no need for the Gray imports.

I can see that your prices in the US are a lot more reasonable so the question is a little different but at the end of the day we've built a global economy and must live with the consequences of that. We all love cheep clothes but it means the firm I work for shifting work from Delaware to China for example.

The thing I really don't get at all is the price of MP3's. So a CD costs 15 Euro new here. An MP3 version costs about 10-12. No storage , no raw material, no distributer etc etc. I doubt very much the artist gets to see any more.

Hahahaha  :yikes:  I just won a cd from Antan7 and I never even realized it. It's nothing big or worth bitching about. Evidence One - Criticize The Truth. He's had very good communication so far, so I won't complain  :(  I was just reading the above posts and saw the name and couldn't figure out where I had just seen it 15 minutes ago  :lol:  Brainfart!

I just got the shipping notice that my cd is on it's way. Wouldn't you know that it's coming from "Russia" <_<

EVIDENCE ONE * Criticize The Truth * 2002 cd new

Please allow 12-15 business* days for the product delivery.

Ship from Russia.(Moscow)

It's been a pleasure doing business with you,

• 2 weeks later...

Go Figure...I finally got the cd this morning and it's still SHRINKWRAPPED and on the back it says "Not Legal For Sale Outside Of Russia" <_<

Go Figure...I finally got the cd this morning and it's still SHRINKWRAPPED and on the back it says "Not Legal For Sale Outside Of Russia"  <_<

So now all you have to do is move to Russia and everything will be okay :P

Actually, the transition of funds most likely occured with the acceptence in RUSSIA, even though the point of said fund transfer most likely occured within the United States.

So long as the "buyer" does not turn "seller" everything is legally binding. That being said, should the buyer decide to become a seller, the transaction will continue to be legal as long as funds are transfered to an account within Russia, regardless of the point of origin.

These brand new cds often sell for only 2.- euros on the german ebay, cause the shipping rates are extremly high.

it´s for sure, these sellers will open up new accounts and normally ebay doesn´t care. ebay´s only intention is: making money!

:excl:

Antan7 is back on ebay and there is also alot of others selling these Russian copies.

I always ask now before i buy "If they are the Russian copies"

BEWARE , THERE ARE ALOT OF THEM NOW ON EBAY !!!!!!! ALWAYS ASK.

Something that also gives them away other than stating "Eastern European Edition" is that they normally sell for $8.99-$11.99 Brand new which is pretty cheap for a brand new cd. :drink:

Let me make one other thing perfectly clear.  Cd's released on the following labels ARE NOT boots and are officially sanctioned and licensed.

Irond , Soyuz , CD-Maximum , Fono , Dark Division , Art Music.

Anybody who says otherwise has incorrect information and/or is misinformed and i WILL argue my point veraciously.

That is right , they are liscensed but the Record labels { MTM etc. } have stated to the above labels that there agreement states they are "NOT" to be sold outside of Russia.

I was even able to compare a couple of these cd's to the originals and you can notice a difference in the artwork on the covers.

The originals are sharper in colour than the Russian ones as i had both copies of Wicked Sensation - Exceptional and Big Bad Wolf - S/T.

The bottom line is the major labels should be doing something about it if it is violating the agreement it has with these dodgy Russian labels.

So to all , if you want cheap shit with dodgy artwork , buy this Russian crap :drink::chug::drink::chug:

Like I said , it's perfectly legal to RE-SELL used CD's from anywhere in the world - try reading the Berne Convention.

Is that one of your loopholes you so fondly speak of? <_<

Guest Retrospect Records

There's always loopholes. And the Russian stuff i have seen is usually better than most domestic releases in quality and BONUS TRACKS.

"Dodgy" labels - uh no.

Funny how you guys keep talking about how Record Companies should do this and do that....

Maybe if domestic releases and certain Imports weren't so f_____g expensive , people wouldn't need to resort to buying from other areas of the world.

Why don't you start lobbying against $17++ discs instead of worrying about how cheap they are elsewhere.

You are focusing in on completely the wrong angle.

Now you're gonna talk about how the artists are getting cheated....why don't you talk to some artists here in the States who are lucky to see $1 off a $17 disc.

Now THAT'S getting it in the :butt:

I actually didn't even look as to where this cd was made or where it was coming from when I used the Buy It Now. I had bought the other Evidence One CD and decided to grab their others as well since I'm a huge Frontline fan. When he e-mailed me and told me that it would be about 2 weeks as it was coming from Russia, that's when I got a little edgy. His auction said nothing about being a Russian boot/reissue/copy/pressing. All the auction said was:

Pay in USA Ship from Europe

To me, Europe means "EUROPE", Russia means RUSSIA. Leaving auctions on the vague side doesn't make the seller honest. It makes them shady. I think the biggest problem people have had with some auctions, and even with some of your auctions Sam, is the fact that it never gets FULL DISCLOSURE. Not telling the entire truth doesn't mean the seller is necessarily being honest. They're just hoping to not get questioned.

Same goes for your Lambo analogy. Maybe yours is real, maybe not....but if you indeed bought what you thought was a real one for $150,000 and got it home to find it was a Fiero kit car, I'd think you'd be a little pissed. The seller didn't offer the information, but you also didn't ask. Of course I'd say you were dumb for not asking, but I'd be more inclined to say the seller was a crook because he knew it wasn't real and he was hoping for an idiot to buy it that would take it for granted that it was indeed real.

No...that paragraph wasn't intended to start anything with you by any means, it was just meant as a comparison.

Someone else also brought it up around here that when someone is selling a cd, they use the really expensive and collectable bands cd's as a cross reference and when in fact, they sound absolutely nothing alike. I also find that very very shady. I've been bitten by that a few times and I know of others that have as well. I know that a few comparisons out there may just be based on opinion, but when there's an extreme stretch like some of the ones I've seen, I know for a fact that the seller is going for the moron buyers.

Anywhooo...........I guess I'll just have to be happy that they at least recorded this cd in English :lol:

Same goes for your Lambo analogy. Maybe yours is real, maybe not....but if you indeed bought what you thought was a real one for $150,000 and got it home to find it was a Fiero kit car, I'd think you'd be a little pissed. The seller didn't offer the information, but you also didn't ask. Of course I'd say you were dumb for not asking, but I'd be more inclined to say the seller was a crook because he knew it wasn't real and he was hoping for an idiot to buy it that would take it for granted that it was indeed real.

Good point, T-BONE!

Look, I've offered my opinions on the recent Greek bootlegs before... I absolutely LOVE those METAL GEMS releases; the quality of the disc and artwork is fantastic. However, that being said, I knew what I was buying PRIOR to sending payment.

All I ask from ANY seller is complete honesty. Nine out of ten patrons probably don't care if a CD was recorded in New York, Moscow or Timbuktu... But that information should presented up front for the one buyer who does, regardless if your home base is Tokyo, Las Vegas, or Leningrad. (Is Leningrad still a city?)

Guest Retrospect Records

2 things:

1. Russia is part of Europe.

2. I will not disclose in my auctions that some pressings i sell are Russian , why? because too many people have misconceptions that Russian cd's are horrible quality. 99% of people who get Russian discs from me are happier than a pig in shit. I will not disclose country of origin unless asked.

There's always loopholes.  And the Russian stuff i have seen is usually better than most domestic releases in quality and BONUS TRACKS. 

"Dodgy" labels - uh no. 

Funny how you guys keep talking about how Record Companies should do this and do that....

Maybe if domestic releases and certain Imports weren't so f_____g expensive , people wouldn't need to resort to buying from other areas of the world.

Why don't you start lobbying against $17++ discs instead of worrying about how cheap they are elsewhere.

If you are such "price liberator" why dont you sell them with Buy it now for $5, but instead misrepresent them as originals and enjoy seeing people outbidding themselves to the full CD price and beyond... <_<

Now you're gonna talk about how the artists are getting cheated....why don't you talk to some artists here in the States who are lucky to see $1 off a $17 disc.

Now THAT'S getting it in the  :butt:

And how much the artists get from the licensed releases? $0.01 perhaps, if any...

I will not disclose in my auctions that some pressings i sell are Russian , why? because too many people have misconceptions that Russian cd's are horrible quality.  99% of people who get Russian discs from me are happier than a pig in shit.  I will not disclose country of origin unless asked.

So, in my Lambo analogy, you're more of the seller than the buyer. <_<

2.  I will not disclose in my auctions that some pressings i sell are Russian , why? because too many people have misconceptions that Russian cd's are horrible quality.  99% of people who get Russian discs from me are happier than a pig in shit.  I will not disclose country of origin unless asked.

In this case, my friend, just shut up and stop pretending being honest :fu:

It's not about the quality, I for one also think that some of the Russian licenses are superior to the originals, BUT it is to the sole fact that people are getting something that is NOT what they expected it to be, and that' what counts in this case! You may have 9 out of 10 leaving you positives due to the fact they are not aware and live with the idea they got the originals, but that doesnt justify anything.

And frankly, selling something that wholeasales at $2 presenting it as the original product is what I call cheating and have no sympathy for the seller, no matter what his reasons are!

As I said it long time ago, I wouldnt have said a word to you if your auctions stated what the origins are, or at least indicate the re-release company or something, so whoever is interested will know what they are buying. Until that happens I'll entertain myself pointing that fact to you over and over again, cheers :D

2.  I will not disclose in my auctions that some pressings i sell are Russian , why? because too many people have misconceptions that Russian cd's are horrible quality.  99% of people who get Russian discs from me are happier than a pig in shit.  I will not disclose country of origin unless asked.

It's not about the quality, I for one also think that some of the Russian licenses are superior to the originals, BUT it is to the sole fact that people are getting something that is NOT what they expected it to be, and that' what counts in this case! You may have 9 out of 10 leaving you positives due to the fact they are not aware and live with the idea they got the originals, but that doesnt justify anything.

And frankly, selling something that wholeasales at $2 presenting it as the original product is what I call cheating and have no sympathy for the seller, no matter what his reasons are!

As I said it long time ago, I wouldnt have said a word to you if your auctions stated what the origins are, or at least indicate the re-release company or something, so whoever is interested will know what they are buying. Until that happens I'll entertain myself pointing that fact to you over and over again, cheers :D

:blahblah:

I am SO tired of this story.

I understand why everyone is so upset at Sam. I too don't agree with some of his business practices. But, I'm not going to harp on it. I just won't buy from him.

So, please, please, give it a rest.

(Is Leningrad still a city?)

Yes, but they renamed it to St. Petersbourg some time ago

Lenin and Stalin... Ah, yes, the glory days of the Soviet Union. Good times, good times!

Poor ol' Gary Powers was just out for a nice, leisurly, scenic afternoon flight when out of the blue... BANG!

Maybe we can trade the Red Oktober for Powers' U-2?

Guest Retrospect Records
There's always loopholes.  And the Russian stuff i have seen is usually better than most domestic releases in quality and BONUS TRACKS. 

"Dodgy" labels - uh no. 

If you are such "price liberator" why dont you sell them with Buy it now for $5, but instead misrepresent them as originals and enjoy seeing people outbidding themselves to the full CD price and beyond... <_<

Now THAT'S getting it in the  :butt:

And how much the artists get from the licensed releases? $0.01 perhaps, if any...

BUY IT NOW AT $5?? NO WAY - I WOULD LOSE MONEY.

It's not my place to worry about how much artists make from the licensed releases...i know that all those labels like MTM , Frontiers and SPV screw over their artists by basically giving them an advance and then NEVER forking out royalties.

Terry from XYZ hasn't received any royalty checks from MTM and Carmine Appice has also received nothing from SPV. How do i know? Because i am in a band with both those guys.

Educate yourself about the industry before passing judgements.

Guest Retrospect Records

Quite frankly , i could give 2 squats what you think. I have a 99.7% positive feedback rating and over 43,000 happy campers , so i really don't know why you would think i'd care what your opinion is.

As a seller , i am happy that i am providing quality music to people who don't have $20-$25 to pay for an import.

I am helping keeping the scene alive and that means more than anything else.

Everyone has a choice - to buy or not to buy.

Now STFU.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Antan7 is NLARU'd :blink: Not that I had a problem with getting anything from him, but my guess is that he got busted for selling Russian Pressed cd's :nyanya: