STEEL PANTHER new album 2019

AlphaMale

9 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Posted those for Glen!

let's get high is the same subject matter as Tomorrow Night.

but that's where the comparison ends. 

Tomorrow night is an awesome melodic rock song with clever lyrics , killer riff, and solo.

new song unfortunately isn't. 

I guess it is better than the singles, tho that's not saying much ;)

as for the other song. Zzz zzz.

Edited by Glen

seriously I just put on Balls Out.

Some of those songs are pure brilliance.

Gold Digging Whore basically anhiallates this whole album on its own

what a tune :bowdown:

• 1 month later...

I'm very lukewarm on it. It's not terrible, imo, but there's very few keepers on it. :( Only two, in fact. 'Always Gonna Be a Ho' is a very cool tune, and up with usual standards. Sadly, the rockers aren't really. But I do also like the closing ballad, 'Ain't Buying What You're Selling.' Not amazing, but a cool enough tune. Wish there were more good tunes though... 

• 1 month later...

I haven't got to this yet.
mainly because I have no real drive to get to it.
Always Gonna Be A Ho I've seen and like.
Heavy Metal Rules I saw today and hated (except for the eye candy in the clip)

Not sure what all the sooking is about.
I called it a few years ago - they should have done a more serious album while they got it together properly for a new novelty album.
But the novelty was always going to wear off.
For me I still find a few nice tunes, but less and less off each album as time moves on.

1 minute ago, CureTheSane said:

I haven't got to this yet.
mainly because I have no real drive to get to it.
Always Gonna Be A Ho I've seen and like.
Heavy Metal Rules I saw today and hated (except for the eye candy in the clip)

Not sure what all the sooking is about.
I called it a few years ago - they should have done a more serious album while they got it together properly for a new novelty album.
But the novelty was always going to wear off.
For me I still find a few nice tunes, but less and less off each album as time moves on.

Nah mate, it's not that at all, imo. If these songs on the new album had generic lyrics, you seriously think they'd be better than they are? Has nothing to do with the lyrics for me. Sadly, the songs just aren't very good at the moment, but I still have hope they can turn it around. I love that they stick to their guns because the fans (and there are plenty) love it. They just need to find their groove again when they were writing killer tune after killer tune. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Nah mate, it's not that at all, imo. If these songs on the new album had generic lyrics, you seriously think they'd be better than they are? Has nothing to do with the lyrics for me. Sadly, the songs just aren't very good at the moment, but I still have hope they can turn it around. I love that they stick to their guns because the fans (and there are plenty) love it. They just need to find their groove again when they were writing killer tune after killer tune. 

The rut I see them in is basically being controlled by the subject matter.
I guess to a degree they are stifled with Ralph's voice. He doesn't have much variety in his vocals.
But yeah, they'd need to try some diversity to the msuic for it to be more worthwhile (either smutty songs, of 'proper' songs)
But I'd say they are simply following the formula.
I guess we all need to remember that this is their income source, and if people are buying, they need to keep the dollars coming in.
Most people on this forum is pretty discerning and have high expectations.
A lot of the meat heads out there will be happy to hear some four letter words and dirty lyrics.

Edited by CureTheSane

3 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

The rut I see them in is basically being controlled by the subject matter.
I guess to a degree they are stifled with Ralph's voice. He doesn't have much variety in his vocals.
But yeah, they'd need to try some diversity to the msuic for it to be more worthwhile (either smutty songs, of 'proper' songs)
But I'd say they are simply following the formula.
I guess we all need to remember that this is their income source, and if people are buying, they need to keep the dollars coming in.
Most people on this forum is pretty discerning and have high expectations.
A lot of the meat heads out there will be happy to hear some four letter words and dirty lyrics.

I just don't think they're any more restricted or confined than any other artist with their subject matters. 

If these songs were good catchy songs on the new album, the lyrics would be totally fine with me. But my brain is beef mince, so maybe that explains why. ;)  

I don't mind the repetition and as Geoff mentions if SP could still spin a yarn like in the past then they'd still be appreciated by the likes of us.

We talked about it but it seems like some of the stuff is phoned in and just doesn't have the same edge or doesn't resonate like previous tunes.

• 3 months later...