Avantasia - Moonglow

• My Little Pony

Nobody on here likes them anymore. My brother just got it, so I'll have to steal it from him. The samples sounded pretty good. 

Rubbish album. However, strangely, I do like the cover of 'Maniac.' Even though it's been covered 18,986 times, this is probably the best cover I've heard. 

Ironically, the only other good song on the thing is a wonderful bonus track. Usually I'd say why on earth is the only good song on here a bonus track?! But I actually genuinely understand it in this case. It's the only good song because it's the only in it's style. A pure, catchy and super melodic song. Kind of sounds a bit like WET to me. 

The rest is just bland, boring over-long power metal. 

personally I really like this one and think it's one of TS best releases so far, but who am i ;)

IMO the first 4 songs of Moonglow are very good tracks, however after Ravenchild (best one by light-years) it goes down and down.

The song I dislike more is 'Lavender', for me probably the weakest song of Avantasia EVER. Lavender, Tobias? WTF?

There's also a japanese bonus track named 'Heart' but just okeysh.

In summary, a clear step (or two) below the great 'Ghostlights', though the first 4 tracks are worth of being added to your collection.

Just getting around to listening to this album in its entirety, and IMO this is better and more approachable than most previous efforts. Yes, the songs can get a wee bit lengthy, but The Raven Child, even at 11:14 in lengthy, is a superb piece.