2011 versus 2012 - Battle of the new Decade!

2011 vs 2012 - Battle of a New Decade  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2011 vs 2012

Let the battle begin! 

*Been several years since I threw one of these together; thought I'd see if the current crowd enjoys them! :P

2011 releases on top. 2012 on bottom

I think the majority of the match-ups make some sort of logical sense. :P

6 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

Interesting. It must have taken a while to create. 

Indeed. I usually work on one of these over the course of several days so that I don't get burned out on it. :P

I do enjoy looking at how certain years fare when you compare the various releases from them though. :drink: 

Awesome stuff, Mike... but yeah, if I could make one suggestion it might be cool to have a haven't heard option too as there's about 7 or 8 I haven't heard here either. But. That won't stop me. May as well vote and take a guess on the ones I don't know. ;)

Okay;

1. haven't heard either but I hate Anthrax so surely Overkill were better? Surely...

2. Slash over Bach... which wouldn't happen every day. But that album was better, imo. 

3. That's like asking which way to die is better. Both horrible albums, but Chickenfoot might rate 6% over Van Halen's 5%? ;)

4. Kane Roberts over Alice Cooper, easily and always. Unless Cooper releases a CD in 2018...

5. It wasn't my favourite CL album, but it was better than the HCS one. 

6. Jamison over Journey, easily.

7. I'm offended that POL have 3 votes compared to TH so far. That is sickening. Album of the year in 2011 vs a bottom 5 contender in POL. :(

8. The Magnificent was a good disc (tad over-rated if I'm all together honest - ducks for cover) but this was HEAT at their best. 

9. LA Guns, obviously.

10. Didn't hear Nazareth, obviously, and Aerosmith is shit... but it can't be worse than Nazareth. 

11. For the only time in their career, The Poodles were significantly better than Wig Wam's worst album, by far. 

12. Can't remember either of these, but Queensryche would have been better than Tate. 

13. Didn't hear either, but no doubt Primal Fear would be significantly better.

14. Again, not heard, but I'd assume DT would be significantly better?

15. Not heard again, but Udo? Better than anyone? lol. Good one. Accept would have been eternally better. 

16. Good RS album vs a pretty average JW album - no real contest here.

17. Horrid album from GW and a pretty decent album from WS. Not great... but better than GW by a long way.

18. Pretty weak album from Warrant, fine album from Trixter. Another easy contest. 

19. HOL were still pretty good then, and Gotthard were just starting to not be. :( HOL easily. 

20. Neither of either band's finest moments, but Loverboy for me in a tight one. 

• My Little Pony

Tate Vs Tate was my favourite!

A bunch of these I hadn't heard, so I couldn't vote on all of them, which meant I couldn't submit my ballot. Oh, well. 

1. Overkill

2. Bach

3. Chickenfoot

4. KR

5. Crazy Lixx

6. JJ

7. TH

8. HEAT

9. LA

10. Aerosmith

11. Poodles

12. Queensryche

13. Primal

14. DT

15. Accept 

16. RS

17. WS

18. HOL

19. Trixter

20. NR 

18 hours ago, Geoff said:

Awesome stuff, Mike... but yeah, if I could make one suggestion it might be cool to have a haven't heard option too as there's about 7 or 8 I haven't heard here either. But. That won't stop me. May as well vote and take a guess on the ones I don't know. ;)

I'll definitely include a "Haven't heard either" option on future polls. :drink: 

18 hours ago, Geoff said:

Loverboy for me in a tight one. 

That's what she said....  :P