05. Starlight
06. Sister Moon
07. Right On
08. Lift U Up
09. Heaven
10. Anytime, Anywhere
11. Smoke On The Water
12. Bye Bye Caroline (acoustic version)
13. What I Wouldn't Give (acoustic version)

I quite like that song, but do not understand why if you have Francis Rossi on it, why not let you hear he is on it.

No point having a guest star if you are not even going to allow them to put their unique sound into the song.

9 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Unlike most here who seem to think Gotthard should be exactly as they were with Steve singing, I like the recent stuff and am looking forward to this album.

I loved "Bang!". Didn't like "Silver" very much though.

Cool.
All you can do is listen with an open mind.

With Gotthard, when Steve died, the music was never going to be as it was.
To a degree they became a new band, like Warrant did with new singers, and I try to assess the material without comparing.

On 10/7/2018 at 2:53 AM, CureTheSane said:

Cool.
All you can do is listen with an open mind.

With Gotthard, when Steve died, the music was never going to be as it was.
To a degree they became a new band, like Warrant did with new singers, and I try to assess the material without comparing.

I am not one of those who hated Gotthard post-Steve, in fact I love some of their songs, but I do not see Warrant as a viable comparison.

While Gotthard may have changed their sound a bit, they have done that several times over the years, even with Steve (and yes, so did Warrant). The one thing they did that sets them totally apart from Warrant is Gotthard went out of their way to try and get someone who sounds similar to Steve, Warrant never did that with Jani's replacements.

Gotthard post-Steve still sounds like Gotthard, Warrant post-Jani does not sound like Warrant.

The one thing that they really do both share in common though is they both lost great singers who just so happened to be their main song writer, and that is where they have both suffered somewhat.

Warrant live sounded like Jani pretty well, but the new music was its own.
And I'm ok with that.

To a degree, bringing in a clone and trying to replicate what had worked in the past is doomed to fail.
Not saying that Gotthard did that, Steve's voice was probably less unique than Jani's

21 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

The one thing that they really do both share in common though is they both lost great singers who just so happened to be their main song writer, and that is where they have both suffered somewhat.

That's 100% all of it in a nutshell. 100% about the song writers. 

Warrant without Lane are a completely different band with a quality of song that is so far off what Lane brought to Warrant. Regardless of singers and how different their actual sound is... the main thing was only ever the song writing for me.

And Gotthard is arguably an even greater example of how important the song writer is. Not important, but essential. Soundwise, Gotthard never skipped a beat in terms of their authentic sound. But Steve Lee's death showed in no uncertain terms that he was their song writer and the one that made them a great band. Since his most untimely departure, they've been awful and with Lane and Lee gone, I honestly believe there is never a chance that either band will ever be decent again. :(

Yeah, if you look at some of the bands that have changed singers over the years and still been good, they are usually bands where another member was the main song writer. Motley Crue for instance released a fantastic album after Vince left because Sixx is the main song writer.

Warrant is a band that may have got derided somewhat during their heyday, but it was years later once people got beyond "Cherry Pie" that you could see just how great Lane was as a writer, and had he not gone down the drink and drugs route he did, he could have easily transitioned into a Desmond Child role. I think Jani could have written for almost any style of musician.

• 4 weeks later...