Songs you like but would never admit...

Mafisen

• 2023 Gold Donors
17 minutes ago, Mafisen said:

...outside of heavyharmonies that is. :P

I'll start us off, and damn you if you laugh. :)

Fell In Love With an Alien by The Kelly Family. 

Hadn't heard of them before but I just checked them out on youtube. Great band and great song. Very catchy.

None. I'm proud to admit every song I like, right down to the magnificent 'Everytime' by Britney Spears, or the even more magnificent 'Incomplete' by the Backstreet Boys (as well as their 'I just want you to know' tune). 

But yeah, point is I like a lot of stuff that may embarrass others. Not I. 

Fact, actually. I'd be far more ashamed to admit I like a christian rock/metal song than a girly pop song. Eg. I'd openly admit I like a Britney Spears song before admitting I like 'Reason for the season' by Stryper. ;)

• 2023 Gold Donors

I'm with Geoff. My first love is of course, AOR/Hard Rock/Heavy Metal and that's why all of us are here, but there are many, many songs that I love that would be considered taboo on this site. Like the G man, I'm not embarrassed. I'm quite happy to own them all. I heard this one a couple of days ago, so....Exhibit A.

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

I'm with Geoff. My first love is of course, AOR/Hard Rock/Heavy Metal and that's why all of us are here, but there are many, many songs that I love that would be considered taboo on this site. Like the G man, I'm not embarrassed. I'm quite happy to own them all. I heard this one a couple of days ago, so....Exhibit A.

This immediately comes to mind

Just songs or bands in general? As a teenager was a huge fan of Backstreet Boys and a few other boy bands. 

• My Little Pony

I'm not embarrassed by any of my musical tastes. Quite the opposite, actually. I'm the asshole who blasts his music on the job site, sun up to sun down. 

2 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I'm not embarrassed by any of my musical tastes. Quite the opposite, actually. I'm the asshole who blasts his music on the job site, sun up to sun down. 

:agree:

• 2 weeks later...

I remember I used to be embarassed to admit i liked ABBA, but then I was embarassed to admit to liking anything when I was a teenager. Took me a while to admit to loving the tracks from Jesus Christ Superstar too for some reason but they're actually awesome some of them

Yeah I thought of a song I won't really admit to, especially to my daughter who loves him (and because I regularly ridicule him)

But I like that Ed Sheeran song where he sings to song girl