Forgotten Hard Rock Albums : Wild Boyz "Unleashed"

AlphaMale

Another in my series of forgotten hard rock CDs. Today's forgotten gem is 1991's "Unleashed!" by the band WILD BOYZ. A band that was featured on the Rock On The Rise section of Metal Edge magazines bvack in the day, I anxiously awaited for my local record store to have this. And disappoint it did not!

Some of my favorites:

Found this CD in a boot fair years ago and bought it on the strength of their image and how cheap it was.

Didn't stay in my collection for long that as it all sounded a bit amateur.

I did like a couple of songs, and Pleasure and pain is a fantastic song though.

My only regret is when I traded it in or sold it, I had no idea how much it would go on to be worth as I barely got back what I paid for it.

Another blast from the past :) remember liking this one a bit better than some of you guys, agree on the amateur ref on the sound but I think that adds to the charm for most parts.

Had the tape back in the day, now I only have the mp3. Good album.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is looking to get this on cd but doesn't want to pay the high price for the original, Demon Doll Records has just re-issued the album, re-mastered, silver pressed, officially licensed with an 8 page booklet.

• 2 years later...
On 2/12/2018 at 8:49 AM, Captain Howdy said:

Found this CD in a boot fair years ago and bought it on the strength of their image and how cheap it was.

Didn't stay in my collection for long that as it all sounded a bit amateur.

I did like a couple of songs, and Pleasure and pain is a fantastic song though.

My only regret is when I traded it in or sold it, I had no idea how much it would go on to be worth as I barely got back what I paid for it.

Wild Boyz recorded, Unleashed! For about $10K. That’s about 1/50th of Wildside’s debut at the same time. That said, Wild Boyz were the single-largest unsigned act in Hollywood at the time. I also believe Wild Boyz sold about 250K albums worldwide, Wildside did not.