Jump to content

Dokken Members Form New Project Without Don Dokken


Mr.AOR
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2021 Gold Donors
On 29/11/2017 at 7:33 PM, Mr.AOR said:

OMG!!! The members of Dokken with Robert Mason on lead vocals. You just made my day mate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd be excited if they were really going for that vintage Dokken/early Lynch Mob style, but George and Jeff have unfortunately disappointed me with some of the prior collaborations without Don.  That said, I'll check it out if it ends up getting released next year as I do like Mason and George used to be one of my favorite guitar players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2021 Gold Donors

I'm expecting something in the "REvolution" style. Dokken/Lynch Mob, but with a heavier, darker twist. If they decide to go with a more melodic style ala the second Lynch Mob album then that would be great also. I love that album.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it is done more in the style of classic Dokken/Lynch Mob, then with Mason on vocals it will sound like Warrant part 2.

They have to make it sound different, whether that be heavier or more modern, otherwise you will have two very similar sounding bands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

If it is done more in the style of classic Dokken/Lynch Mob, then with Mason on vocals it will sound like Warrant part 2.

They have to make it sound different, whether that be heavier or more modern, otherwise you will have two very similar sounding bands.

Agreed. While I like Mason's vocals, everything begins to sound the same if the backing tracks aren't varied enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, shamus said:

Agreed. While I like Mason's vocals, everything begins to sound the same if the backing tracks aren't varied enough.

I love Mason's vocals but everything he sings in seems to be a bit samey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2021 Gold Donors
4 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I love Mason's vocals but everything he sings in seems to be a bit samey.

I agree, but the word i'd use is "reliable". It's gonna be a pseudo Lynch Mob album for sure. The only question is what direction they'll take. I'm biased, but I'm optimistic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.