Dokken Members Form New Project Without Don Dokken

Mr.AOR

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 29/11/2017 at 7:33 PM, Mr.AOR said:

OMG!!! The members of Dokken with Robert Mason on lead vocals. You just made my day mate. 

I'd be excited if they were really going for that vintage Dokken/early Lynch Mob style, but George and Jeff have unfortunately disappointed me with some of the prior collaborations without Don.  That said, I'll check it out if it ends up getting released next year as I do like Mason and George used to be one of my favorite guitar players.

• 2023 Gold Donors

I'm expecting something in the "REvolution" style. Dokken/Lynch Mob, but with a heavier, darker twist. If they decide to go with a more melodic style ala the second Lynch Mob album then that would be great also. I love that album.

If it is done more in the style of classic Dokken/Lynch Mob, then with Mason on vocals it will sound like Warrant part 2.

They have to make it sound different, whether that be heavier or more modern, otherwise you will have two very similar sounding bands.

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

If it is done more in the style of classic Dokken/Lynch Mob, then with Mason on vocals it will sound like Warrant part 2.

They have to make it sound different, whether that be heavier or more modern, otherwise you will have two very similar sounding bands.

Agreed. While I like Mason's vocals, everything begins to sound the same if the backing tracks aren't varied enough.

7 hours ago, shamus said:

Agreed. While I like Mason's vocals, everything begins to sound the same if the backing tracks aren't varied enough.

I love Mason's vocals but everything he sings in seems to be a bit samey.

• 2023 Gold Donors
4 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I love Mason's vocals but everything he sings in seems to be a bit samey.

I agree, but the word i'd use is "reliable". It's gonna be a pseudo Lynch Mob album for sure. The only question is what direction they'll take. I'm biased, but I'm optimistic.