Jump to content
grissolm

Hardcore Superstar - Have Mercy On Me

Recommended Posts

Yeah I missed a zero :)

Looks like the Philippines is back on as an option.
If we end up in the US, I'll spend time there with the boys and then when they leave I'll head out somewhere for work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Yeah I missed a zero :)

Looks like the Philippines is back on as an option.
If we end up in the US, I'll spend time there with the boys and then when they leave I'll head out somewhere for work.

If it's just for a weekend, why not just up the coast in Australia, lol? It's crazy to go anywhere overseas - US, Phillipines or NZ - for a weekend. Crazy. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm super exited about this album. HCSS has been through so many musical styles, and most of them are cool, but I definitely like them better when they sound like this. I haven't really liked any of their albums (some good songs here and there, but thats it) since Split Your Lip, but these new songs sounds like the HCSS I love. I really hope they'll go on a big tour for this album, all the times I've seen them live has been true chaos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Geoff said:

If it's just for a weekend, why not just up the coast in Australia, lol? It's crazy to go anywhere overseas - US, Phillipines or NZ - for a weekend. Crazy. ;)

Well it would be a long weekend, so probably 4 days.
But in the end I'll just extend it to what I need to make it worthwhile and do my own thing if they bail early.
But yeah, I agree, hard to understand how they might want to pay the $$$ and spend the time for such a short trip...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sheila said:

I'm super exited about this album. HCSS has been through so many musical styles, and most of them are cool, but I definitely like them better when they sound like this. I haven't really liked any of their albums (some good songs here and there, but thats it) since Split Your Lip, but these new songs sounds like the HCSS I love. I really hope they'll go on a big tour for this album, all the times I've seen them live has been true chaos. 

Welsome sheila,

I wish is was seeing them in a few weeks. Timing sucks.
They'd be awesome live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, sheila said:

I'm super exited about this album. HCSS has been through so many musical styles, and most of them are cool, but I definitely like them better when they sound like this. I haven't really liked any of their albums (some good songs here and there, but thats it) since Split Your Lip, but these new songs sounds like the HCSS I love. I really hope they'll go on a big tour for this album, all the times I've seen them live has been true chaos. 

Yeah, same here. Split Your Lip was classic but since they are downwards. Hope the new one will deliver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

judging by the songs so far I doubt it's going to deliver.

probably be better than the last pile of dross but this stuff is a mile off Split, dreamin, beg imo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2018 at 9:37 PM, Glen said:

judging by the songs so far I doubt it's going to deliver.

probably be better than the last pile of dross but this stuff is a mile off Split, dreamin, beg imo 

You know what? I hated the last album too but I just listened to it after almost three years and I liked 7 songs out of 10. It seems it magically grew on me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2018 at 3:42 AM, CureTheSane said:

Welsome sheila,

I wish is was seeing them in a few weeks. Timing sucks.
They'd be awesome live.

Thank you! Yeah, they're a great live-band. Too bad you won't be able to see them :( its their first time in Australia, isn't it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought they'd been here before.
If they have, I didn't see them at the time.

Hopefully they'll be back soon.
Would have made a road trip to another state, but I'm OS for the full tour...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whatever happened to this band. They had a run of at least 4 totally awesome albums. And then this shit :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Song sounds OK.

I find myself biased against HCSS after their last album.
Not sure why. Other bands have released a flop and I've gone back without any problems.

Gonna have to listen to this album when I am open to it otherwise I'll just pick through it.
Would be better if they had a proper killer song up first.

Edit: I typed as I was listening. By the end of the song I quite liked it, and see hope.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God this album is shit.

I skipped nearly every song. 

The sound is better but the songs are just weird, hookless drivel.

RIP 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to chuckle whilst listening to the last song. Lyrics were spot on....

we need to stop.

Goodbye to all of you.

 

 

I AGREE. PLEASE STOP ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Glen said:

God this album is shit.

I skipped nearly every song. 

The sound is better but the songs are just weird, hookless drivel.

RIP 

Yep sadly agree

The old sound seems to be back but the songs are rubbish

Tried giving it a few listens but have ended up listening to c'mon take on me

    What a band these guys were :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you got your killers and fillers mixed up lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminds me of their previous one. The half of the album is OK after a few spins (or years ;)) but basically a letdown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like I've always had a different view on this band than most folk here. Because of my modern rock leanings, I was listening to these guys when they were a shitty, pointless band, so when that s/t album hit it was all like, oh that's a cool surprise bonus from a shit band. Then they went on a good run before crashing back down to earth with that last pile of dog shit. But through it all, I just viewed them as that awful band that had inexplicably and completely unexpectedly come good. So it was all just a bonus. 

Anyway, that all leads to me not being as harsh on this new album as you guys. Because yeah, it's not as good as their prime, but it beats the shit out of the last album, and of course their early stuff. So it's somewhere in the middle of their discography. I quite like 'Electric Rider,' 'My Sanctuary,' 'You Can't Kill My Rock N' Roll,' 'The Others,' and 'Have Mercy On Me.' They're all cool songs. Unfortunately, after that it goes pear shaped and in the end just ends up an average album. Not bad, imo... just average.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the issue is they have been on the decline since Split Your Lip.

yes there are a few good songs but compared to Dreamin & Beg the album is really weak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.