All I Know - Vanity Kills

Mr.AOR

• 2023 Gold Donors

It's a typo, isn't it?

Doubt it,they offer payment plans for it? :fun_84:

lol. Really? Wow.

The sad thing is there are 2 watchers...

Amazon has this seller and another seller right around the same price

Insane...

Surely the watchers just want to see what happens? ;)

It's a typo, isn't it?

lol. Really? Wow.

Yip indeed,its $118 dollars a month for 24months!!! :screwy:

wouldn't let mine go for anything less than $120 per month :tsk: lol

It's a typo, isn't it?

lol. Really? Wow.

Yip indeed,its $118 dollars a month for 24months!!! :screwy:

wouldn't let mine go for anything less than $120 per month :tsk: lol

lol.

I should put my copy up for half of what they are asking and see if it sells...lol....not a big fan of it anyway....

Lol. I love the CD, but jeezus wept. I'd sell it for a hell of a lot less than half of that. ;)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0046B8E0C/ref=sr_1_2_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1505382008&sr=8-2&keywords=vanity+kills

Its also over $2500 on Amazon.

This should be impossible in this age. I bought this album digitally on eMusic a few years back for $5 (it's not there anymore.. just checked ), so there was a proper MP3 release. Why is there ever a reason for a mp3 release to go away? It's not like Amazon or iTunes would charge to keep the album in their store (would they?) so any sales would be gravy

What am I missing?

• 4 years later...

MzEtNzkxNi5qcGVn.jpeg

This is getting a Deluxe Edition treatment by MelodicRock Classics.

Press release:

ALL I KNOW are back!

Before the band move onto new recordings and new music, due at the end of the year, they will first revisit their acclaimed and long out of print debut album ‘Vanity Kills’, presenting it to fans once again in a Deluxe Edition CD, limited to 1000 units worldwide plus for the first time ever – 100 coloured LPs available directly from the band.

‘Vanity Kills’ made a huge splash when released via MRR in 2010, with the 1000 unit pressing selling out quickly. Just who are ALL I KNOW?

What happens when 4 young guns go through their parents' record collection ? There are those with bad luck who end up with LP's by Jean-Michel Jarre, Samantha Fox or Nana Mouskouri. The more fortunate ones strike gold and discover classic albums by Def Leppard, Billy Idol, Van Halen or Poison. Back in the eighties these bands were all part of the hard rock wave coming over from the United States. All I Know pick up where these classic bands left off. On their first full length album "Vanity Kills" they wear their influences on their sleeves. Let yourself be swept away by blistering guitar-attacks, thundering drums and big choruses!

All I Know, from Kortrijk, Belgium, have been playing and writing since 2005 and worked during that time on their debut album, which was pressed independently by the band in 2009 and sold online or at their live shows. In early 2010 the band were selected out of 1000 bands for the final round of Belgium's most important rock contest, Humo's Rock Rally 2010, organized by one of Belgium's biggest magazines, 'Humo'. A huge percentage of all successful Belgian rock bands have made their name through this contest. AIK did not reach the semi-finals, because according to the jury, no one is waiting for the next Bon Jovi! But All I Know proud to be the only band representing the genre, and is sticking to its guns!

Despite approaching a number of well known and smaller labels, the band could not secure a deal for a wider release of their album. Something which shocked MelodicRock Classics owner Andrew McNeice: "I was stunned the band had an album of this quality sitting on the shelf. I couldn't believe that here was something I knew would have huge appeal to my own site audience and no one would take a chance on it. I took it up myself to shop the album to the labels I knew and when I couldn't get them a deal either! I knew at that point it was time to do things myself. And from that point I knew All I Know would be one of the first bands to be released on my label." The MRR label was subsequently sold and the new reissue label MRC formed.

The band took a break for a few years, regrouping now with a renewed focus on delivering quality melodic rock and reaffirming their commitment to play live, having already booked new gigs for the year ahead.

All I Know's sound sees them mix up the best influences of Bryan Adams, Van Stephenson, REO Speedwagon and Bon Jovi.

All I Know ‘Vanity Kills’ Line-Up was: Ward Dufraimont (Lead Vocals/Guitar), Michaël Neyt (Guitar/Vocals), Amély Mondy (Bass).

The Deluxe Edition CD sees all material from the debut album recording and demo sessions wrapped up into one package, closing the chapter of this band’s history.

The CD track Listing is:

2008/2010 ORIGINAL ALBUM

01. All Night Long

02. Bad Boy

03. Asphyxia

04. Rain (2010 Beau Hill Remix)

05. Turn Back Time

06. I Need You

07. Into Your Heart

08. I Wanna Rock You

09. Sweet 17

10. Teenage Queen

11. All The Way

12. Hope And Dreams

2022 DELUXE EDITION BONUS TRACKS

13. Only You (Compilation Track)

14. Consume Me (Compilation Track)

15. Running Away (Compilation Track)

16. My Time (2008 Outtake)

17. All Night Long (2007 Demo)

18. I Need You (2007 Demo)

19. Sweet 17 (Summer 2007 Demo)

20. Asphyxia (Summer 2007 Demo)

21. Make Belief (June 2007 Demo)

22. And Nothing But The Truth (June 2007 Demo)

23. Rain (2008 Original Mix)

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 2

Nice to see em back,enjoyed Vanity Kills quite a bit....some really good tunes on it...here's hoping the new material at the end of the year is similar.