Car Air Filters

nyoilers

• 2023 Gold Donors

I remember when I had to replace an air filter in my car.Just open the hood,unscrew the wingnut that was literally right in front of you,remove the old filter and put the new one in(which cost around $8.)Pretty easy.Now,I just had an air filter replaced in my Suzuki and it cost $45.00 !To try to do it by myself I would need lock picks like Harry Houdini to open where the air filter is !

I remember when I had to replace an air filter in my car.Just open the hood,unscrew the wingnut that was literally right in front of you,remove the old filter and put the new one in(which cost around $8.)Pretty easy.Now,I just had an air filter replaced in my Suzuki and it cost $45.00 !To try to do it by myself I would need lock picks like Harry Houdini to open where the air filter is !

LOL, so true.

Have you ever tried to find the elusive "cabin air filter"???

• My Little Pony

For the last decade, at least, automobiles have been designed so that the common folk cannot fix even the simplest of problems. I remember when they first started removing oil drain plugs. I knew then it was only gonna get worse.

• 2023 Gold Donors

LOL, so true.

No I haven'tWhy would the cabin need an air filter?

LOL, so true.

No I haven'tWhy would the cabin need an air filter?

Our 2001 Highlander and come to think of it the 1999 Passat before that had them.

Apparently it "filters" the air that you suck into the cabin for heating and cooling. Of course it can create a light and/or an error code if it is gummed up as all those magical air hoses under the hood are all connected pushing air about.

I suspect it is another way to get you to the shop and spend another $30 buck on a filter.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Ouch ! I remember years ago having to get the heater core replaced.It was somewhere near the glove compartment.What a pain in the ass that was !

• 2 weeks later...

An oil change for my 2010 Honda was 45$. I went last month for my first oil change with my new to me 2016 Honda...same model as the 2010.....80$!

• 3 weeks later...

Cost my daughter $100

Because she didn't ring me to relay what they said. She used Kmart Tyre & Auto and they scammed her.

What she got from them was that they were cleaning the 'engine' because it was clogged up and sluggish.
Utter bullshit, and I did what anyone who has an issue does - left a bad Google review to warn others.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Cost my daughter $100

Because she didn't ring me to relay what they said. She used Kmart Tyre & Auto and they scammed her.

What she got from them was that they were cleaning the 'engine' because it was clogged up and sluggish.

Utter bullshit, and I did what anyone who has an issue does - left a bad Google review to warn others.

The bastards took advantage of her !

Yeah, but all she had to do was let me know that they'd called her, passed on the info and I would have either instructed her not top let them do it, or called them myself.

Sadly, kids don't learn from this, and the same thing will happen again with something else.

As a parent you can only do so much before they have to start learning from their mistakes....