Top 5 80's European Hard Rock bands that never went Gold in the U.

ResedaCountryClub

http://www.spreaker.com/user/4769264/ha ... episode-92

The segment starts at the 01.22 mark.

Here's the list of bands that I came up with: Top 5 80’s European Hard Rock bands that never went Gold in the U.S. (There are a lot more, but these are the ones I looked up.)

The Almighty
Bonfire
Bronz
D-A-D
Diamond Head
Electric Boys
Girl
Girlschool
Gorky Park
Gun
Hanoi Rocks
Heavy Pettin
Little Angels
Mama’s Boys
MSG
Pretty Maids
Raven
Rock Goddess
Samson
Saxon
Sleeze Beez
Stage Dolls
Tank
TNT
Treat
Tygers of Pan Tang
Vandenberg
Warlock
Waysted
Wolfsbane

Well, apart from Europe and Def Leppard, which European bands did actually go gold from the 80s?

Scorpions and Accept

Not very suprised by any of the names above except maybe Pretty Maids or Bonfire. Could have imagined one of them getting at least one gold record back in the day

Well, apart from Europe and Def Leppard, which European bands did actually go gold from the 80s?

Scorpions and Accept

Not very suprised by any of the names above except maybe Pretty Maids or Bonfire. Could have imagined one of them getting at least one gold record back in the day

Not at all surprised about Pretty Maids... my two most likely from the list would have been Bonfire (with 'Hard on me' and the 'Point Blank album) and Sleez Beez (with 'Stranger than paradise' and the 'Screwed...' album). But when you think about hit seriously, there's no way in the world they would ever have sold enough to be certified gold in the US, so in all honesty... none of the list surprises me one bit. My question was genuine, about how few would actually have done it. Scorpions is a good call.

Pink Cream 69 would be a good band to put in the missed out list too... unless they're not there because they did go gold in the US? Surely not??

Oh, and what's with this dude doing top 5 lists with about 50 bands? ;)

• My Little Pony

I thought for sure Gorky Park might have been able to secure a Gold off the strength of "Bang." Didn't they tour US quite extensively in support of the debut?

• My Little Pony

Oh, and what's with this dude doing top 5 lists with about 50 bands? ;)

Yeah, I was gonna say his maths was off.

Again. ;}

I thought for sure Gorky Park might have been able to secure a Gold off the strength of "Bang." Didn't they tour US quite extensively in support of the debut?

Imagine a shit album like that did go gold over all the bands mentioned in this thread, as well as the ones not mentioned (like Casanova, Fate etc). That album was pretty easy to find back when they still sold CDs, and that's always a good gauge as to how big a band may have been... but they were far to shit to "make it." ;)

Not sure who went gold or not but these are the bands I know were getting some attention on MTV headbangers ball.

TNT

Sleeze Beez

D.A.D.

MSG

Stage Dolls

Electric Boys

Gorky Park

Hanoi Rocks

Warlock

The Almighty

These two I only remember seeing one video

Bonfire - Sword and Stone - did get played a few times though

This was more of a promotion of the shocker soundtrack

But luckily our music store did have their cassettes available for purchase.

Great band that should of been much bigger in the U.S.

Little Angels
I know they played Boneyard at least once
I think one of the magazines gave a good article on them which is what got my interest.

• My Little Pony

Gorgy Park. I am fairly confident I know not one song of theirs. And I suspect I should keep it that way?

Most will say yes in regards to their debut, though I like it, but you really ought to check out their second album. And then ignore everything after.

I'm really surprised at The Almighty getting played on MTV. Couple of decent tunes but certainly nothing special.

I think it was Free 'N Easy they played all the time. Which I never thought was that great. Never heard any of their albums though.

It's a shit song. If they pushed 'Bandaged Knees' off their second album they might have had a chance... until people heard the rest of their albums. That was one great song from an otherwise very average band. 'Jesus Loves You... But I Don't' from their 3rd album deserves a mention too - cool tune.