Jace Pawlak - Promise (2016)

AlphaMale

Can't believe there isn't a thread here for this fantastic album on Kivel Records.

http://www.melodicrock.com/articles/reviews/2016/10/17/jace-pawlak-promise-review

jacepawlak-promise.jpg?itok=Eeusjy82

Well respected and popular singer/songwriter Jace Pawlak has been busier making other artists sound great in recent times, giving his solo name a back seat. But with promise, Jace roars back to life and puts his name into the forefront of people’ minds and dare I say, onto some ‘Best MelodicRock album’ lists for 2016.

Making Promise a family affair, Jace performs vocals, keyboards, bass and drums as well as enlisting Dad Dennis as well as little brother Trevor for some additional guitar parts. Mr. Busy, Eric Ragno joins in the fun on a couple of tracks.

This is a stellar album it has to be said. Ty Sims co-produces and mixes the album, which is why it sounds so good and the songs are nothing short of melodic ear candy.

Jace’s vocals are spot on – his higher register tone may not appeal to all, but anyone that owns and appreciates Rob Moratti/Final Frontier or Rockarma/Damon Kelly should have no problem with Jace.

Plus you’ve got the bonus of 10 catchy classic melodic rock / AOR style songs to grab hold of.

Highlights are many – there’s no fillers here. But to showcase a few of the songs – the opening anthem Tonight Is Everything rules; the moody Can’t Find Your Heart is one of the best mid-tempo melodic songs of the year; the Foreigner-esque ballad Nothing But Rain is haunting; Before You Run has one of the bigger choruses this year and Every Now And Then is a stand out ballad.

Great production, pure 80s AOR with a modern production and some truly memorable classic style songs that should impress most fans of the genre in its purest and most loved form.

Don’t make this album an only child Jace!

Excellent album throughout, pretty much a no brainer for most peeps on here. Very nice guy too.

I agree. Jason is very cool and does a bunch of Facebook Live videos showing his CD collection and favorite bands studio disc rankings.

Killer CD with absolutely ZERO filler.

Here are my ratings:

Tonight Is Everything 9.5/10

Before You Run 8.5/10

Every Now And Then 9.0/10

Too Late 8.5/10

Trying Not To Love You 9.5/10

Waiting 8.5/10

Leap Of Faith 9.5/10

Late On Loving You 9.0/10

Can't Find Your Heart 8.5/10

Nothing But Rain 9.5/10

Total: 90%

Heard it tonight. Real nice. Definitely no weak spots... just a collection of very nice (sometimes safe) AOR. Very good disc.

Haha, why on earth has Mr Kivel himself not been pushing this? Sounds excellent!

Hey Geoff

Ive been pushing this just as hard as all of our recent releases and was one of our main featured titles on our table /booth at Rock N Skull last month.

We LOVE Jace here are Kivel Records and is one of our biggest assets as well as closest friend. Glad you like the CD. IMHO this is his best album to date.

Thanks for always supporting our bands and releases. Always appreciate the input.

Have a Merry Christmas!

I remember i heard 'Leap of Faith' somewhere before, turns out it appeared on GOODBYE THRILL album, and that song was actually written by Jace in the first place. Good tune and overall a solid album too, better than his CHASING MAGIC release i guess

• 4 months later...

I was late to the party on this one... but typically nice, polite AOR, kind of in the style of The Storm... albeit a few tiers lower. ;)

• 5 months later...