Hi.

tech12z

Hi Heavy Harmonies crew!

Confession: my original interest in hard rock and AOR was its cash/trade value. I'm primarily interested in reggae/funk/soul records, and I realized that I could sell/trade my "heavy" CDs for stuff I'm more interested in. That, of course, lead me to the Reference section of this website.

But eventually I started listening to the CDs I was trading/selling, and it started getting harder and harder to give them up -- turns out I actually enjoy a lot of heavier sounds! At this point, I've got a small-but-growing personal collection of CDs, and I actively collect private/self-released local (i.e., Toronto and Canadian) heavies.

Really looking forward to learning from you folks and getting put on to new sounds. Maybe I'll be able to share some new info/sounds, too!

• My Little Pony

Well, then, you need to get into the Funk Metal scene. My personal favourites are Electric Boys, Extreme, and Dan Reed Network.

Also, welcome to the asylum. Take your pants off and stay a while.

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome! You dudes are the coolest.

@KarpetRydOFunk: You know, that does make sense in theory, but I never seem to enjoy my funk metal finds! It's one of those things where I like funk and I like the heavy shit, but I don't seem to enjoy watching them make love. Still, I haven't heard the bands you referenced (except for a bit of Extreme), and I'm down to give em a shot!

• My Little Pony

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome! You dudes are the coolest.

@KarpetRydOFunk: You know, that does make sense in theory, but I never seem to enjoy my funk metal finds! It's one of those things where I like funk and I like the heavy shit, but I don't seem to enjoy watching them make love. Still, I haven't heard the bands you referenced (except for a bit of Extreme), and I'm down to give em a shot!

I love Funk, and I love 80's Hard Rock, but I agree that the two put together have resulted in a lot of shit. That said, both Extreme and Electric Boys played a large role in me listening to Hard Rock. You can also check out Mother's Finest. And you should also look into Glenn Hughes; considered the Voice of Rock, the dude has the single most soulful voice in all of Rock and Roll. Probably. ;}