VH1 Classic Cancels "That Metal Show"

Fat Freddy

http://eddietrunk.com/119-an-important-message-to-the-fans-of-that-metal-show/

Praise Jeebus. The Pillsbury Metal Boy's reign of television terror is finally coming to an end.

We are sorry to report that VH1 Classic will not continue to make any new episodes of That Metal Show. It has been an incredible run of eight years, roughly 125 episodes and some really cool specials. The global response to TMS has been simply amazing, and we will be eternally grateful for the support from the rock and metal fans that have showed us so much love. We truly would have never made it as long as we did without you! A huge thanks also to the great crews we had over the years both in NYC and Los Angeles, to our producer Jeff Baumgardner, and to all the executives at VH1. And finally, thanks to the hundreds of artists that joined us on our set, had fun with us, shared their stories and many, many laughs. From the biggest names in rock history, to the up-and-comers: we thank you all for being a part of it.

Of course we very much want to keep That Metal Show alive, and with the blessing of VH1 Classic, we’ve got the keys to the show and are currently searching for a new home. We’re not sure where we’ll land, but we hope to be back in our studio and your living rooms as soon as possible.

I guess this means I can retire my signature pic. :rofl2:

Any particular reason why you dislike him mate ?

I agree with Keef..... that dude is a total POSER!!

^^ Yeah, that pretty much sums it up... :lol:

I tried giving the show a fair shake on more than one occasion, but it never was anything more than "mediocre."

Trunk's know-it-all vibe was irritating (who allowed this guy to become the official spokesperson for our music?), and his two nut-swinger sidekicks were useless.

By and large the show got the same has-been guests year after year after year (even tho they rarely had anything new to say), the "interviews" were full of softball questions with no real insight, and the "Top 5" and "Stump the Trunk" segments were just ... embarrassing.

So in the immortal words of Mr. Horse from "Ren & Stimpy," "no sir... I don't like it." Won't miss it either.

• My Little Pony

He has been "host" to m3..... he's such an annoying turd.

Yuuup! And on the MOR Cruise. Seeing him in person only confirmed what I thought of him.

It sucks for him to lose his show, and all his pole jockeys will be disappointed, but I'm not losing any sleep.

So in the immortal words of Mr. Horse from "Ren & Stimpy," "no sir... I don't like it." Won't miss it either.

I have no idea what this show is or who this guy is, but I do know what this is and I therefore lol'd heartily.

54dd869d5b836.jpg

A good mate of mine got me the complete Ren & Stimpy all-season box set for Christmas. I was happy. Yes sir, I do like it.

• My Little Pony

I was rather indifferent on the guy. At least he liked metal. That's gotta count for something.

Yeah, but I like Metal, and I'm an asshole. So your point is moot.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

VH1 Classic itself is no more, it's rebranded to MTV Classic now...I wonder if that had anything to do with cancellation?

VH1's Top 20 Countdown was also cancelled after 20 years.... now they have stupid reality shows, sad

Looks like the rebranding to MTV Classic has been an epic dumpster fire. (from Wikipedia)

Three days leading up to January 1, 2017, MTV Classic aired 24-hour block "Decade-a-thons" consisting of music videos from the 1980s leading up to the 2000s. Afterwards, MTV Classic unveiled a new automated all-video schedule, with all of the older MTV and VH1 Classic series content removed. As of the end of 2016, the channel was the least-watched English-language channel on all of American cable, averaging only 30–35,000 viewers on an average night in primetime (a decline of nearly a third from the already-low numbers VH1 Classic had netted in 2015), which was likely a factor in the network quickly abandoning their new format after five months. As of the end of May 2017, its numbers have slipped even further to an average of 14,000 viewers per night, only ahead of the moribund Esquire Network and beIN Sports, which at that time of the year is in its non-prime sports season. Even those low numbers were halved by the end of July 2017, as that month's ratings showed it averaging 7,000 viewers per night, ahead of only the beIN networks.

VH1 Classic itself is no more, it's rebranded to MTV Classic now...I wonder if that had anything to do with cancellation?

VH1's Top 20 Countdown was also cancelled after 20 years.... now they have stupid reality shows, sad

Looks like the rebranding to MTV Classic has been an epic dumpster fire. (from Wikipedia)

Three days leading up to January 1, 2017, MTV Classic aired 24-hour block "Decade-a-thons" consisting of music videos from the 1980s leading up to the 2000s. Afterwards, MTV Classic unveiled a new automated all-video schedule, with all of the older MTV and VH1 Classic series content removed. As of the end of 2016, the channel was the least-watched English-language channel on all of American cable, averaging only 30–35,000 viewers on an average night in primetime (a decline of nearly a third from the already-low numbers VH1 Classic had netted in 2015), which was likely a factor in the network quickly abandoning their new format after five months. As of the end of May 2017, its numbers have slipped even further to an average of 14,000 viewers per night, only ahead of the moribund Esquire Network and beIN Sports, which at that time of the year is in its non-prime sports season. Even those low numbers were halved by the end of July 2017, as that month's ratings showed it averaging 7,000 viewers per night, ahead of only the beIN networks.

They got exactly what they deserved.