G'N'R Reunion

nyoilers

I think Matt Sorum will be a part of this so Adler is out of the equation and I think Izzy is probably gonna join em for couple or more songs as he did several years back, and probably Sebastian Bach will be on stage too.

Well, for what it's worth, Axl and Slash together is basically enough to draw the attention :D

Surely Adler would kill for the chance to be a part of this, but are we to assume he was not invited to the party?

For the record, I feel like Duff's a pretty vital part of the equation too.

According to the Pulse of Radio, via Blabbermouth, the reunion tour would not feature all of the original members… there will be no Izzy Stradlin (who is quite the recluse) or drummer Steven Adler (whose entire life has been leading up to this disappointment) or even drummer Matt Sorum. The reunion will only be Axl Rose, Slash and bassist Duff McKagan.

As for who would round out the band… it would be current GNR guitarist Richard Fortus and drummer Frank Ferrer as well as long-time keyboardist Dizzy Reed.

Steven Adler (whose entire life has been leading up to this disappointment)

:rofl2: It's funny cuz it's true!

Surely 99% of people are only fussed about Axl/Slash ??

True, and with Duff on board too, no reason to pay attention to the others although I love if Izzy and Gilby can share the stage for 3-4 songs. This is like the Chicago Bulls 1990-91 situation, Axl/Slash is Jordan/Pippen, Duff is Horace Grant, Izzy is Paxson and Adler is Cartwright, well I think Bulls will still be champion if Paxson and Cartwright were traded off :D

True, and with Duff on board too, no reason to pay attention to the others although I love if Izzy and Gilby can share the stage for 3-4 songs. This is like the Chicago Bulls 1990-91 situation, Axl/Slash is Jordan/Pippen, Duff is Horace Grant, Izzy is Paxson and Adler is Cartwright, well I think Bulls will still be champion if Paxson and Cartwright were traded off :D

Who, who, who and who? ;) I know Jordan and Pippen; never heard of the other dudes. But yeah, anyway, I'm just nosey and I wonder why neither of the drummers are involved. From what I understand of Izzy Stradlin, I am not surprised by his absence, but I'm curious about the drummers.

According to the Pulse of Radio, via Blabbermouth, the reunion tour would not feature all of the original members… there will be no Izzy Stradlin (who is quite the recluse) or drummer Steven Adler (whose entire life has been leading up to this disappointment) or even drummer Matt Sorum. The reunion will only be Axl Rose, Slash and bassist Duff McKagan.

As for who would round out the band… it would be current GNR guitarist Richard Fortus and drummer Frank Ferrer as well as long-time keyboardist Dizzy Reed.

Surely, it's not much of a 'reunion' if only three of the original band are involved?

I can understand Adler being left out (after all, Axl paid him off so that he couldn't claim any part of the band as his own, so why would the little control-freak let him anywhere near it now?) I don't understand why Matt Sorum wouldn't be asked back ... unless the thinking is that he's not an AFD 'original', so no-one will really give a toss if he's involved or not ...

Perhaps

Who, who, who and who? ;) I know Jordan and Pippen; never heard of the other dudes. But yeah, anyway, I'm just nosey and I wonder why neither of the drummers are involved. From what I understand of Izzy Stradlin, I am not surprised by his absence, but I'm curious about the drummers.

I think I might have an answer to that. When Axl replaced his childhood friend, Paul Tobias with Richard Fortus, he's impressed with Fortus' amazing skills and he once said Fortus is just like Izzy but well better (perhaps on technicality) haha and Frank Ferrer, the current drummer is a long-time friend of Fortus and they're both in the same band before joining GNR, so there must be something to do with it :D

new report: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-reunion-steven-adler-3/

At least one other member of Guns N’ Roses‘ classic-era lineup could be part of the band’s long-awaited reunion. Eddie Trunk, the hard-rock radio and TV host, says negotiations are underway for a possible guest role for Steven Adler. Fellow co-founder Izzy [stradlin] might also sit in, he says.

“My sources have told me current GNR drummer Frank Ferrer will be retained and play the bulk of the show,” Trunk wrote on his official website. Adler, Trunk noted, could make an appearance “if a deal can be worked out.”

Read More: Guns N’ Roses Rumor: Steven Adler Negotiating for Role in Reunion Tour | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-reunion-steven-adler-3/?trackback=tsmclip

Hahaha :lol:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/01/guns-n-roses-reunion-is-already-off-to-a-rousing-start-as-axl-rose-cancels-kimmel-appearance/

Guns N’ Roses’ reunion is off to a rousing start as Axl Rose cancels Kimmel appearance

GNR frontman was expected to announce the band's reunion during Tuesday night broadcast

What?! Something like that happened? I could never in my wildest dreams have predicted that!! ;)

As for a deal with Adler... what deal? Surely he'd give a testicle to be part of this? Or do they want both of them?