Help Identifying a Song Title / Band (PLEASE!)

gener8tr

So I went to the Foreigner show a couple weeks back... actually it was Kid Rock's show, but I primarily went to see Foreigner... although I must admit, Kid was dam entertaining.

Anyway................ After Foreigner and prior to Kid Rock, several songs were played over the loudspeaker system. One of them was a MASSIVE 1987ish hook-laden, drippy AOR masterpiece with " SHOT THROUGH THE HEART" being a major part of the lyric.

No, it was not Bon Jovi. This sounded much more like something King Kobra or Autograph would have released back in the day. Sounded like an American band, too. SOOOOOOOO damn good.

Ring a bell with anyone? I've google'd the hell out of this and come-up 100% empty. I'm guessing it's played before each Kid Rock show on this tour as "most" bands have a tape or CD-R, or whatever they play before coming on so they know pretty much exactly how much time they have. It's usually the same every night... at least with bands I've seen on back-to-back nights.

Someone PLEASE help me out here. Trust me, every single one of you on this site would love this particular song!

Nope, not the Bon Jovi / Surgin' track, but thanks for looking and replying, I appreciate the help.

I'd never heard the song before, but it's as AOR as AOR gets and should have been all over MTV in 1985 -1987. Sounded like a third-tier band ala Tobruk or the like, but American. Damn I wish I knew so I could share it. Y'all would love it, trust me.

I seem to remember the lyrics something along the lines of: "Thunder... Shot Throught The Heart"

Perhaps it's this??

We're in the right neighborhood with China and Icon, but unfortunately it's neither... although both of those songs are great and I sincerely appreciate the help.

Not sure what to do at this point. If the song wasn't so damn good I could just pass it off... but I can't, because it was awesome!

Maybe I can try to email one of Kid's crew?

• My Little Pony

We're in the right neighborhood with China and Icon, but unfortunately it's neither... although both of those songs are great and I sincerely appreciate the help.

Not sure what to do at this point. If the song wasn't so damn good I could just pass it off... but I can't, because it was awesome!

Maybe I can try to email one of Kid's crew?

Huh. I'm surprised they would have such an obscure song on their playlist.

Im with Nolan on this, it's gonna turn out to be some mainstream group, I just don't see it being something this obscure, no way, I mean your out on the fringe here bro, Rio, I mean come on Shogun, I mean Monty Flippin Smith!!! we better start working back the other way, it's not gonna be any more obscure then some solo Monty Smith.

Thank y'all so much for the responses. I wish more than anything it was one of the aforementioned tracks, but it's not... but damn you guys are REALLY good!

I wish I could provide more of the lyrics, but I can't. The only that stands out in my mind is the big gang-vocal chorus "Shot Through The Heart" and more importantly (and maybe the best clue) the lyric "THUNDER" just before breaking into "Shot..."

I know it's not much to go on and I thank y'all once again for the help. I wish someone here had tickets to see Kid Rock soon... although I'm only guessing the same songs are played before each show.