Praying Mantis - Legacy

Stefan

New album out in August 21st (Frontiers Records).

capture-20150617-171408.png

Tracklist:

1. Fight For Your Honour
2. The One
3. Believable
4. Tokyo
5. Better Man
6. All I See
7. Eyes Of A Child
8. The Runner
9. Against The World
10. Fallen Angel
11. Second Time Around

Oh christ, I was about to tear shreds of this, but the second song sounds stunning in that EPK. It's only a bit over the verse and half of it quiet, but it sounds wonderful assuming the chorus can match it.

I don't know what to make of this band to be honest. I find them very plain and boring, but I will try this one out, just to find out what the story is with that second song.

Jeez, the song at the 3:20 mark sound killer too. I actually really want to hear this album. Good luck to them. Hope they've delivered a surprise package here.

... And hasn't that cover already been taken by Jorn/Lande? Same artist for sure, I'd bet.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds amazingly promising. Very varied stylistically, with elements of their classic sound, but with some newer riffs and melodies as well. Hopefully that doesn't make it too disjointed from a listen-through perspective.

Geoff, regarding the cover art, look at their album covers back to 1981 on the main site. They've been using this theme WAAAAAY longer than Jorn...

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/band.cgi?BandNum=967

PM, is one of my all time favorite bands, I've seen them and I still cherish these moments like something that would made Descartes rewrite his meditations on 1st philosophy (even

New full song:

What a delicious melodic rock song. Love that one.

Trying to imagine this with the previous singer, crying...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh christ, I was about to tear shreds of this, but the second song sounds stunning in that EPK. It's only a bit over the verse and half of it quiet, but it sounds wonderful assuming the chorus can match it.

I don't know what to make of this band to be honest. I find them very plain and boring, but I will try this one out, just to find out what the story is with that second song.

Jeez, the song at the 3:20 mark sound killer too. I actually really want to hear this album. Good luck to them. Hope they've delivered a surprise package here.

... And hasn't that cover already been taken by Jorn/Lande? Same artist for sure, I'd bet.

Rodney Matthews is the artist. Lots of bands hired him. He appeared recently in couple of TV shows associated with some pawn shops.

I first learnt about him after the work he has done with writer Michael Moorcock. I have some of his posters framed on the walls of my dungeon.

51v97QsypmL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

http://www.rodneymatthews.com/gallery.htm

Based on what I've heard of this one so far I'm actually going to check out their discography. I know it's a kind of gay thing to do, but looking through some of the song titles it looks like a band that may have a gem in their collection around that 1991/1993 mark? Am I wrong?

If I'm not mistaken, many claims their 1998 album 'Forever In Time' is among the best, but for me, PM always be a 70-80% type of band, they're quite consistent but never really outstood the competition. I'll check this one out to see if it breaks the 80% mark

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from a couple of really excellent songs, I'm sad to say I wasn't overly interested in this one. I'll see how it fares in the breakdown, but there wasn't much to back up a few real gems.

If I'm not mistaken, many claims their 1998 album 'Forever In Time' is among the best, but for me, PM always be a 70-80% type of band, they're quite consistent but never really outstood the competition. I'll check this one out to see if it breaks the 80% mark

I disagree on the premises and the conclusion of your argument.

Still, I found their new lp mediocre (PM bouncing in the 70-75% is mediocre in my book) and I only love one track.

I have to admit, though, that some of the tracks would be better with the previous singer, which makes me to recall all the soapy opera when they fired him from f/book, although I din't save the messages.

Guest MalcolmTucker

wow! it's been a long time without hearing news about these guys. They are a good band, overall. Their only problem is that they've never managed to turn out a perfect album (and when I say perfect, I mean a 4'5/5)...and after listening to the songs you've posted above, I expect the same for the new album: quite good but nothing that's gonna blow your mind.

Based on what I've heard of this one so far I'm actually going to check out their discography. I know it's a kind of gay thing to do, but looking through some of the song titles it looks like a band that may have a gem in their collection around that 1991/1993 mark? Am I wrong?

Good guess, Geoff. In fact, I'd start with 'A Cry for the New World' (1993), which I think is their best album so far (at least among those I've listened to).