STARBREAKER (Tony Harnell/Magnus Karlsson) to release CD #3 in 2016

AlphaMale

http://bravewords.com/news/former-tnt-frontman-tony-harnell-teaming-up-with-primal-fears-magnus-karlsson-for-new-starbreaker-album

FORMER TNT FRONTMAN TONY HARNELL TEAMING UP WITH PRIMAL FEAR'S MAGNUS KARLSSON FOR NEW STARBREAKER ALBUM

January 27, 2015, 4 hours ago

54C7B971-former-tnt-frontman-tony-harnel

Former TNT frontman, Tony Harnell, is teaming up with Primal Fear guitarist Magnus Karlsson again for a brand new Starbreaker album.

Says Tony: "One of my favorite recording projects, Starbreaker, with Magnus Karlsson will finally release album #3 sometime next year. Other news soon..."

p19cm2mqdt1pge1iki1aoevu6nf64.jpg

Starbreaker started as Harnell's side project while he was still in TNT. He was initially working on a solo record, but with guitarist Magnus Karlsson, former TNT drummer John Macaluso, and bassist Fabrizio Grossi, they formed Starbreaker.

The band recorded its first self-titled studio album in 2005, and it was released on July 13th, 2005. After the release of the album, Harnell went back to being the lead vocalist of TNT, but left the band in April 2006 to spend some more time with his family while still writing songs.

In late 2007, with Starbreaker as his main musical project, he flew to Sweden to write the bulk of the songs for the new album with Karlsson, and started recording the new songs at the end of the year. The second album was entitled Love's Dying Wish, and was released on August 1st, 2008. The album featured new bassist Jonni Lightfoot, who replaced Grossi, and was produced by Harnell and Karlsson, with producer Tommy Hansen (TNT, Pretty Maids, Helloween) as the mixer. (Wikipedia)

Much prefer this to TNT

I'm with Glen on this ... it must be something in the water around here ... I love both Starbreaker albums ...

1. TNT

2. Westworld

3. Starbreaker

I have enjoyed the previous two albums to some extent, but I'd have preferred he stayed with TNT, and once that fell through, I would much prefer to have heard about a new Westworld album.

However, I'll still look forward to this, if only to hear Harnell's voice on some good tunes again.